If Ron leaves, which virtuoso would you like to see in the band?

Guest Gunns

It's been 15 fucking years a people still haven't realized that Guns N Roses are a two guitar band.

Word.

I concur, but I don't think it's that people haven't realized it's a two guitar band. I think people realize that Axl wants that, and Axl gets what Axl wants, so we might as well discuss who the potential new guy is.

Remember when it was rumoured that Michael Angelo Batio was meant to be the new guitarist before Bumble joined?

For the record, I think that would be pretty awesome and he might make a fitting replacement for Bumblefoot. Maybe, haven't heard everything he's done yet.

Axl will give Bucket a trip to Disney.

Boom. Buckets back. Always thought the sharing my Dr Pepper comment was pretty telling. Axl likes Bucket.

Ultimately, if its not a returning member its all getting a bit ridiculous. This was a "stable" line up.

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

if the rumors are true about Ron leaving, I want to be the first person to welcome Bucket back into the band

I will miss Ron, but Bucket would be a welcome edition,

But if Bucket doesn't come back to (replace a guy that originally replaced him) who would you like to see take over the virtuoso spot?

discuss

As long as Axl doesn't want to do jack shit other than touring, what does it really matter?

It's been 15 fucking years a people still haven't realized that Guns N Roses are a two guitar band.

Word.
people who still think this is gnr...

*facepalm*

Edited by Mao5
  • Like 1

Please no more virtuoso...

Fortus is a great guitarist. He can play the songs and look cool at the same time. That's more than most of the technically skilled guitarists mentioned in this thread can handle.

Bucket is in his own league though. If DJ left as well and we would end up with a team of Fortus and Bucket, that would be insane. But my head hurts when I try to imagine DJ on stage playing a solo next to Bucket.

I hope Fortus is leaving too. I don't like him.

Out of all the guitarists they have at this point, neither Bumble nor Fortus is the worst.
Sorry, but I can't have much respect for musicians like BBF or Fortus (12 years covering songs and trying to look like Izzy, lame).

Out of all the guitarists they have at this point, neither Bumble nor Fortus is the worst.
Sorry, but I can't have much respect for musicians like BBF or Fortus (12 years covering songs and trying to look like Izzy, lame).
The other guy in the band is the biggest rockstar wannabe of them all.

Also, Bumble joined in 2006, so that's 8 years and not 12. And he's leaving (I assume) partially because of he's fed up with not doing anything original.

Oh and while you're having a hard time respecting people, it would be very unfair not to list the redhead that turned GnR into a glorified coverband in the first place.

The other guy in the band is the biggest rockstar wannabe of them all.

Also, Bumble joined in 2006, so that's 8 years and not 12. And he's leaving (I assume) partially because of he's fed up with not doing anything original.

:lol: :lol:

He was obviously referring to Fortus.

I agree with axlfan88, Fortus is lame. Fakegnr is a failure, everybody can see it.

I don't think that Richard can help it that his face looks a lot like Izzy's....

Richard is the best guitarist GN'R had since Slash imho. He's just really underappreciated.

the problem with fortus is that at the age of almost 50, he still hasn't done anything original in his entire career. he's a session musician, not an artist who can create songs. he plays what he's told to play, and that's it.

Edited by durruti column

the problem with fortus is that at the age of almost 50, he still hasn't done anything original in his entire career. he's a session musician, not an artist who can create songs. he plays what he's told to play, and that's it.

And he's very good at it.

This is not an insult. After all Gilby wasn't more than that.

I have shitloads of respect for guys who play very well.

Can you picture Satriani or Vai waiting 4 hours (right behind the curtain) for the singer to arrive before taking the stage though?

Fuck no.

Not a fucken chance. Those guys have integrity and have a work ethic and won't take that shit.

What do you guys think about Nuno Bettencourt from Extreme as a Bumblefoot replacement? He's totally cool with contract work, he's gigged with Rhianna for god's sake. I'm sure he'd do it, but would he be a good fit?

He was offered an audition at the very least and he said no.

• Like 1

What do you guys think about Nuno Bettencourt from Extreme as a Bumblefoot replacement? He's totally cool with contract work, he's gigged with Rhianna for god's sake. I'm sure he'd do it, but would he be a good fit?

He was offered an audition at the very least and he said no.

That is very telling. Not many people want to join Guns N' Roses for obvious reasons(read, problematic and temperamental band leader).

I'd love to see Frusciante but in Ashba's current role, on the insane productivity and unique scale of things he's off the wall like them but he would deserve a hell of a lot better than Axl's current regurgitating trapped ghost world of a band. I don't know who could replace BBF but I know it's an absurd waste of talent, at least he got one record from Finck/BH and I assume a couple more songs lying around wasting away that could've been put on half a record with this bands offerings.