Is Axl Alone On Stage?

Axl used to lean on Slash/Duff and Izzy alot live.... Put his arm on their back during legendary parts of songs while he belted out the lyrics. I was just watching some of the 06 vids and thought he seemed to look around alot , Kind of looking for someone to lean on.

What do you people think?

No.. On stage seems to be the only time u can guarantee Axl hangs out w the band w out Beta and even then she's watching over him from the side.

Because band managers don't watch their bands perform from side stage :rolleyes:

I've seen Axl lean on Richard a lot lately, and occasionally DJ or BBF.

• Like 1

He may as well be alone onstage. In the U.S. nobody really cares about anyone else onstage besides Axl. Yes I know there are some bigger girls who follow the band wearing ASHBASWAG but without Slash there is nobody else that really stands out in this band.

At all the shows I've been at I hear people yelling for Bumblefoot and DJ all of the time. Even Fortus. There are a ton of people that go to the shows that aren't a part of the forums. There are plenty of people who care about the other members. Nice try, though.

• Like 3

At all the shows I've been at I hear people yelling for Bumblefoot and DJ all of the time. Even Fortus. There are a ton of people that go to the shows that aren't a part of the forums. There are plenty of people who care about the other members. Nice try, though.

Keep telling yourself that Kid and it might come true. Maybe there are people yelling for Fortus at a small hardcore show like Brooklyn Bowl but the truth is at a regular arena show the vast majority of people don't know or care about anyone besides Axl.

Hope they do a cover of 'Lean On Me'.

With what Axl is tipping the scales at these days that might not be a good idea. It might also be why he stopped coming in contact with others on stage. Fear of crushing or knocking them over.

• Like 1

At all the arena shows I was at people were yelling for them around me. :shrugs:

Did people care about Gilby and Matt when you saw the Illusions tour in your early teens?

Nope. I don't think that people would yell for them on a reunion tour either. It's not really debatable that to the majority of people the guys currently in the band are just Axl and a bunch of guys who aren't Slash. Nameless, faceless musicians playing behind Axl Rose.Check the Gn'R facebook comments and you will see what I mean. Or read comments from the people on most major music sites. Very few will say "Ron Thal is a fantastic guitarist and most will say Where is Slash?" It's probably like that for a lot of bands these days. There don't seem to be as many personalities like Slash. That was a different time though when Gn'R were one of the biggest bands in the world. Edited by xGNRxSTARx

I'm not saying the crowd is screaming like they would for Slash, but I am saying that plenty of people do yell for some of the other guys more than you're giving them credit. Most of the people I've met at shows don't even post on the forums and they're just as hardcore fans as most of us here. Most of the other members have plenty of fans and get their fair share of crowd reaction other than during their solos or band intros.

I guess we will agree to disagree. I've seen Dizzy Reed play to 50 people (he still played for two hours) To me, he's the most recognizable member outside of Axl. I can't imagine that Ron Thal or Richard Fortus playing solo shows would do much better so I'm not sure where this fan base for the other members is in the U.S.

Actually Tommy might have the biggest fan base due to the Replacements but I'm not sure how many of them would throw down $100 to see him in Gn'R.

Axl can stand on his own now. He doesn't need anyone to lean on.

Back in the early days when he would lean on Slash, Axl was lucky he and Slash never fell over since Slash looked so damn messed up back then.

I'm amazed those guys could stand in some of the shows they did. Duff looked so messed up too. It's amazing they played well together at all, but Duff has said, no matter how messed up they were when it came to playing music, it was all business.

Unfortunately, the original members lost the magic when Steven was fired and the rest is history.