How would you react if Axl said no more new albums?

Would you guys still be as active on this forum as before?

Right after the announcement, this place would be extremely funny. So yeah, I would be part of the discussion for a while. I guess the forum, at least this section, would slowly die and MY PJ FORUM would be the way to go.

We are all missing communication from this band and it would be nice if we could get some insight into the future plans of this band. When will there be a new album? Or will there be a new album at all?

But how would you react if they/Axl actually came out and said no more albums?

It would be better than all the bullshit bandmembers keep spewing now. If Axl and his employees are happy with being a glorified coverband and own up to it - fine by me. It'll be a confirmation for me not to spend a single cent on them any longer.

Basically it'd be the same situation we're in now, just more open and honest. I'd like that.

Aside from that - I still want my 6-cd 4-dvd Chinese Leftovers 1998-2008 box set.

chinese_take_out_carton.gif

Willing to pay big $$$ for it Axl and Team Complaints. Muitos dolares, sim.

Edited by username

I don't get people being disappointed. It'd basically be the same situation we're in now. The only difference would be the band being honest about it.

I'd be very disappointed, but not really surprised.

QFT.

I'd be a bit relieved too I guess, knowing that I don't have to keep on hoping.

JUST RELEASE AN EP OF CD OUTTAKES ALREADY!

EP? Are you on crack? There's supposed to be at least 3 cd's worth of this shit. And EP won't do.

chinese_take_out_carton.gif

I don't get people being disappointed. It'd basically be the same situation we're in now. The only difference would be the band being honest about it.

I'd be very disappointed, but not really surprised.

QFT.

I'd be a bit relieved too I guess, knowing that I don't have to keep on hoping.

JUST RELEASE AN EP OF CD OUTTAKES ALREADY!

EP? Are you on crack? There's supposed to be at least 3 cd's worth of this shit. And EP won't do.

An 8 track album of outtakes before an album of brand new material would be fine by me.

New Album/s is the only reason to follow the band. Ashba, touring, anything else is Zero

relevant to me.

Playing the classics WITHOUT the classic line up

Its a fkng joke!!

Use this line up to play new stuff.

It wouldn't really affect me at all because I don't really care much anymore. I love Guns N Roses in the same way I love Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd and Queen. I have all the old records and listen to them regularly for the music within said records. But I'm under no delusion that there will ever be anything more beyond that.

Now, if a reunion happens, or Axl says, new record!! Then I'll care again. But I'm happy with what I have.

I'd be the furthest thing possible from surprised.

People who still believe a new album is in the cards (outside of possibly being milked after Axl's dead) are in the same category of delusional as people who still believe a reunion will happen.

You're all your own worst enemies at this point.

I'd be like, "No shit." Nah, I'd be extremely disappointed, but on the other hand, I'd be a little bit relieved that he finally came right out and just admitted it instead of just letting the fans constantly, year after year, get their hopes up.

New Album/s is the only reason to follow the band. Ashba, touring, anything else is Zero

relevant to me.

For me, I'd say the only reason to follow GnR is old material rather than new material. I hate Ashba with every fiber in my body and the words to describe how much of a monumental asshat I feel he is haven't been invented yet. I say this with a pinch of humour, but I absolutely mean it. I'm not interested in anything he does. The only thing I'm genuinely interested in GnR wise right now is pre-2008 material. Nothing else. In a way I'll always be interested in what Axl is doing. But I can't help but feel that an album with DJ re-recording parts of a proper guitar player will only make me feel sad and thing how great things could have been. I feel that way about CD now, but with Ashba it would be x100.

Edited by username

I'd be a little sad, but it really wouldn't change my life any.

I would still see GNR live any chance I got to and hear the great music they play.

I wouldn't blame it all on Axl. It's possible this new GNR doesn't have the right chemistry to make new music together and if Axl were to release new music that he wrote then he should just make it a solo album.

For me, I'd say the only reason to follow GnR is old material rather than new material. I hate Ashba with every fiber in my body and I the words to describe how much of a monumental asshat I feel he is haven't been invented yet. I say this with a pinch of humour, but I absolutely mean it. I'm not interested in anything he does. The only thing I'm genuinely interested in GnR wise right now is pre-2008 material. Nothing else. In a way I'll always be interested in what Axl is doing. But I can't help but feel that an album with DJ re-recording parts of a proper guitar player will only make me feel sad and thing how great things could have been. I feel that way about CD now, but with Ashba it would be x100.

This, a thousand times this.

I don't mean to be a #bully, and I hate going on about Ashba but that's exactly how I feel about him too and my enthusiasm for Axl's GNR died a death the day he was announced as Finck's replacement.

I hate Ron and Frank's additions to CD as well, and hope for any old new material to be released as unmolested as possible...maybe with Ron leaving (?) he won't make it onto any CD leftover album.