Vince Neil of Motley Crue's reaction to Axl being named Greatest Singer-"#LOL"

Seriously?

Because Vince isn't as good of a singer as Axl, that means his opinion isn't relevant?

I don't think you get the point. Of course everyone with ears are allowed to criticise any singer they want to. I can do that, you can do that, Vince Meal can do that. But when you are known for being really bad at singing yourself, like Vince has become, and your criticism comes out like contemptuous bashing of someone vastly better than you and someone you have a well-known beef with, then the irony is just too overwhelming to not enjoy.

If Vince had stated in a more diplomatic manner that he disagreed with the list, I don't think people would make fun of him. A little humility goes a long way, especially in the tricky art of criticism.

This

PS

Obviously Axl is a thousand times better of a live singer than Vince Neil ever was. But the amount of talent one has doesn't regulate your ability to share your feelings on a subject.

I agree completely, but as I said, I don't think people are saying, "Vince is not allowed to criticise Axl!!! ARGH!" but "Look who's talking! :D".

Seriously?

Because Vince isn't as good of a singer as Axl, that means his opinion isn't relevant?

I don't think you get the point. Of course everyone with ears are allowed to criticise any singer they want to. I can do that, you can do that, Vince Meal can do that. But when you are known for being really bad at singing yourself, like Vince has become, and your criticism comes out like contemptuous bashing of someone vastly better than you and someone you have a well-known beef with, then the irony is just too overwhelming to not enjoy.

If Vince had stated in a more diplomatic manner that he disagreed with the list, I don't think people would make fun of him. A little humility goes a long way, especially in the tricky art of criticism.

Oh I get it. Why post it at all?

I just think it's funny the way people on here bash anybody that says something negative about Axl Rose. The things people are saying on here about Vince are way worse than what Vince said about Axl. And it's not like he said he was a better singer than Axl, and he didn't say that Axl wasn't a great singer. He just laughed at the notion that Axl was the greatest singer of all time. Which even Axl would tell you isn't the case.

People on here love it when Axl speaks out and rips people. But if anybody in the public eye says something negative about Axl........fans on here apply a different standard to those people than they do to Axl. That's what I think is silly.

And when did everybody become so sensitive? Vince Neill says "lol" about something and people get seriously offended by it? Neill isn't the one who is butthurt (there, I used it)..........people on this forum are the only ones butthurt. By a "lol" on a facebook page. That's enough to get people angry?

A washed up rocker says "lol" on a facebook page.......come on people, it isn't that big of a deal.

If Axl were to go, "Patton, the greatest singer of all time? *LOL*" then I think people would bash Axl, too, fairly. Not because they were "angry", "offended" or thought it was a "big deal", but because that what we like to do, laughing and commenting on people making asses of themselves. If anyone here is making a big deal out of anything, it is you and your continuous outrage over people having a go at Vince when he makes a fool of himself and trying to force this into your crusade against "Axl worshippers".

Nice exaggeration there. My "continuous outrage"??? So if I make a post, it's "outrage" but if somebody else makes one, full of insults and clearly upset.....

Like I've said many times, when you just have a normal conversation/debate you seem like a really nice guy. But when you fall back on your MSL type spinning, it just makes it impossible to have a normal debate.

Sure.

I'm outraged.

And Vince made a fool out of himself by using "lol" on his facebook page........even though pretty much every rock fan and singer in the world agreed with him.

Hopefully I'll be able to get over my "outrageous feelings" and Vince will somehow get over making a fool of himself.

(On a side note, if you really believe all the stuff you say then you take this stuff way too seriously).

Seriously?

I just think it's funny the way people on here bash anybody that says something negative about Axl Rose. The things people are saying on here about Vince are way worse than what Vince said about Axl. And it's not like he said he was a better singer than Axl, and he didn't say that Axl wasn't a great singer. He just laughed at the notion that Axl was the greatest singer of all time. Which even Axl would tell you isn't the case.

People on here love it when Axl speaks out and rips people. But if anybody in the public eye says something negative about Axl........fans on here apply a different standard to those people than they do to Axl. That's what I think is silly.

And when did everybody become so sensitive? Vince Neill says "lol" about something and people get seriously offended by it? Neill isn't the one who is butthurt (there, I used it)..........people on this forum are the only ones butthurt. By a "lol" on a facebook page. That's enough to get people angry?

A washed up rocker says "lol" on a facebook page.......come on people, it isn't that big of a deal.

I bash the shit out of Axl a lot.

I'm not a nutswinger, not an MSL type poster etc.

So i think you're over exaggregating this shit as fuck

stop with the tl;dr comments pls

Okay, we ge it: we shouldn't bash a basher

So just stop posting the same shit over and over in several paragraphs

PS

Obviously Axl is a thousand times better of a live singer than Vince Neil ever was. But the amount of talent one has doesn't regulate your ability to share your feelings on a subject.

I agree completely, but as I said, I don't think people are saying, "Vince is not allowed to criticise Axl!!! ARGH!" but "Look who's talking! :D".

Which is exactly what Vince did. On his facebook page. Simply posted a "lol"..........maybe that's him just having a laugh? Naw. Couldn't be.

And nobody on here is saying "look who's talking" with a smiley face. Maybe you didn't actually read the comments in here.

Seriously?

If Axl were to go, "Patton, the greatest singer of all time? *LOL*" then I think people would bash Axl, too, fairly. Not because they were "angry", "offended" or thought it was a "big deal", but because that what we like to do, laughing and commenting on people making asses of themselves. If anyone here is making a big deal out of anything, it is you and your continuous outrage over people having a go at Vince when he makes a fool of himself and trying to force this into your crusade against "Axl worshippers".

Nice exaggeration there. My "continuous outrage"??? So if I make a post, it's "outrage" but if somebody else makes one, full of insults and clearly upset.....

Funny, to me it seems like you are the only one in this thread who have been upset about something :shrugs:

Axl used to be great and one of the best, but LOL is pretty good description of his current voice. Who's Vince Neil by the way?

You'd be loving him and be saying how much you love Motley Crue if Vince had really positive words to say.

LOL, you are new here, aren't you? Or being sarcastic? I hope so :)

If not, check my posts.

Being here since 2006 is considered "new" here?

Very true that Mick has terrible health problems, but the guy still brings it onstage.

Nikki and Tommy still rock it. Vince can't sing anymore. The songs from the Crue's earlier days are too fast for him to sing now. I've seen them 3 times and each time Vince gets worse.

At least Axl can still sing and can still hit those high notes.

I understand you get older and slower, but I just think Vince thinks he's the greatest thing, so he doesn't give a shit. You watch any Crue show, Vince always puts the mic towards the audience so we can sing most of the songs.

I love the Crue's songs, but if Vince can't do it anymore, he needs to quit. Oh wait, they are! lol But yet Vince says he'll do a solo thing. OMG!

Axl used to be great and one of the best, but LOL is pretty good description of his current voice. Who's Vince Neil by the way?

You'd be loving him and be saying how much you love Motley Crue if Vince had really positive words to say.

If not, check my posts.

well, you were being sarcastic then. good. :)

If not, check my posts.

well, you were being sarcastic then. good. :)

:lol: You're a nutter.

• Like 1

Seriously?

You know what's funny? The asshole DID write a polite status in first place, where he only asked to ppl in his page if they agreed with the chart. But later he edited it, left one sentence and added the LOL.

Basically, he couldn't avoid being a jackass to Axl and now he's all over the news, thanks to his LOL.

So we should be LOLing the whole stuff.

wasted you are so right.

Vince cannot sing the early Crue songs because they are too fast for him to keep up.

He kills on the Saints of Los Angeles because the song is a slower pace. On Kickstart my heart you can't even understand what the hell he is singing anymore. Meanwhile, Mick, Tommy and Nikki still kick ass.

Vince has no right to put down Axl. Once GNR came on the scene the whole LA scene changed and the Crue were no longer the rulers of the strip. Vince has been pissed every since.

wasted you are so right.

Vince cannot sing the early Crue songs because they are too fast for him to keep up.

He kills on the Saints of Los Angeles because the song is a slower pace. On Kickstart my heart you can't even understand what the hell he is singing anymore. Meanwhile, Mick, Tommy and Nikki still kick ass.

Vince has no right to put down Axl. Once GNR came on the scene the whole LA scene changed and the Crue were no longer the rulers of the strip. Vince has been pissed every since.

Motley and Vince were NEVER the kings of the strip, go read my post a couple of pages back for reference.

Seriously?

You know what's funny? The asshole DID write a polite status in first place, where he only asked to ppl in his page if they agreed with the chart. But later he edited it, left one sentence and added the LOL.

Basically, he couldn't avoid being a jackass to Axl and now he's all over the news, thanks to his LOL.

Oh so true.

LOL is such an asshole thing to say. The guy should be tarred and feathered.

How dare he, right?

Man if somebody ever said something about me with "lol" behind it I'd have to whup their ass.

PS

When did Axl fans become so sensitive again? They worship Axl for calling Madison a lesbian cunt, but then whine and cry because another singer said "lol" about Axl.

When did Axl fans become so sensitive again? They worship Axl for calling Madison a lesbian cunt, but then whine and cry because another singer said "lol" about Axl.

Who are these people you talk about who "worship Axl for ranting on Madison" and who "whine and cry about Vince Neal dissing Axl"? Do they really exist outside your head?

Seriously?

Oh so true.

How dare he, right?

Man if somebody ever said something about me with "lol" behind it I'd have to whup their ass.

PS

I dont whine and cry. Just stating what happened and how I caught him editing his own status from good to bad.

Vince Neil is an idiot, regardless his Axl hatred. Although, we all know he uses this feud with Axl to promote himself, because himself as an artist is a joke.

I dont worship Axl for calling Madison that. All the contrary, I disapprove his ways and if I was Madison I would have taken that to the media and crucify him for gender violence and homophobia.

Who are these people you talk about who "worship Axl for ranting on Madison" and who "whine and cry about Vince Neal dissing Axl"? Do they really exist outside your head?

No. It's all made up. Specifically to give you softball pitches for your typical arrogant insults.

Thankfully, it appears it is working.

Keep up the educating, ridiculing and "winning"........it is fun to read.

But on a serious note, you aren't new here - right? This is still the same old Soulmonster (IE: MSL wannabee) who has posted for years? If so, you'd know that lots of the die-hards still praise Axl's immature rant. And, have you not read this topic and read the comments about Neil?

Dude, I'm glad that my posts cause you so much grief. It really is amusing. But how about sticking to the actual topics and not continually drag your grudges into every topic? It's much more fun to have legit discussions - even disagreements with people, than to just continuously insult people that you don't like. Just a thought.

But on a serious note, you aren't new here - right? This is still the same old Soulmonster (IE: MSL wannabee) who has posted for years? If so, you'd know that lots of the die-hards still praise Axl's immature rant. And, have you not read this topic and read the comments about Neil?

But are these the same people or have you just conveniently lumped them together to support your crazy ideas about how these "nutters" behave?

Besides, I don't see much "whining and crying" in this thread except from you :shrugs:

Seriously?

Oh so true.

How dare he, right?

PS

I dont whine and cry. Just stating what happened and how I caught him editing his own status from good to bad.

Vince Neil is an idiot, regardless his Axl hatred. Although, we all know he uses this feud with Axl to promote himself, because himself as an artist is a joke.

I dont worship Axl for calling Madison that. All the contrary, I disapprove his ways and if I was Madison I would have taken that to the media and crucify him for gender violence and homophobia.

You didn't "catch" him. He changed his message. I doubt he was trying to pull a fast one.

You think he is an idiot? Cool. I've never met the man before.

So him and Axl got into a tiff 25 years ago. You think they are still "feuding" and how do you know he is using that feud to promote himself? The Axl story was huge news, trending at the top of Yahoo. Neil didn't just pull some random thing out that happened a decade ago. He made a comment on the top rock news story of the day. And AGAIN - all he said was "lol." that really offends you? Lots worse things were said in every comment section in every publication that posted the story. Read the comments on DJ's facebook page.

He is a joke as an artist? Been in the business for 30 years, sold 75 million albums........yes, he is quite the joke.

Glad to see you don't worship Axl for his disgusting statements. That lifts you up a notch in my book.

Don't you think it's a bit funny that when Axl lashes out against another artist, people praise him for not being afraid to speak the truth or they say "that's just Axl being Axl." But when another artist says something bad about Axl, people automatically go to the "he is just jealous" or "he is just using Axl's name to promote his career."

But are these the same people or have you just conveniently lumped them together to support your crazy ideas about how these "nutters" behave?

Besides, I don't see much "whining and crying" in this thread except from you :shrugs:

Volcano? Sailaway? Gunzen? Warchild? The very fact that you act like their isn't a group of Nutters just proves the point that you like to argue with everything I say. You know there is a group that worships everything Axl does.

And what was it again that you said about the DJ mindless sheep fans? Odd that you criticize me for doing pretty much the exact same thing you are doing. :shrugs:

Again with the subtle insults. I guess I can play that game too. The only real "whining and crying" I see in this thread is you. This issue is obviously very important to you.

Seriously?

Oh so true.

How dare he, right?

PS

You didn't "catch" him. He changed his message. I doubt he was trying to pull a fast one.

You think he is an idiot? Cool. I've never met the man before.

So him and Axl got into a tiff 25 years ago. You think they are still "feuding" and how do you know he is using that feud to promote himself? The Axl story was huge news, trending at the top of Yahoo. Neil didn't just pull some random thing out that happened a decade ago. He made a comment on the top rock news story of the day. And AGAIN - all he said was "lol." that really offends you? Lots worse things were said in every comment section in every publication that posted the story. Read the comments on DJ's facebook page.

He is a joke as an artist? Been in the business for 30 years, sold 75 million albums........yes, he is quite the joke.

Glad to see you don't worship Axl for his disgusting statements. That lifts you up a notch in my book.

Don't you think it's a bit funny that when Axl lashes out against another artist, people praise him for not being afraid to speak the truth or they say "that's just Axl being Axl." But when another artist says something bad about Axl, people automatically go to the "he is just jealous" or "he is just using Axl's name to promote his career."

Groghan, I don't know Vince Neil, couldn't name one song of Motley Crue, so I really have nothing against him, but it is just plain stupid if a singer writes such a post, with the LOL at the end. You can see that, don't you ? Doesn't matter who says it, it's still lame. If a football player would do the same to the football player of the year, for example, it would be lame, wouldn't it ? It would just show you're not a good sport.