What will sell more World on Fire or Appetite for Democracy?

actually i believe blurays have been selling more than albums for a while now. could be wrong though.

on topic: don't care. but i agree with the poster who said slash wins just by making new music instead of releasing old songs played by different people.

Kind of hard to say. I mean, on one hand, Slash is releasing new material for his fans to enjoy. On the other hand, Guns N' Roses is releasing SOMETHING, and that's always going to be a big deal (well, for awhile anyways). Then you have to factor in all of the people who won't actually buy either, but will instead just torrent them or listen to them on Youtube or something. It's really up in the air, but if I had to say? I'd guess World on Fire. Now, if GNR was releasing actual new material (as if), then it would be harder to say, but at this point I'd have to lean toward World on Fire still.

I imagine Slash's album will sell more, but I would also say Appetite for Democracy will be the better product.

I just don't have a lot of faith in the Slash/Myles writing combo. They have done a couple of good tunes yes, but overall their songwriting is really lacking imo.

Even though Appetite for Democracy has a lot of classic songs on it, I'd still bet it is the better overall product.

• Like 1

Slash wins either way.

He is releasing new music, and Axl is paying tribute to the music Slash created (with the others) in Guns.

I did find it funny when the credits rolled on the vegas show and almost every song was credited to people who haven't been in the band since the 90's lol

I imagine Slash's album will sell more, but I would also say Appetite for Democracy will be the better product.

I just don't have a lot of faith in the Slash/Myles writing combo. They have done a couple of good tunes yes, but overall their songwriting is really lacking imo.

Even though Appetite for Democracy has a lot of classic songs on it, I'd still bet it is the better overall product.

I think Slash and Ozzy should start a band. Myles is a joke.

Edited by combos

Yeah, Slash makes money off his cd and the GNR release.

I just don't like Miles Kennedy's voice at all. But I have noticed a lot of Slash's guitar solos could pass as a GNR song.

All I know is when Slash comes to Dallas, he plays small venues. When GNR come to town, they are in bigger venues, so I still think more fans want to see Axl live.

• Like 1

Slash wins either way.

He is releasing new music, and Axl is paying tribute to the music Slash created (with the others) in Guns.

See now how am I suppose to not bash this? MODs?

Unless you are retarded, there's nothing wrong about this post.

• Like 1

Slash gets money from both. He wins.

Slash wins either way.

Are you in possession of a working brain?

Slash wins either way.

Unfortunately it's a very accurate post, I actually don't like Slash's music that much apart from a few VR tracks but the guy has moved on a lot whilst Axl hides behind the GNR name, he's a bigger target for it and he has actually got the full support of this board when his performances hit what he's capable of, even when he struggles the majority give him the benefit of the doubt, it's new music that is the main issue, his performances dip but he usually gets to a ridiculous level and the band apart from a few Ashba fuck ups has been firing on all cylinders for years in all incarnations. It's the hiding behind the old material that is the issue, so even if I dislike Slash's stuff, he is being very successful despite association with a band he's entitled to be associated with, he's moved on and producing decent material.

I think Slash and Ozzy should start a band. Myles is a joke.

Ozzy's just about had it as far as singing live and as far as I can tell creatively he's had nothing in the tank for the last decade at least.

There was a time I'd have loved to have seen/heard that combo, but it's too late for Ozzy.

Is it fair to put a dvd up against an album though? An album is normally bound to sell more than a dvd.

not these days, people are much more likely to buy a blu ray.

Appetite 4 Democracy is a double cd so it's going be like Live Era 2.

Kind of hard to say. I mean, on one hand, Slash is releasing new material for his fans to enjoy. On the other hand, Guns N' Roses is releasing SOMETHING, and that's always going to be a big deal (well, for awhile anyways). Then you have to factor in all of the people who won't actually buy either, but will instead just torrent them or listen to them on Youtube or something. It's really up in the air, but if I had to say? I'd guess World on Fire. Now, if GNR was releasing actual new material (as if), then it would be harder to say, but at this point I'd have to lean toward World on Fire still.

Yeah it's hardcore Slash fans vs. random drunk Vegas GNR fans. I feel like the blu ray is more interesting to get than just bother rock cd. If you're just a neutral consumer staggering around in Wal-mart.