new live vids from vegas 2012 on GN'R's Youtube channel

I can't even find the words to express how bad this is. The Rolling Stones in their 70's have more passion on stage than Axl or Axl's band. I cringe everytime the camera is on Ashba, Tommy's backing vocals are horrendous, Pittman looks like a alien who doesn't belong there at all, and Axl.. just listen to 5m19... christ...

• Like 2

Maybe it's true. Maybe none of them re-watched the show.

I don't get it. Why would you choose this show to release?

It was planned to be released before it was filmed. Like tokyo. This could hace been rio standards and it still would have been released.
This specific show? I thought they had all sorts of shows professionally filmed during the tour. Am I making that up?

They are all filmed but the 3D and rockfuel team were brought in for this show. Possibly extra cameras too. It was the same with the london show, they had way more cameras than usual.

I don't think they could release any show in the current market.

youtube.com/watch?v=1lKp5t1bYXs

Jesus Shit -- that's horrible.

What the hell were they thinking when they released this?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

That's absolutely terrible. And exactly the point I'm trying to make. NO band should be satisfied with this, especially not as an official release.

Fucking hell.

smilie_girl_004.gif

Mind you, I think there are not too many really cool renditions of SCOM. I love the 88 Ritz one and a few more, but to me it feels like it has always been one of the weaker songs on live shows.

Edited by aranrod

I can't even find the words to express how bad this is. The Rolling Stones in their 70's have more passion on stage than Axl or Axl's band. I cringe everytime the camera is on Ashba, Tommy's backing vocals are horrendous, Pittman looks like a alien who doesn't belong there at all, and Axl.. just listen to 5m19... christ...

JESUS CHRIST PITTMAN!!!

THAT GUY BELONGS TO THE PET SHOP BOYS NOT GNR I want to :facepalm: forever :(

That's absolutely terrible. And exactly the point I'm trying to make. NO band should be satisfied with this, especially not as an official release.

Fucking hell.

smilie_girl_004.gif

Mind you, I think there are not too many really cool renditions of SCOM. I love the 88 Ritz one and a few more, but to me it feels like it has always been one of the weaker songs on live shows.

It is, but, even by 2012 standards, that was a really weak performance vocal wise.

• Like 1

Jungle was pretty damn good. The highlight is actually the mix. Rockfuel mixed the three guitars the best I've heard and Axl sounds good overall. Easily better than the Reading 2010 pro-shot of the song on both counts, which says a lot considering this is 2012 we're talking about.

You Could Be Mine isn't the worst I've heard from post-2010 Axl but it's not great either. The band sounds great and I love Frank's drumming but damn Ashba sucks. He blows the lead during the build-up to the main riff and what's with the awful tapping with his half of the main solo? Thank God Ron saves it with the second half.

Today is a holiday in Canada but I'm pumped to watch the rest on Blu-ray once Amazon places it on my doorstep.

Look, I really, really liked parts of the DVD. Some songs made me extremely happy.

But why, why, fucking why would the GnR camp upload the two absolute WORST vocal performances onto their Vevo for advertising. The mind absolutely boggles at this.

Fucking hell.

smilie_girl_004.gif

It is, but, even by 2012 standards, that was a really weak performance vocal wise.

O, yeah, I fully agree! This is horrible.

Edited by aranrod

Are you guys seeing the general public's reaction to these videos?

To sum it up:

Wtf happened to Axl?

No Slash, no GnR.

He's fat, can't sing etc.

That's what they're saying. Quite harsh.

(*) Youtube is full of teenage morons who pretend to know the old GNR line up. And know nothing about the band in general.

To sum it up:

Wtf happened to Axl?

No Slash, no GnR.

(*) Youtube is full of teenage morons who pretend to know the old GNR line up. And know nothing about the band in general.

Youtube is where general public is and there so-called morons are general public...

Without some no1 hits in near future, GNR are just a circus in general public's eye...

To sum it up:

Wtf happened to Axl?

No Slash, no GnR.

A kid like that used to post here.