A little more patience?

1401392494_02.jpg

Based on recent events, do you believe we should have a little more patience? At last, GNR will introduce new material?

Considering the recent statements of Axl, we can wait for leftover Chinese, but this is still not the real thing. We have not seen the creative potential of this group of people who are currently in the game.

Remix album? Why so serious? Here is a fuckin cool "Chinese Remix Album", made by a friend o'mine:

http://www.4shared.com/folder/SRlknXms/_online.html

To believe the intentions of Axl and GNR, in my opinion, we should now have at least some releases. For example:

CD / DVD Appetite for Democracy;
CD / DVD O2 London (exceptional show)
CD / DVD of this recent show where they presented TWAT, Prostitute, Yesterdays

A single with two songs (GOING DOWN final version, and a new composed by current lineup), and two official videos.

In an ideal world the band would record all the live shows and release them on cd, as Pearl Jam has done, and as Metallica does. But with the GNR would not work for a simple reason ... it's always the same show, unlike Pearl Jam.

1401538986.jpg

In the GNR world everything turns into an event, Duff playing some shows, TWAT and Yesterdays being played live ...

It's time for more faith?

Edited by auad

I think so.

I think things will go quiet for a while, but I have renewed confidence that there's finally going to be a focus behind the scenes on releasing some new music.

We'll have A4D to tide us over for a while, but I'm not expecting much else from 2014. I think the intention will be to move a lot faster than last time around, and ride some of the momentum from the first half of the year - but realistically I think that will translate to actual music playing through our speakers in 2015.

Gonna suck if this bit of momentum screeches to a halt with a hiatus and Ron leaving.

Yes. For the first time since I've been lurking/posting here, there's a really positive vibe going on. I don't think we're the hardest bunch to please actually and hope they don't go off the radar entirely and give us at least something to look forward to.

The problem is that one album in 15 years is a lot of time lost forever and it's not a normal situation, this was Axl trying to continue GNR and evolve it, not rely on the old material rather than honour the old material, it's hard to explain. He uses the GNR name to live comfortably off, which is his right but not in a sense where he's pretending to be 'active', I don't know how to convey it. He sells out stadiums because he is Axl Rose and still under the Guns name where 15% max of the audience is looking forward or there for any of the new line up or modern songs... he hasn't done what he intended to do yet reaps the benefits as if he has done so where really he's only got 1 record from a line up which isn't even there anymore... it's a fucking quagmire.

• Like 1

The problem is that one album in 15 years is a lot of time lost forever and it's not a normal situation, this was Axl trying to continue GNR and evolve it, not rely on the old material rather than honour the old material, it's hard to explain. He uses the GNR name to live comfortably off, which is his right but not in a sense where he's pretending to be 'active', I don't know how to convey it. He sells out stadiums because he is Axl Rose and still under the Guns name where 15% max of the audience is looking forward or there for any of the new line up or modern songs... he hasn't done what he intended to do yet reaps the benefits as if he has done so where really he's only got 1 record from a line up which isn't even there anymore... it's a fucking quagmire.

He did say the recording process for Chinese was a nightmare. Things didn't work so well. He tried, but it took him too long and he lost relevancy, support, and acceptance of new Guns in a wider sense.

He failed to do what he set out to do which was reach the heights of the old band, but Guns is still alive, and artistically he made the record he always wanted to make and he toured the world performing it to millions of people over years and years of supporting him live.

Now, he seems interested in releasing the rest of it, is in a good mood and even less bloated. At least there is some hope for the future.

Thats axl and duff pic looks kinda gay

He's leaning in for a kiss. :kiss: Duff seem surprised, but is considering it. Not gay at all. They're like brothers u sick fuck.

Chinese was a long hard slog especially with losing Bucket and Finck, he's had these guys for five years now, it's now or never before BBF leaves to see whether Axl can continue the evolution whilst he can still reach his peak. Four years of merry go rounds is a long time not to have contemplated a new record and bounced ideas around or tinkered with the CD era stuff, I simply cannot conceive that he just sat in his mansion watching baseball and toured without doing anything regarding music.

Depends what you mean by patience. I'm not going anywhere, but I'm back on the fucking dark side, that's for sure, especially if Ron's out, because I'll take that as indication that the band has jack shit for plans to move forward.

Depends what you mean by patience. I'm not going anywhere, but I'm back on the fucking dark side, that's for sure, especially if Ron's out, because I'll take that as indication that the band has jack shit for plans to move forward.

It's where you belong anyway.

We've gone through all of the scenarios in the last 15 years. Interviews where all of them said "album's coming out", "we're working on new songs", shows in between where we got the "new songs" played, even Axl gave a release date for CD in 2006 and look what happened.

So it's pointless to speculate that much. None of what we predicted before had any effect or actually happened on a certain date/period of time. Some say the leaks were what put CD on the shelves. I don't know.

I just hope this time they have a real marketing plan behind and execute it as it has to be done.