May 25, Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

He's mickey mouse all nights, he nails ISE because, well, it's easy and WTTJ doesn't kill him if he uses moderated amounts of rasp. Rest of the set, of course, is pure crap. No 10 seconds of rasp here and there can save it.

Rocket queen

Good outro. I like that his stage presence is a lot better during these shows. He seems much more alive and alert. Honestly I think these Vegas shows would be great to go to. Sucks for us because we follow them so much, but the shows look like a blast! I wish they would live stream one

What's up guys. Fresh out of the show, and it was awesome! So there wasn't a ton of surprises in terms of setlist....but who cares? This show rocked! Axl sounded great, was in a fantastic mood the whole night. Shaking hands left and right, having some fun with the fans referencing the fact the fans were late "first time that's ever happened. Nice change of pace. I threw a riot backstage, 'Yo, this is fucked!' *laughs*" In such a good mood, he ditched the disguise and let loose. Very cool, personally tops 11/13/11 in Minneapolis (my first ever Guns show)

This was my first time getting to see Civil War, Catcher N' The Rye & Used To Love Her live so that was awesome. Good buzz from the crowd afterward. I'll be back to see them Wednesday. If we get more mixed into the set or something else tucked up their sleeve then that's awesome. This is not a Pass/Fail situation if they don't debut songs. That always was, and is, just a bonus. Be happy if you get it, but don't be sad if you don't. Just have fun, go have a good time. That's all that is required of a rock show, be it G N' R or anyone else. Why fret over things you have no control over.

Until next time, have a good one N' hope your next Guns show was as awesome as this!--

You're a prime example that why we NEVER get any new music fom Axl officialy...

He sounds powerful on that RQ outro but he done the other two thirds in mickey mode, I don't get how in 2010 he could do the full works like an insane carbon copy of the 90's powder keg. He clearly has no trouble hitting the rasp it's doing it consistently which indicates it strains his vocals but he done it almost every night for 09/10, he never looked like he was struggling either. He barely hit the rasp at all in SA or Rio 2011 which suggests it takes a few shows to warm up properly.

Rocket queen

Good outro. I like that his stage presence is a lot better during these shows. He seems much more alive and alert. Honestly I think these Vegas shows would be great to go to. Sucks for us because we follow them so much, but the shows look like a blast! I wish they would live stream one

I dig the sound of Frank's drums in that video, very up front sonically

It still sounds pretty good for a 50 year old without the rasp, nothing inherently wrong except it was originally sung with a piercing rasp and we've seen him pull it off before, it takes it up several notches. Shouldn't keep touring if he's unable to match the heights of a tour he's only repeating, would rather he save the voice and focus on new music then tour when he's able to hit new heights. I mean, this is Axl Rose and we have no supplied reason he isn't able to sing it with power until the outro, he's a proud man and supremely talented so it's not cause he's lazy or thinks it sounds better. I'm glad he can still reach the power in parts, just gotta assume there's a throat issue that prevents it.

Edited by RandallFlagg

I like that there's still 6 shows left, so improvement would be nice to see. He might as well go all out though. The next time we see Axl will be in November if he returns to Mexico, but I doubt it, so who knows how long it could be.

There's nothing to save the voice for at the moment. GNR will be on break for a while so I expect Axl to start putting in more of these brilliant moments where he matches his capabilities. The last show should be an all out effort.

His moments of greatness give me hope. I just like going to YouTube and playing a video from the most recent concert to find these moments. I think he's capable of it still.

I like this front row video of rocket queen

Yeah, ISE and RQ outro was somewhat powerful
Sounds decent to me, but if we all lowered our exppectations so desperately hear some minor rasp and sound controlling, then it's not much to discuss for now

Edited by Crash Diet