Missed collaboration opportunities over the years

Just a simple question, really. We know Axl was mostly MIA for years on end and the only guest vocals he did for a couple decades were for the Bach record. What artists would you have liked to hear him collaborate with over the years?

I was thinking he would have sounded fucking killer on a track with Mark Lanegan on a Queens of the Stone Age album. Imagine a song like 'In the Fade' or 'Millionaire' with some crunchy rasp.

If Axl had traded verses on a track like that from QotSA i'd probably have an eargasm.

Any others? Maybe Bowie during one of his experimental albums or something?

Gotta mention Tupac as a shout-out to Randy btw. Someone would have mentioned it sooner or later.

Practically anybody Axl has reached out to over the years. Either as official band members or just guests or whatever, they would have certainly brought something interesting to the fold, like Zakk Wylde, Igor Cavalera and Dave Navarro. I also recently found out that Stevie Salas actually auditioned to be with them back in 1999 or 2000, so that would have been pretty neat. Sometimes I wonder how different the band would have sounded if Tracii Guns had stuck around or came back, as well. I'd also like to hear some more stuff Buckethead could have done with the group, since if I understand correctly many of the songs he recorded on existed before his tenure in the band, except Shackler's, Sorry and one other. This one I'm probably alone on, but I think it would be cool to hear Axl sing some songs off of Tommy and Bumblefoot's solo albums.

Also, this may just be me, but I would have liked to hear a collab with Alice in Chains or Red Hot Chili Peppers. Or both. Even now I'd like to hear that, actually, although the ideal collaborations with them would be 1990-1999 and 1985-2000, respectively.

He can't release an album of his own, yet we expect him to collaborate with others?

As nice as that would be, truth is Axl had it all to do collaborations with anyone he wanted back in the day, when he had the music world at his feet. However, he ended up singing on Gilby Clark's Pawn Shop Guitar..... So, there's your answer...

In the MSL emails, one of the more interesting things was the alleged email where Axl complains about Dr. Dre taking forever on an "If the World" remix. That would be fascinating.

Edited by TeeJay410

Axl and Jimmy Page would have been absolutely incredible. Jimmy Page is another artist who always goes on about releasing new stuff and never does so maybe if the two were to work together they'd finally put something out :lol:

Nine Inch Nails, imagine summat like Somewhat Damaged with Axl shrieking his ginger face off.

Bowie, under pressure was fucking great with freddie. Bowie on the Shackler verses lol.

Elton John having his low voice since the operation would've worked better than them both having high wails.

I'd love to see Axl spin some shit on a slayer thrasher, war ensemble featuring axl rose WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR