What will sell more World on Fire or Appetite for Democracy?

I'll give one thing to Appetite for Democracy, the mixing seems outstanding. The editing however, while not bad, is very generic, there's absolutely no soul to it. Same goes for the directing, based on what I've seen, it's pretty poor. They needed a real director, like what Scorcese did with the Stones.

The problem with AFD is Axl's voice. It was fucking shit in 2012, probably his worst year, ever. Had it been any show from 2010, heck even 2009, it would have been an instant buy for me. Not just for the memories, but also because Axl was fucking ace back then (quite pleased with his vocals from this year as well). So I won't buy that, clearly, unless I find it for like $5.

As for the Slash album... I don't know. I like some of his past stuff, especially Snakepit (Serial Killer could have been one of the greatest GN'R hits), I really loved some of the tracks on the two previous albums, but this one doesn't feel so good. And Myles Kennedy.. fucking boring singer. No soul. Too generic. Doubt I'll buy that, but it's still a better effort than a live dvd from a disastrous year for Axl.

• Like 1

Will buy AFD for the collection and nothing else. Wouldn't touch Slash's next heaping pile of shit with a pole. Still two very shitty choices though. To answer the question, if Slash manages to halve his already pathetic sales of the last album yet again, the greatest hits shit show should have absolutely no trouble trouncing it in sales.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I can only speak for myself, but the reason I think World Of Fire will be mediocre is based on Slash's previous solo stuff. There are some songs I like from the first record, but over all I wasn't very impressed. Then came AL which was a major disappointment to me. Now that I've hard the World Of Fire single I can't say that I have high hopes of the album at all as the single is awful imo. I will still give the album and chance and listen to it once it's released, but based on his last solo records and the new single I don't have high hopes. I really hope I'll be proven wrong though.

I was given Appetite for Democracy but had I not I would've bought it myself. I wanted it mostly for the CD tracks and Estranged. I haven't watched the entire thing yet so I have yet to form an opinion on it.

one is a mediocre, generic rock album. the other is a greatest hits we all have heard a million times with really mediocre vocals. i think in the end the real loser in this is us :lol:

Well it's mid afternoon and I'm on the Internet I think we can safely say I have lost.

For me buying a blu ray of my favorite band is huge. I don't care much about solo records really.

Why are we assuming WOF will be 'medicore'? AL might have been a bit of a stinker but Slash was a superb album. If Slash recaptures the form on his first solo album, I know I will enjoy it very much.

for me it comes down to two things realy. 1) past history all of slash's post gnr albums to me have been the very definition of mediocre. contraband was a slight uptick but still nothing really great. 2) the two songs played off world on fire have been very mediocre to me.

Edited by bran

I'd prefer to watch old Youtube videos of classic Guns doing their own songs than spend money on an old Axl and hired replacements doing those same songs, so no, not buying the DVD.

Will buy WOF of course, and add it to my growing Slash CD collection.

Stay away from Live in Stoke. Slash does the exact same thing.

I'd prefer to watch old Youtube videos of classic Guns doing their own songs than spend money on an old Axl and hired replacements doing those same songs, so no, not buying the DVD.

Even Slash debut is mediocre. It's just solo songs written by Ozzy or whoever with Slash on guitar. Cool tracks but not the real deal.

Contraband is overrated. But there some great songs on there.

Even Slash debut is mediocre. It's just solo songs written by Ozzy or whoever with Slash on guitar. Cool tracks but not the real deal.

I do not understand your logic here. By the same notion, a Beatles song is merely a Lennon song, co-written by Paul, with Harrison on guitar and Ringo on drums! Sweet Child o’ Mine is merely, an Axl vocal and lyric, a Slash intro and solo, chords courtesy of Stradlin and a bassline over a drum beat! All music can be deconstructed, thus, into individual component parts. How is this a barometer of quality?

not the real deal.

I do not think it is any less 'real' than most other albums.

Personally, I believe Slash is first rate. Ghosts, By the Sword, Watch This, I Hold On are all superb. It is a pity AL did not live up to it.

I think the best albums have a soul on it. A collective spirit at least. I'm not saying slash debut is horrible it's a fun record. And I like quite a few of the songs. It's not Nevermind or AFD or Back in Black. I've have tons of CDs that aren't but at this point I personally don't need any more okay albums. But Slash is definitely one I'd check out but I'm not excited. I might just buy another six pack and throw UYI on instead. Jaded? Me? Get the fuck outta here!

I think the best albums have a soul on it.

But Contraband is all soul. It's Scott split open wide track after track. You get all sides of him back then, some twisted, some pure anger, others fighting for normalcy, some highly introspective.

I have to say his lyrics on CB are far more impressive than Axl on CD. It feels much more raw and honest throughout...

I think the best albums have a soul on it.

But Contraband is all soul. It's Scott split open wide track after track. You get all sides of him back then, some twisted, some pure anger, others fighting for normalcy, some highly introspective.

I have to say his lyrics on CB are far more impressive than Axl on CD. It feels much more raw and honest throughout...

I like Contraband but the song writing isn't that great. There's some filler but it's exciting filler. On CD the song writing is very strong but there aren't as many fast paced rockers. I don't think Slash debut is as good as CB or CD.

i think Appetite for Democracy will sell more here why the last guns n' roses music concert dvd was released in 1992 and now guns n' roses put out a brand new dvd/blu ray it something new and i think it will sell more but i could be wrong

Wrong. Slash plays mostly songs from his solo career.

Wrong. Slash plays mostly songs from his solo career.

That's a crying shame. Nobody wants to hear that shit.
  • Like 2