Noblesville, Indiana, US - Pro-Shot - 1991.05.29

I prefer 'way too raspy' Axl than 'terribly weak mickey mouse out of breath every 5 seconds" Axl.

When I heard these bootlegs back in the day, I never minded the "way too raspy" shows. People always complain about the Estranged intro from Tokyo 92, but that doesn't bother me one bit. If anything, it gave the performances even more personality.

Right on, gentlemen.

This is the best show from 1991 I reckon

I think both Toronto '91 shows were about as great as Axl got. Greatest frontman on the planet:

They played 11 songs from the yet to be released UYI albums at this show, at one point playing 4 unheard new songs in a row.

Imagine that happening today....

and yes, I know Civil War was released as part of the You Could Be Mine single and was played at Farm Aid the previous year and KOHD was played by them in the past but still...;)

Sometimes I wonder what Axl thinks about his current self when he watches these fucking epic old shows…. :rolleyes:

In a recent interview, cant remember exactly when, he said he feels his "kamikaze" style performances werent the best thing for him. Or something to that regard. I get the want to be healthy and mentally stable, but its as if he wants to detest everythin that made him and Guns popular in the first place.

His performances made him who he is. The reason he became my favorite frontman of all time. He was a beast!!!

They opened with Perfect Crime on 2 occasions when I saw them, Once in 91 and once when they toured with Metallica. The Metallica show though was horrendous and Axl walked off stage during a song and never came back. That was a weird tour. 2 completely different crowds and from the 3 shows I saw of it, it was heavily a Metallica crowd and by the time GNR hit the stage, thousands of people had left.

They opened with Perfect Crime on 2 occasions when I saw them, Once in 91 and once when they toured with Metallica. The Metallica show though was horrendous and Axl walked off stage during a song and never came back. That was a weird tour. 2 completely different crowds and from the 3 shows I saw of it, it was heavily a Metallica crowd and by the time GNR hit the stage, thousands of people had left.

You weren't at Montreal where Hetfield got burned and Axl walked offstage all in the same night, were you?

You weren't at Montreal where Hetfield got burned and Axl walked offstage all in the same night, were you?

no sir..I was in Jersey when he walked off

Does anyone know what shirt Axl is wearing at the start of the Toronto show?

Is that a band's shirt? Anyone know if its online anywhere?

it's a Nine Inch Nails t-shirt

Never heard that he went offstage there, maybe you behaved yourselves and didn't cause a riot lol. Probs helped the Met were there. Was there any reason he just pissed off?

I think he got hit with a lighter or something...i think duff said something like he got hit in the dick with a bic, or something to that effect

if I remember right, it was during KOHD,,,

people were actually relieved (at least the people in my surrounding area and the people talking on the way home) because it was a long fucking day...faith no more played their set, then a few hour wait for metallica who then played nearly 3 hours, then an interminable wait for gnr...people were exhausted by the time gnr hit the stage and were just about dead for them....

Christ that many hours then a long ass wait is insane even if its GNR. At least you got a decent amount of songs if Heaven's Door was when he exited stage left? Sometimes he'd just ignore getting hit by something, sometimes he had a couple warnings but did he even warn the crowd before that? He surely can't register the fact the crowd had been out there for hours, maybe something happened to him before he hit the stage god knows with Axl.

Edited by RandallFlagg

Christ that many hours then a long ass wait is insane even if its GNR. At least you got a decent amount of songs if Heaven's Door was when he exited stage left? Sometimes he'd just ignore getting hit by something, sometimes he had a couple warnings but did he even warn the crowd before that? He surely can't register the fact the crowd had been out there for hours, maybe something happened to him before he hit the stage god knows with Axl.

Yeah, it was basically a full show without the encore and maybe 2 more songs after KOHD, But it seemed as if they were fighting to win the crowd over all night. I've always thought that's why they opened with Perfect Crime that night since it's a "faster" song of theirs, since it was definitely more of a Metallica crowd. But no warnings, he just stormed off, not sure if they finished the song but I don't think they did. Duff then said the "dick bic" thing and that was that. But it was already so late that the buses to take us back to NY were already done for the night. It was a nightmare getting home...

That's an interesting point with Perfect Crime, Hetfield really didn't get on with Axl though, they're both completely different ends of the rock spectrum though so I can understand it, I was barely even able to comprehend music at the time the two were rocking it down so I've got the benefit of looking thru a telescope but I can imagine the fanbases were abrasive, I still reckon I would've appreciated both their offerings and got they liked different dynamics. Maybe Axl just thought I've done everything I wanted out here, I;m not taking a lighter to the dick, fuck the encore, I checked the setlist though and I'd be happy with that plus FNM and Tallica. Especially being out there that long.

Plus it wasn't like a festival where you could walk around and see other bands, check different things out, eat, drink and whatever else...you basically got to your seat and you were in for the long haul, except for beer and bathroom breaks. Too long of a hot summer day for bands to play 3 hours each with 3 hours in between bands.

Faith No More killed it though, from what I remember. Short set, but great

This is the best show from 1991 I reckon

Axl was at his craziest in 1991 it was like he was trying to blow his voice box or something

What's the song playing before Guns came on?And where's the rest if this show?

Found the whole show

http://youtu.be/JHc1xHmDlR0

HAHA!@ 53:26ish Axl says maybe he could open a used clothing store. And right before,someone had thrown something on stage and I was thinking,"by the end of that show,Axl could open a lingerie store."LOL

Edited by SweetRose

Does anyone know what shirt Axl is wearing at the start of the Toronto show?

Is that a band's shirt? Anyone know if its online anywhere?

This is from the Toronto show.

14201466355_9cebb502cb_b.jpg

That's a cool picture.

That was a cool singer.