What are the reasons why you think Bumblefoot is finally deciding to leave?

Guest Gunns

the guy was probably sold a different story when he signed on for the gig. it's got to be frustrating having zero input on decisions with what the band does. no releasing of music probably doesn't help much. just a few things that come to mind.

Think there will be maybe a little interest In the opening position if he leaves? Being on the next gnr record (if it ever comes out) will sell a lot more then a lot of rock bands out there sell today don't ya think? Solely based on the gnr name.. Getting on one of those releases would be decent money in today's business?

Most of you are portraying YOUR opinions and frustrations (no record, etc etc) on to him as if it's his true feelings. I'm sure he's cashing some nice paychecks out of this deal to work 20-30 times a year so it's not like it's probably killing him as is. In the grand scope of things he still has plenty of time throughout a year to do whatever it is he wants to do and make a living.

A thread filled with speculation and there's nothing factual about any of this on the table as of yet.

Most of you are portraying YOUR opinions and frustrations (no record, etc etc) on to him as if it's his true feelings. I'm sure he's cashing some nice paychecks out of this deal to work 20-30 times a year so it's not like it's probably killing him as is. In the grand scope of things he still has plenty of time throughout a year to do whatever it is he wants to do and make a living.

A thread filled with speculation and there's nothing factual about any of this on the table as of yet.

Yet.

If he is leaving it's probably for some of the reasons above. If his contract was up this year it will have forced him to think seriously about the future especially if GnR contracts tie you in for a number of years. Also he recently lost his father -events like this often make people question the fleeting nature of life and whether you are really living the life you want.

• Like 3

And the reason is:

That tour pimp always let the groupies eat Ron's pizza. When the show is over, he has nothing else to eat, because nothing's left. That's why he's so skinny. I would leave too...

Edited by GUNNER PT
  • Like 3

IMO Ron would just plain stupid to leave Axl's band....I mean why would he voluntarly leave a good pay wage to play a few gigs a year alongside living rock legend Axl Rose and still have time to do whatever the hell he wants to do elsewhere...?

IMO Ron would just plain stupid to leave Axl's band....I mean why would he voluntarly leave a good pay wage to play a few gigs a year alongside living rock legend Axl Rose and still have time to do whatever the hell he wants to do elsewhere...?

I suppose looking from the outside in that's how it appears to us. It does seem feasible that he could easily pursue his own stuff and play for GnR. Maybe the reality is less simple. I imagine Ron got over being starstruck by Axl some time ago.

Guest Gunns

lol since when has speculation or fact got in the way of discussion on gnr forums?

I think Ron not appearing at the recent public outings which had 4tus, dj and other members of gnr as well as Ron not refuting the comments (that he has been made aware of through social media channels) adds some credence to this possibility.

But yes, lets just go with 'allegedly' for now, so why is Ron allegedly leaving then?

• Like 2

The reasons are so obvious and so numerous you don't even have to ask.

Exactly. He's been voicing his disappointment for years now, just go to any random interview with him and you will get a reason.

The question is whether there are additional reasons which he has been more careful to not voice, like perhaps coming to realize Axl doesn't care for his composing skills or that Dj has a more prominent role in the band, both live and as a future writer. Just guessing.

Guest Gunns

If I was a guitarist, I'd be pissed if I had to be in a band where one of the other guitarists couldn't handle playing the same set of songs for over 5 years.

It's probably the equivalent of a kid from Mcdonalds telling Gordon Ramsay how to make a good hamburger.

What I want to know is if this guy does leave how much is he gona be willing (or able) to tell us about his time in gnr. He's a very accessible person (it seems many have contacted him that use this site and they get responses) I'm sure its not gona be hard to get ahold of him and ask some questions of what he rly thinks about new material/album

What I want to know is if this guy does leave how much is he gona be willing (or able) to tell us about his time in gnr. He's a very accessible person (it seems many have contacted him that use this site and they get responses) I'm sure its not gona be hard to get ahold of him and ask some questions of what he rly thinks about new material/album

He will talk. No doubt.

BBF is already the one who gives us the most honest replies. When he's out of the band, I'm sure he'll open up even more.

Edited by Lethalis