new live vids from vegas 2012 on GN'R's Youtube channel

Someone should post a video of Tokyo DVD sweet child I think Vegas 2012 actually wins that battle.

NOTHING beats Tokyo DVD, except for the modern quality of cameras and special effects.

Dude idk I'm a rasp lover and the intro sail away sweet sister (idk the name) is fuking crazy awesome sounding Axl vocals, but once sweet child hits it's almost cringeworthy. It's like he shot his throat with the intro and can't get anything out but this super harsh voice which does not suit sweet child at all.

Someone should post a video of Tokyo DVD sweet child I think Vegas 2012 actually wins that battle.

NOTHING beats Tokyo DVD, except for the modern quality of cameras and special effects.

Dude idk I'm a rasp lover and the intro sail away sweet sister (idk the name) is fuking crazy awesome sounding Axl vocals, but once sweet child hits it's almost cringeworthy. It's like he shot his throat with the intro and can't get anything out but this super harsh voice which does not suit sweet child at all.

Still a lot better than the Vegas version. The same raspy voice had lots of power. Axl sounds like a dying lady in the bluray version. Just my opinion, of course.

I know, but even like that, I prefer him sounding like a badass singing to the Sweet Child than sounding like a Disney character and having people laugh at him. Specially cuz the original SCOM is not sang with a Mickey voice either. Edited by tinyrobot

I don't mind mickey voice on SCOM, it allows him to sing the song with consistency.

I'm just glad that they released something promotional. Maybe Axl is starting to come around, but as others have said it's too bad he couldn't have done this during the 2006 era. A live DVD may have become an underground hit and introduced GNR to people who may have written them off as a dinosaur band.

That said I still think that Axl looks cooler on stage in this clip than he does now with the leather jackets.

What's with Axl? He starts promoting in between peeks.

-2002 with funny braids, all mickey voice, kinda fat, bottomed face and hip-hop gear - MTV Music Awards.

-2006 looking completely badass, high fashion, lean, voice in top gear - Nothing (except presenting at the MTV awards).

-2010 still looking pretty badass, Cool stage outfits, not too fat, voice PEAK condition - Nothing.

-2012-Present, Looking old, mailing it in most nights, dumb stage outfits - RIR, Live DVD, Interview with Jimmy Kimmel, Golden Gods, Budweiser Ad.

• Like 1

youtube.com/watch?v=1lKp5t1bYXs

Jesus Shit -- that's horrible.

What the hell were they thinking when they released this?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

That's absolutely terrible. And exactly the point I'm trying to make. NO band should be satisfied with this, especially not as an official release.

Fucking hell.

Guest Gunns

I just hope Better isn't a disaster

Apart from the heavy bridge, then I'm sorry to tell you but Better is very average in this performance.

Edited by Gunns

Maybe it's true. Maybe none of them re-watched the show.

I don't get it. Why would you choose this show to release?

It was planned to be released before it was filmed. Like tokyo. This could hace been rio standards and it still would have been released.

It was planned to be released before it was filmed. Like tokyo. This could hace been rio standards and it still would have been released.

This specific show? I thought they had all sorts of shows professionally filmed during the tour. Am I making that up?

This specific show? I thought they had all sorts of shows professionally filmed during the tour. Am I making that up?

Yeah but the residency ones were the only ones filmed with the 3D cameras I guess.