Preferred information about new material

Information about new songs and releases  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I prefer the situation as it is: band members who do their best to create buzz around a record they assume and hope will be released in not too long, like band members are supposed to do. in some cases being overly optimistic and unrealistic and in other cases the opposite. You gotta take it with a strain of salt and look at the complete picture of what various band members are saying - including Axl's unwillingness to talk about a follow-up.

I prefer the situation as it is: band members who do their best to create buzz around a record they assume and hope will be released in not too long, like band members are supposed to do. in some cases being overly optimistic and unrealistic and in other cases the opposite. You gotta take it with a strain of salt and look at the complete picture of what various band members are saying - including Axl's unwillingness to talk about a follow-up.

What I would prefer even more, of course, is complete transparency from the band.

At least, the album had a name. There's no new album, no album title, no desire to release it. The hired guys can say whatever they want, only Axl is able to make things happen and he doesn't give a fuck so.. I guess I prefer the silent years, at least that band was interesting and I wasn't disappointed by shit songs like Scraped and Sorry.

I prefer the silent treatment.

The guys in the band are in a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation on this.

We want to hear from the organ grinder, not the monkeys- and even then Axl has proven to be unreliable on the subject too (as well as lots of other things!)

I guess they can't just say " I'd like to write and record with Axl but unless it's onstage I have no contact with him" or " we have no idea what's going on in our own band" or the like.

• Like 1

Silence to bunch of BS..... but I don't think they lie as much as we think they do...

See, what are they being paid for if its not for writting music (aside from playing it)? Thing is they just don't know when or if those contributions will be used or not.

There's a probability they DO write stuff and have a lot of stuff but its up to Axl (and other factors) to use all that for an album. I don't know what is stopping him now. Maybe his perfectionist self attacking again.

The problem is that they all act stupid when it comes to talk about new music, except for Ron. Remember Pitman getting all pissy? "Nobody buys albums anymore", DJ lying every chance he gets, Dizzy and Richard clueless and pretending to have hope, Tommy completely uninterested, the drummer barely speaks... It's so fucked up, total silence is better.

C) Transparency.

I want them to act just a bit (ever so slightly) like every other band and give information on if there's actually an album in works... and that's Axls job whether he likes it or not... his core fan base don't take Dj seriously and we will only considering believing something if it comes from him (Axl) or if Ron says it as he actually tells the truth and if he confirms it, it means he's been told by management it's happening and he can talk about it... the rest of the guys are hopeless romatics hoping for the best and giving the rest of us false hope and pissing us off royally as the years pile on while there seems to be no discerning effort on GnRs part to make the "next best GnR record" which is "totally our no. 1 priority".