May 25, Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

He is doing allright and above all I think he is improving.

And so he was great in 2006-2010, but the voice can literally ran out in a short period of time especially with singers that really have a straining style. Paul Stanley was great until maybe 2009ish and then totally totally blew his voice and the band had to tune down to better able him to sign the songs and it has not worked. He had surgery to repair his vocal chords and that did not cut the mustard either. But Axl still has lot to give performance wise, but the setlist, lineup and yes yes yes the new music things that he should change.

I hate the way UTLH sounds with the shit ass Mickey voice. i wish he'd do You're Crazy instead.

Because You're Crazy is gonna be better with the Mickey voice?

That's not what I meant. Maybe I should have been clearer. UTLH has sounded terrible consistently over the past few years. He uses the worst of his Mickey voice nonsense with that song for some reason. In contrast, his voice has been much stronger these past few years on You're Crazy. Seems like something he's still able to pull of for whatever reason, so if we're gonna throw in a Lies song, I'd rather it be You're Crazy. Plus it's a better song.

• Like 2

I hate the way UTLH sounds with the shit ass Mickey voice. i wish he'd do You're Crazy instead.

Because You're Crazy is gonna be better with the Mickey voice?

That's not what I meant. Maybe I should have been clearer. UTLH has sounded terrible consistently over the past few years. He uses the worst of his Mickey voice nonsense with that song for some reason. In contrast, his voice has been much stronger these past few years on You're Crazy. Seems like something he's still able to pull of for whatever reason, so if we're gonna throw in a Lies song, I'd rather it be You're Crazy. Plus it's a better song.

See now that makes sense. I totally took that wrong. :lol:

Where does Axl use the wavering just-finished crying Mickey voice in recordings? He improves TIL live massively with the rasp but its kinda on that but its still powerful and restrained. Prostitute chorus but the end parts are real heavy hitting. SCOM kinda but it carries sharply doesn't just amble upwards lifelessly.

The pole dancers are embarrassing too.

It amazes me how little he tries at putting rasp on paradise city. It's one song that I feel demands rasp and power. Or atleast it would sound better.

At least Axl is moving around a bit…and looking definitely less bloated than back in '13.

I know a lot of time has passed since Axl was in his prime and age gets everyone but it's really funny/sad/pathetic (depending on how you look view things) to see just how much the band & fans alike have have settled.

If you think about everything that GN'R stood for and was built upon in the beginning, it's become the exact opposite. Totally predictable, no danger factor at all, and half ass performances most of the time.

We've been beat down to nothing to where if he just moves a little we get excited. If you really think about it, you might need a bib.

If Axl were touring under his own band and hadn't gone thru that bitter, insane, impassioned yet somewhat noble trail from 2001-2010 where he showed he was still capable of bearing the weight of what made Axl Rose a continuing legend then it'd be easier to accept, he's just a ghost of himself with a couple glimmers here and there the last couple years. The burden finally caught up with him and he's relented and turned into what he point blank refused to become and despised Slash for. Yet Slash actually plays a lot of material from his own albums and continues making them and selling well. Axl has got consumed by his convoluted meanderings and Democracy was pried from his hands anyway. What could've been after 2010 world tour... the momentum and potential was ridiculous, BH and Finck could've still shined on half a record with these guys throwing another half together, maybe the label rejected it but this didn't stop Axl playing songs for seven years that weren't released. Somewhere in 2011 he got abducted or some shit and fell into this hall of mirrors we got now.

• Like 1

My brother was saying the other day (not a big fan) that we caught Axl at a great time in 2006 (dublin). He was saying his voice was on fire and that he had seen him on youtube recently with the band sounding amazing and then Axl started singing and ruined it for him. I think he would be impressed with last nights nightrain though... most fans like my brother wouldn't go to too much trouble to find every new performance they usually just see the pro shot stuff. I dunno, Axl sounds decent these last few shows, this is a standard I can accept... I mean I would prefer him to be less breathless but he is getting up there and he does put on a pretty energetic show and have to hit some real high notes on songs that are not easy to sing... even you wrote the songs, some of the cd stuff is very difficult to sing because of the layering, TWAT, Prostitute being top examples the old stuff ain't no picnic either.

• Like 1

Sad that concert threads are now 12 pages long and about half the posts aren't actually even talking about the show.

It's even sadder if someone who actually attended the show and makes the effort to write a review is booed away and called an idiot.

• Like 4