What will sell more World on Fire or Appetite for Democracy?

Is it fair to put a dvd up against an album though? An album is normally bound to sell more than a dvd.

not these days, people are much more likely to buy a blu ray.

Appetite 4 Democracy is a double cd so it's going be like Live Era 2.

Kind of hard to say. I mean, on one hand, Slash is releasing new material for his fans to enjoy. On the other hand, Guns N' Roses is releasing SOMETHING, and that's always going to be a big deal (well, for awhile anyways). Then you have to factor in all of the people who won't actually buy either, but will instead just torrent them or listen to them on Youtube or something. It's really up in the air, but if I had to say? I'd guess World on Fire. Now, if GNR was releasing actual new material (as if), then it would be harder to say, but at this point I'd have to lean toward World on Fire still.

Yeah it's hardcore Slash fans vs. random drunk Vegas GNR fans. I feel like the blu ray is more interesting to get than just bother rock cd. If you're just a neutral consumer staggering around in Wal-mart.
Appetite for Democracy is not a double CD. It's not being released on CD. So, comparing the two releases is not possible.

Ali

Sales combined wouldn't even make them relavent in todays industry

I read an article saying how the artist on the top of the charts is selling 250k albums, and he's number one. It's ridiculous to think about how band used to sell something like 2 million albums just 15 years ago. Somebody needs to put a stop to this, otherwise no musician will be able to make money unless they're Bieber or Miley Cyrus.

Sales combined wouldn't even make them relavent in todays industry

I read an article saying how the artist on the top of the charts is selling 250k albums, and he's number one. It's ridiculous to think about how band used to sell something like 2 million albums just 15 years ago. Somebody needs to put a stop to this, otherwise no musician will be able to make money unless they're Bieber or Miley Cyrus.

I remember when Eminem used to sell 1 million cd's in a week. Yeesh

World on Fire will not sell and Slash will be forced to break away from the Conspiritors.

How did you arrive at that conclusion? AL did not sell but the Conspiritors continued and are releasing a third one. Slash does not obviously care about sales.

Yeah, Slash makes money off his cd and the GNR release.

I just don't like Miles Kennedy's voice at all. But I have noticed a lot of Slash's guitar solos could pass as a GNR song.

All I know is when Slash comes to Dallas, he plays small venues. When GNR come to town, they are in bigger venues, so I still think more fans want to see Axl live.

The gnr brand will always and forever be a bigger draw than any of it's components, it could be sebastian bach on vocals and nobody would give a shit as long as it's hits are played.

Is it fair to put a dvd up against an album though? An album is normally bound to sell more than a dvd.

not these days, people are much more likely to buy a blu ray.

Appetite 4 Democracy is a double cd so it's going be like Live Era 2.

Kind of hard to say. I mean, on one hand, Slash is releasing new material for his fans to enjoy. On the other hand, Guns N' Roses is releasing SOMETHING, and that's always going to be a big deal (well, for awhile anyways). Then you have to factor in all of the people who won't actually buy either, but will instead just torrent them or listen to them on Youtube or something. It's really up in the air, but if I had to say? I'd guess World on Fire. Now, if GNR was releasing actual new material (as if), then it would be harder to say, but at this point I'd have to lean toward World on Fire still.

Yeah it's hardcore Slash fans vs. random drunk Vegas GNR fans. I feel like the blu ray is more interesting to get than just bother rock cd. If you're just a neutral consumer staggering around in Wal-mart.
Appetite for Democracy is not a double CD. It's not being released on CD. So, comparing the two releases is not possible.

Ali

It says on the official site it's a 2 cd deluxe edition with a DVD?

But you can still weigh up sales. It might not produce interesting conclusions. What is more lucrative is also of interest.

Did U2s 360 blu ray make more than their album. Just wondering...

The package will be available in four formats: a standard Amaray DVD, a 3D Blu-ray DVD, a Deluxe 2CD+DVD set and digital long form. The DVD and Blu-ray components both feature the full show, along with band interviews plus a 3D photo gallery, both with 5.1 surround and stereo audio.

1. Standard Amaray DVD APPETITE FOR DEMOCRACY full show and bonus interviews

2. Standard 3D Blu-ray APPETITE FOR DEMOCRACY 3D & 2D on 1 disc

3. Deluxe CD+DVD APPETITE FOR DEMOCRACY DVD plus CD of all tracks in the show

4. Digital Long Form APPETITE FOR DEMOCRACY Full content available for digital download and via Mobile App

http://gnr3dmovie.com/

Not sure how trusty that site is.

I will get the 2 cd and DVD

and the blu ray.

How much do top-tier DVDs sell nowadays in the 1st week? As for the Slash album, well, Apocalyptic Love sold around 38k. I think it's going to sell around maybe 40-50k copies (depends on how the singles are promoted, how the album is promoted, and if the Aerosmith tour is going to attract new fans) in the 1st week. Then again, nowadays, in the internet age, big-named bands have been selling less copies on their latest releases on their 1st week than their last releases around 2010-2012. So we'll see. At the very least, I'm sure all the releases (Appetite for Democracy and World on Fire) will at least break-even (then again, I don't know how much the bands will retain on sales).

I usually buy Slash's albums, and enjoy them, but the last one was a little medicore (sans, 'Anastasia'). I do not think I will be pre-ordering the fanpack this time, but I will probably buy the standard version of World on Fire at some point in the future. Appetite for Democracy, I would not touch with a ten foot barge pole.

Even as a diehard Slash and GNR fan I haven't bought an album since Contraband. I would argue that record sales as a metric of success nowadays is pretty antiquated. Youtube views, maybe iTunes singles downloads, music streaming service popularity and concert draw are much more relevant.

Edited by Ant

I will buy Appetite for Democracy.

I won't buy World on Fire.

I don't know if I'm part of the majority ... so ...

I won't buy WOF I have enough mediocre rock albums. I know there will be some good guitar work on it though so ill give it a listen.
  • Like 1

Who wins? Both of them. They will be paid. End of story.

How poltically correct and diplomatic of you. You must feel amazing.

I won't buy WOF I have enough mediocre rock albums. I know there will be some good guitar work on it though so ill give it a listen.

I will buy World on Fire because I might like what's on it. As for Appetite for Democracy.... fuck. A tribute band doing AFDestruction songs. Wow. Nope not buying that.

• Like 1

Who wins? Both of them. They will be paid. End of story.

How poltically correct and diplomatic of you. You must feel amazing.

I will buy World on Fire because I might like what's on it. As for Appetite for Democracy.... fuck. A tribute band doing AFDestruction songs. Wow. Nope not buying that.

Still ... that "tribute band" have more fire on it, than Slash's World.

one is a mediocre, generic rock album. the other is a greatest hits we all have heard a million times with really mediocre vocals. i think in the end the real loser in this is us :lol:

Truth is that truth hurts... :shrugs:

Edited by trqster

I'd prefer to watch old Youtube videos of classic Guns doing their own songs than spend money on an old Axl and hired replacements doing those same songs, so no, not buying the DVD.

Will buy WOF of course, and add it to my growing Slash CD collection.