What are the reasons why you think Bumblefoot is finally deciding to leave?

Guest Gunns

Guest Gunns

Lets try and keep the reasons brief so we dont have to read a wall of text in each post,

the ones I think:

1. No substantial setlist changes within the past few years, and from the first residency to this one, hardly anything has changed.

2. Axl not playing new music live.

3. Axl not letting Ron write any material with the band, and therefore Ron feels excluded (hence his 'old leftover music ' comment in regards to the Bucket era, the man is bitter but we can empathize with him)

Guest Gunns

4. DJ Ashba being seen as second in command despite the clear lack of skill necessary for the role with him and 4tus as afterthoughts.

that's a good possibility

has it even been confirmed that he's actually going this time?

No, not yet.

Ali

Uk subs wouldn't of made a public post about it unless it has sufficient reasoning for it (please dont bring up the NGOG incident) .

4. DJ Ashba being seen as second in command despite the clear lack of skill necessary for the role with him and 4tus as afterthoughts.

That would be extremely annoying indeed, especially considering Ron's obvious talent and ability ( I'm not a fan of his music though )

I'd say the first three wouldn't be far fetched, probably #3 more than anything.

Probably sick of having no say in anything.

• Like 3

No, not yet.

Ali

Really...that incredibly insightful post needed needed your name signed at the bottom?

I would say lack of a creative outlet. You don't get as good as Ron is unless you make music your life. Being stuck in a rut sucks.

Ali

Edited by AxlisOld
  • Like 4

No, not yet.

Ali

Uk subs wouldn't of made a public post about it unless it has sufficient reasoning for it (please dont bring up the NGOG incident) .

Excuse me, but he said himself he didn't know how things were going to pan out. So, it's hardly "confirmed".

Edit: his exact words were, "I believe the source 100%!! Will it happen? How the fuck would I know? Lol "

Ali

Edited by Ali

Why can't he do both? Earn his money in touring with gnr & also doing his creative thing on his own. It's not like gnr tours all year round - I don't know his music but even if I didn't & he came to Oz I'd still want to see him as he's a nice guy & deserves recognition. Would that work for him?

No, not yet.

Ali

Excuse me, but he said himself he didn't know how things were going to pan out. So, it's hardly "confirmed".

Ali

That doesn't have to stop people from speculating since nothing new happens with this band.

Ali

The story of not getting a reply from Team Brazil cracks me the hell up, it's up there with Finck going bonkers after bashing on Axl's dressing room door repeatedly and not getting a reply. The way this band communicates is beyond comprehension.

• Like 1

No, not yet.

Ali

Ali

That doesn't have to stop people from speculating since nothing new happens with this band.

Ali

Who said it has to stop people from speculating?

The question was whether or not it was confirmed. It hasn't been yet. That's all I said and all I meant.

Ali

• Like 1

No, not yet.

Ali

Ali

Ali

Who said it has to stop people from speculating?

The question was whether or not it was confirmed. It hasn't been yet. That's all I said and all I meant.

Ali

Oh...

Ali

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

Ron's contract was up and he didn't wanna sign a multi-year extension so he he is now a free agent and will field offers from other bands like L.A. Guns.

I heard his contract was up this year, I'm guessing now was as good as time as any to reevaluate things

Lets try and keep the reasons brief so we dont have to read a wall of text in each post,

the ones I think:

1. No substantial setlist changes within the past few years, and from the first residency to this one, hardly anything has changed.

3. Axl not letting Ron write any material with the band, and therefore Ron feels excluded (hence his 'old leftover music ' comment in regards to the Bucket era, the man is bitter but we can empathize with him)

All of the above

Plus he doesn't have a chance to write for the brandname (GNR), so he doesn't get royalties

he is in for the money for a long long time (maybe from 2011 onwards)

You pretty much hit the nail on the head IMO, I can't really think of any other reasons

Or maybe he is just tired of hearing DJ try the Patience solo every night ;)

Edited by WhazUp

I'd have to believe its likely the same reason Bucket, Robin & Brain all left. Lack of production. I can't imagine any of these guys being satisfied with one release every 12/13 years. How could they? They all seem to be highly driven creators. It's over abundantly clear there is ZERO creative opportunities in GNR. Now, I'm not saying there's not music being written, and it's likely the same reason for all, but different circumstances. In Bucket and Robins case I'd believe its all the work that they did put in, only to finally figure out the vast majority would never come out.

And in Ron's case (and I fully expect Ashba and Richard to follow suit eventually) the realization that if there's already two to three albums worth of completed material Axl intends on releasing prior to anything potentially written by the current incarnation, that the likelihood of anything they may write, won't be released until after these 3 records of material are released. Then the realization that since these would have to come out first, anything he may actually write with Axl, won't possibly see the light of day until after Ron is living in a retirement home.

It has to be frustrating as well knowing anything they do write together instantly becomes Axl's to do with as he wishes. Bucket, Robin, Ron & Fortus probably have a vast amount of material they really love and believe in, but can't use it now because they wrote it with GNR. So even upon leaving, these are lost songs for them. Lost solos, lost riffs. Has to really suck. I can't imagine creating a great riff or solo that you worked very hard on, and possibly believe may be some of your best work, and know deep down nobody's ever gonna hear what you created to be head,

Of course this is all speculation. But like I said in the beginning. They couldn't possibly have signed up to create and release absolutely nothing.

• Like 3

No creative desire, no ambition, no drive, no respect for the fanbase whatsoever from this "organization". Bumble is a musician who wants to be part of something new and original. Not this shit show cover band. Also he's probably sick of pretending to be something(Gusn N' Roses) they're not. I'd imagine on some level all the guys in the band are embarrassed by this mess.

• Like 1

No creative desire, no ambition, no drive, no respect for the fanbase whatsoever from this "organization". Bumble is a musician who wants to be part of something new and original. Not this shit show cover band. Also he's probably sick of pretending to be something(Gusn N' Roses) they're not. I'd imagine on some level all the guys in the band are embarrassed by this mess.

I totally agree. I love Axl, and over the years I've always taken his side, and always defended him when my friends would dog on him. But now things are really making more sense to me. If this is the same shit Duff & Slash had to put up with as EQUAL partners, prior to them basically becoming employees, then I can totally see there point of view, whether or not they were drunk or strung out. Since those two likely never felt like they were Axls subordinates, they weren't going to tolerate the late show ups, skipping rehearsals and recording sessions, not to mention the monotonous tinkering Axl is now very well known for on recorded tracks.

Now flip the script. If Duff and Slash had no say, or very little, then what chance does Ron or Richard have in getting Axl to release the old shit, motivate him to get his ass in the studio to work with these fine hard working musicians that are chomping at the bit to write and record with him. And then, fuck, I don't know, maybe release that to? I know. Thus is all crazy talk.

I mean, if Axl wanted to overdub his overdubs, record his vocal in three different octives, that's fine in my book. He's the singer. But when you go behind a band mates back and have there parts replaced? I'm sorry, you stepped over the line. I wonder how Axl would have felt and reacted if during the final credits of Interview With A Vamlire, when Sympathy For The a Devil started to play, if he suddenly noticed some his vocal tracks had been replaced by Dave Pirner, how happy would he have been with that?

And to be in the shoes of the current band, they have to feel like they don't matter. How could they when the primary thing they want to do is not just denied them, but just completely blown off. What's that like? I wonder what even gets said. "

Axl - "Hey guys, great show tonight. After this Vegas residency is over, you guys are off the rest of the year"

DJ, Richard, Ron & Tommy all simultaneously ask - "hey you guys want to get together and start working on the new record? With all the material we have, we could have a full record ready to release by the beginning of 2015. What do you think Axl?"

Axl - "Lol, look guys, you go do whatever you want. I still have three records lined up for release that none of you played a role in writing. So while your working on new shit, make sure you learn all of Bucket and Robins parts from those."

The band - "ok Axl, so when are those going to come out? I mean there already supposed to have been out already. And when does that mean you'll record with us, and when will that material will get released"

Axl - "gee whiz guys, fuck if I know. Maybe never get released. And as far as recording, I have a lot of shit to do, so I'll get back to you on that. I have No idea when the old stuff us coming out. Whenever UMG does exactly what I tell them I guess. Here's your check. And by the way, DJ you've been docked for butchering SCOM. And don't let Ron know were talking about recording either. I want to keep him in the dark for no particular reason"

Ron - "what?"

Axl - " oh fuck! Your still here Ron?"

Ron - "Yeah"

Axl - " oh nothing man, Beta is calling me. I gotta go. I'm meeting my Zen master in my basement, I'm a couple days late, gotta go. We'll talk later bro!"

The Band - " anyone here get the feeling were never gonna write and record together?

Buckethead pops in - "hey guys, fuckin run. Get out of here. This ship sank 10 years ago. Axl is perfectly complacent with continuing to do what he's been doing. Your music is NEVER going to come out. Trust me. I'm still waiting on years of my life's work to come out of that damned vault!"

Edited by ll_tj1
  • Like 3

The story of not getting a reply from Team Brazil cracks me the hell up, it's up there with Finck going bonkers after bashing on Axl's dressing room door repeatedly and not getting a reply. The way this band communicates is beyond comprehension.

Never heard of these two incidents. Explain?