Reunion "Event Horizon"

For me the thought of a reunion and whether I'd be interested hinges on one thing and one thing only. Axl and the shape he's in. At this moment in time I've no interest whatsoever in seeing fatty Axl wheeze his way through the setlist with any line-up and especially considering that the original line-up are pretty much guaranteed to be on form. So yeah I'd kill to see this happen if Axl dropped 30 pounds, got into decent shape and was able to sing again but I don't see that happening quite frankly. :(

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

I would be excited, one last album from these guys would be awsome, but if it doesn't happen I don't care seriously, I like what Slash is doing, Duff too. The problem is Axl though, the man has changed, and if his vision was to have an emo guitarist, 10 keyboard players in his band and 25 giant screens behind him so be it.

• Like 1

Everyone here that says they are not interested in a reunion are lying to yourselves. I think back to the fanboy'ism of Duff playing just a few shows with Axl, and all the hysteria around here. Everyone was ready to wish Tommy well on his way out the door. If that had been Slash playing a few shows with his "pal" Axl, the forum would have crashed due to the excitement. Even the guys playing with Axl in GNR would like to see a reunion.

For a long time I was against a reunion, but it is clear to me now that GNR is content to give us Appetitie for Democracy tour until Axl falls over dead. There is no grand plans for new music, or an album. With that being said, if Axl wants to give us Appetitie for Democracy over and over that's fine, I would just rather see him tour with the guys that made these classic hits with him. Watching DJ Ashba and his running man and his Hulk Hogan moves is enough to make you want to vomit. Watching DJ Ashba, do the opening to Sweet Child, or trying to handle any of Slash's solos is just a fucking joke.

So yeah I'm interested in a reunion. Unless Axl is going to release new music with this line up, give me Slash, Izzy, Duff, I don't care who is on drums, I would prefer Frank, but that's me. I would also love to see Ron stay if a reunion was to happen, and of course Dizzy. I can take or leave Pittman.

• Like 2

I don't know if there would be worldwide enthusiasm over a reunion when Axl's been doing the songs for well over a decade. I get that he worked hard to rebuild GNR but the stubbornness on his part just comes off as foolish pride sometimes. There's people who are in bands that have done worse to each other behind the scenes and somehow make it work.

• Like 1

Everyone here that says they are not interested in a reunion are lying to yourselves. I think back to the fanboy'ism of Duff playing just a few shows with Axl, and all the hysteria around here. Everyone was ready to wish Tommy well on his way out the door. If that had been Slash playing a few shows with his "pal" Axl, the forum would have crashed due to the excitement. Even the guys playing with Axl in GNR would like to see a reunion.

For a long time I was against a reunion, but it is clear to me now that GNR is content to give us Appetitie for Democracy tour until Axl falls over dead. There is no grand plans for new music, or an album. With that being said, if Axl wants to give us Appetitie for Democracy over and over that's fine, I would just rather see him tour with the guys that made these classic hits with him. Watching DJ Ashba and his running man and his Hulk Hogan moves is enough to make you want to vomit. Watching DJ Ashba, do the opening to Sweet Child, or trying to handle any of Slash's solos is just a fucking joke.

So yeah I'm interested in a reunion. Unless Axl is going to release new music with this line up, give me Slash, Izzy, Duff, I don't care who is on drums, I would prefer Frank, but that's me. I would also love to see Ron stay if a reunion was to happen, and of course Dizzy. I can take or leave Pittman.

great post. glad to see that not all the nugnr fans are retards.

Let Myles Kennedy or Scott Weiland do the reunion tour with Slash and Company.

And Fat Axl can tour with Steven Adler, Paul Huge and Ole Beich.

With the state of Axl's voice and overall pysical conditioning, the only reunion I'd be interested in seeing is some version of the AFD and or UYI lineups with Myles as the singer. Or maybe they can try to get Andrew Stockdale to drop wolfmother, I always thought he had the range to do justice to GnR stuff.

As I stated yesterday:

Don't get me wrong, I'd go in a heartbeat if it happened. No questions asked simply due to it being the creators of my favorite music of all time on stage and going at it for the youngsters like me who were a day late and a buck short back in the glory days. But they're about 5 years too late for it to be such an ideal scenario anymore. Simply because Axl's lost it regardless of why. The HOF would've been a great way to put a lid on it, but since Rio I haven't been craving it anywhere close to the intensity I was in 2010, early 2011.

But it doesn't matter anyways. Fit Axl or shit Axl, it's never, ever gonna happen. Axl will never admit failure and that he was wrong to believe nu guns were ever gonna hold a candle to the real deal. It's beyond over guys.

But it doesn't matter anyways. Fit Axl or shit Axl, it's never, ever gonna happen. Axl will never admit failure and that he was wrong to believe nu guns were ever gonna hold a candle to the real deal. It's beyond over guys.

You do realize how big (and needy) Axl's entourage is, right?

I guarantee you that once the lawyers can figure out a deal that everyone signs off on, we'll have that reunion.

And yes, it will be too late.

You do realize how big (and needy) Axl's entourage is, right?

I guarantee you that once the lawyers can figure out a deal that everyone signs off on, we'll have that reunion.

And yes, it will be too late.

Yes I realize that. But nu guns seems to be doing well enough where Axl can live comfortably. Doesn't hold a candle to what real guns would do for him financially, but he doesn't seem like being in danger of being broke. And I can't see his stubborn ass admitting defeat with nu guns, and even contemplating getting back with Slash unless he absolutely has to. Or unless they miraculously kiss and make up. Which is even more unlikely. On top of that, he gets the biggest cut of the royalties to fall back on.

Even if nu guns eventually have to resort playing bars down the line, I think Axl's will have made enough for himself and his army of mooches to live comfortably with.

I just can't see it happening man. It's just way too late IMHO.

I'd sure as shit be happy to be wrong though.

Watching Pink Floyd get together for one show when they were "far past their prime" was still enthralling. The original GNR is a lot younger right now than they were and have a lot more energy/spirt in the tank. I think if they got together, it would be pretty memorizing. Remember the first time Axl and Duff were on stage? It lit a fire under Axl's ass. I could see the same thing with a full reunion...atleast for awhile.

although the tour would be cool, especially for fans. the record would be a problem with them all used to enjoying more creative freedom apart. they all have different takes on what a GNR record should be. To get Jungle, SCOM, PC then they really need to collaborate. Even with a good attitude the expectations would probably strangle them.

The reunion could be a humbling experience all around cos it won't sell as much as the old days or be as prominent. And they won't get anywhere near Jungle, SCOM, PC, YCBM, DC, Nov Rain so it will be like UYI without the hits which is what CD is really.

There could be a lot of "I told you so" from Axl.

Edited by wasted