If Ron leaves, which virtuoso would you like to see in the band?

Guest Gunns

I don't want anyone but Slash and Izzy, or Gilby if Izzy won't do it. GN'R doesn't need any fucking virtuoso guitar player when the band doesn't even play the songs where that type of lead work is required.

Seriously, this is a big joke. If BBF leaves, the only option is reunion.

If Ron leaves i'll be pissed but if we're on the topic, Yngwie Malmsteen not as if he'd join though. Also plays strats so not sure how that would phase team Brazil.

Dear God. I Love Yngwie, but that would be horrible.

If you want to talk about a non-diverse artist, Yngwie is it. I would know, I have all of his albums.

I'd bring Izzy back to replace Ron and try to write a Self-Titled record. Move Fortus to lead. That way you can have Izzy and Axl songs on one record with some cool guitarists playing them. or maybe they will do nothing.

if the rumors are true about Ron leaving, I want to be the first person to welcome Bucket back into the band

I will miss Ron, but Bucket would be a welcome edition,

But if Bucket doesn't come back to (replace a guy that originally replaced him) who would you like to see take over the virtuoso spot?

discuss

I don't think Buckethead will be back not after being blamed last time

Frusciante, Campbell, Malmstein, Zakk...those guys aren't going to tolerate Axl for very long.

Then maybe he needs to take a look at himself in the mirror and realize he's an unpersonable piece of shit and work on making himself easier to work with?

if the rumors are true about Ron leaving, I want to be the first person to welcome Bucket back into the band

I will miss Ron, but Bucket would be a welcome edition,

But if Bucket doesn't come back to (replace a guy that originally replaced him) who would you like to see take over the virtuoso spot?

discuss

It doesn't matter at all who replaces that Bumblefoot guy. It's completely irrelevant. It'll be the same shit no matter what.

What do you guys think about Nuno Bettencourt from Extreme as a Bumblefoot replacement? He's totally cool with contract work, he's gigged with Rhianna for god's sake. I'm sure he'd do it, but would he be a good fit?

And he's fluent in Portuguese...

i'll probably get lynched for this suggestion... how about someone who is used to an eccentric frontman - Dave Navarro??

I'd dig that. Dave seems a bit of a douche now with his ink master show but I think he's a cool player and I think he'd fit in with the band.

What about Satchel (I think is his name) from Steel Panther? Guy already plays in a tongue in cheek band already and that's practically what guns is now anyway...plus he can play the piss out of the guitar.

Who cares about Bucket lol. It's been 15 fucking years a people still haven't realized that Guns N Roses are a two guitar band. BBF is a cool guy but honestly with all the news recently I think we should pay more atention to the fact that Axl's thinking about retiring. That ain't no rumour, I can garantee you that.

Guest Gunns

as long as he doesn't hire Nick Sterling, then the future guitarist wont be as bad as Dj so we can take some solace knowing that.

Throw DJ in a garbage can or tie him up in the studio so that he sticks to recording.

Bring John 5 (insane shredder, great writer and can deal with prima donna personnalities Like Manson or Rob Zombie).

John 5 can shred his way through most ChiDem soli and can also write heavy stuff in the veins of SR.

Plus :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zprnSk6iIY

As people have said before, I'd really like to see Nuno Bettencourt, John 5, Zakk Wylde or Dave Navarro in the band after Bumblefoot. Pretty sure none of them would stick around all that long, but their tenures and potential for contribution would be pretty cool, to me at least. Buckethead coming back would be sweet, but it's not happening, unless Axl issues a public apology and builds a studio under Disneyland. I'd also like to see Joe Satriani in the band. I'm not his biggest fan, but it would piss off this former friend of mine, and I'd find that immensely hilarious. He's always gushing about how awesome Joe is, and how Guns N' Roses have always sucked and only got famous because they were "icons" or whatever. Yeah, I don't get it either. But anyways, I heard awhile back that Joe might have had an opportunity to join at some point. Anyone know anything about that?

I think Stevie Salas would be a good fit, but he'll likely never be a member of the band, because on one occasion he said something like "I jammed with Guns N' Roses once, but it wasn't really them because Slash wasn't there. You can't have Guns N' Roses without Axl and Slash, that's how it is." So yeah, that ain't happening. I mean, yeah, it's possible, but that seems like one of the top three things to say if you never, ever want to be a member of this band.