Bumblefoot Appreciation Thread

I would be gutted to see him go, but would respect his decision to leave after being in the band since 2006 and not having co-written a single note.

A few months ago Bumblefoot liked one of my wifes posts on Facebook which read: "I hope it's true what I read recently about you working on a new album, I love your music and your fans would rather have more music from you than have you in Axl's waiting room."

while i dont neccessarily feel the band needs a "virtuoso" guitar player, ron brings a lot more to the table then that. he can also really play bluesy guitar solos, he has been the best thing for the band as far as engagement with the fans in the history of the band, his drive to want to do more and create music, someone to remotely stand up to management and axl(not another yes man)and just being a regular guy not a "celebrity" musician who is an asshole.

when they played the ritz a few years back he came outside, and me and my brother arent the kind to start harassing and sucking nuts to musicians, but ron took the opportunity to come over to us and introduce himself to us. class act move and just a regular dude. it will be a shame if he leaves for many different reasons.

Buckethead, Finck, Bumblefoot... you want to get at least 3 or 4 records from guys like that. That's all I'll say. Don't know how much stuff Axl's got lying around but I hope he ain't waiting for another guy to take inspiration from their parts or cutting and pasting stuff.

I've said it a million times- Ron is one of my favorite musicians, I am glad he's in GNR, and he is a great guy

But you know what, GNR is beneath him. I say that even with GNR being my favorite band (with Zeppelin). Axl doesn't seem to want to move things forward, and Ron is so freaking talented. He has dedicated 8 years of his life to this and hasn't even had a chance to write a song. If he feels he can further his career in a better way, then I look forward to following him with his future projects.

This still sucks, though.

Pretty much sums up my sentiments

Also somebody pls ban supercool

very shitty cupcake

At one point during that show Axl asked the crowd to step back, and then Bumble kept shouting "Move forward, move forward!" :lol: I asked him about before the Serbia 2012 show and asked if he was drunk or something, and he was like, "No, I just think I was really, really... happy." :) He seemed to be having a lot of fun that night.

• Like 1

Didn't seem to think Axl would appreciate my "CALL THE NEXT ALBUM 'IRANIAN DEMOCRACY'" sign :P

fwc6.jpg

gtwe.jpg

Really friendly guy, this was an hour or so before gates opened at EXIT in Serbia, 2012 (don't know why they let me in?), just a handful of fans in front of the stage.

• Like 1

I would be gutted to see him go, but would respect his decision to leave after being in the band since 2006 and not having co-written a single note.

A few months ago Bumblefoot liked one of my wifes posts on Facebook which read: "I hope it's true what I read recently about you working on a new album, I love your music and your fans would rather have more music from you than have you in Axl's waiting room."

Yeah, i've expressed similar things to him privately, particularly after his accident. I still think it's friggin absurd that the organisation as a whole let him do permanent damage to his body by playing instead of postponing the shows.

Nice pics, Amir!

I don't like his solo music at all, but his talent is undeniable and by all accounts he is a genuinely nice dude when it comes to the fans.

His treatment of GNR and his own fans is really good to see, he is wasted in Axl's touring band.

I really think TB/etc. should have postponed some shows or let someone else temporarily fill in for BBF to let him recover after his accident. Expecting the guy to play with a shattered back was absolutely horrible.

Whether he leaves or stays, I wish Bumblefoot all the best. He's always been incredibly gracious and welcoming to fans, he's a great musician, and he really seems like a nice guy.

Edited by stella

I'll be a little sad if he really does leave, since it'll be the end of an era so to speak, but really. The dude is better off making his own music instead of dragging the same tired setlist around South America for the 20th time. Bumble is a great guy and he deserves better than to waste any more time with a band that's not moving forward with new music.

Have said multiple times - don't like his additions on ChiDem - I don't like his noodling - I don't like his guitar tone - I do appreciate how faithful he is to Slashs guitar parts, he is a good cover musician - but he's no big loss in my eyes. He talked about wanting to kill himself & has a kickstarter for his solo thing - His 'niceness' etc seems to cloud peoples opinions and forget about these things which for me are unacceptable.

Everyone entitled to their own opinion tho - for me it's

Slash/Izzy

Buckethead/Robin/Fortus

BBF/Ashba/Fortus

The suicide talk wasn't an emo thing; he talked about wanting to kill himself after he was in an accident that destroyed his back and left him with serious, lasting pain and immobility. A fair number of people with severe chronic pain sometimes feel that way. And as I recall, he talked about it AFTER he had obviously decided that it wasn't a good idea.

The suicide talk wasn't an emo thing; he talked about wanting to kill himself after he was in an accident that destroyed his back and left him with serious, lasting pain and immobility. A fair number of people with severe chronic pain sometimes feel that way. And as I recall, he talked about it AFTER he had obviously decided that it wasn't a good idea.

The context of the interview though - I hated reading that - I don't want to read that - Think of his wife?! I've had all sort of shit happen in my life, I've never thought of that, and would certainly not announce it in an interview. Just my opinion, lets not debate it, we'll all have a different opinion on it.

The context of the interview though - I hated reading that - I don't want to read that - Think of his wife?! I've had all sort of shit happen in my life, I've never thought of that, and would certainly not announce it in an interview. Just my opinion, lets not debate it, we'll all have a different opinion on it.

Of course. We all have our own opinions on things and there's no need for one person to be right or another to be wrong. I won't debate it with you, but I'd like to just leave you with one thought on it: by talking about it, Ron might have saved a life that day. Someone might have been reading this interview that was feeling exactly the same way Ron did, saw that Ron had kept going...and decided to keep going themselves. I know a few people who have been inspired not to hurt themselves by reading about others, so it might have done some good for someone with emotional need.

Of course. We all have our own opinions on things and there's no need for one person to be right or another to be wrong. I won't debate it with you, but I'd like to just leave you with one thought on it: by talking about it, Ron might have saved a life that day. Someone might have been reading this interview that was feeling exactly the same way Ron did, saw that Ron had kept going...and decided to keep going themselves. I know a few people who have been inspired not to hurt themselves by reading about others, so it might have done some good for someone with emotional need.
My last comment on it - read it again, he tried & admitted he failed. There's nothing to be inspired about by that. Anyway, let's see what happens after Vegas, if he does leave or sticks about, hopefully he clarifies it.

My last comment on it - read it again, he tried & admitted he failed. There's nothing to be inspired about by that. Anyway, let's see what happens after Vegas, if he does leave or sticks about, hopefully he clarifies it.

If he does leave, hopefully today they do some kind of "good bye", he should leave if GnR continues the pointless touring, if they start working in a new album this year, maybe he should stick around :shrugs:

Edited by NachoLZ
  • Like 1