Video Recopilation -Axl on Fire

I now that nowadays its hard to find some crazy performances but here are a few.Ive you have in mind any pls send,

Shackler´s Revenge -London 2010 the guy in blue is Axl Rose himself,yeah the fucking rock star from the early 90s.

Perfect crime indiana 1991 not really well in vocals but that was just soooo crazy.

I remember Shackler's in london 2010 sounding REALLY powerful (both nights). you can't get it on any youtube video, but his voice had depth, rasp and it pierced through the audiance and it was phenomenal. It was fantastic. You just have to believe me. When he goes into the chorus it sends shivers. Listening back isn't nothing special, but being there was unreal.

Edited by Axl_morris

i guess going back to 2001 - 2006 is too easy, eh? I know vocally he didn't sound great on the old songs (for most people) in '01 and '02 but he still had some fire in his belly which was particularly showcased during the new songs. When he debuted The Blues at Rio '01 it's one of my favourite Axl moments ever.

But anyway, if we're only talking about the past few years, then...

4:13 into this video is the Axl Rose that I often miss.

This performance is fucking beastly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUCrHW5PfuY

And since people say he always sucks on YCBM nowadays, here's the closest he's sounded to his old self on the song since 1993:

Listen to the scream around 3:18.

and finally, another great performance of a song i wish they still played, even though the '01/'02 version (Which evader masterfully remade) is far superior because of the faster pace and Finck riff, which gave it a unique sense of energy that it now lacks.

• Like 1

Singing the verse a whole octave higher, that's crazy

The scream in the middle is amazing, + Axl's singing the verse like if he didn't give a fuck about the fact that he' singing the song in a completely different way

One of the best renditions of this song, I've only seen a few videos where Axl shows this level of control on his own voice. The second chorus is brilliant

perhaps one of the best TIL

Edited by BreakDown2014

What's so crazy about the 2010 video?

Watch the chourus,i haven seen a SR like this never,he sing the chorus with a powerfull voice.EPIC.

yeah maybe that too,but its true that is not normal sr to be singed like this.

most of 2010 performances have the same power, I think SR was always one of the best songs on the setlist everytime they played it, it is perfect to show what 2010 Axl was able to do

Singing the verse a whole octave higher, that's crazy

The scream in the middle is amazing, + Axl's singing the verse like if he didn't give a fuck about the fact that he' singing the song in a completely different way

One of the best renditions of this song, I've only seen a few videos where Axl shows this level of control on his own voice. The second chorus is brilliant

perhaps one of the best TIL

OMG that Nightrain performance, amazing. What can we do to make that voice return? fuckk

and finally, another great performance of a song i wish they still played, even though the '01/'02 version (Which evader masterfully remade) is far superior because of the faster pace and Finck riff, which gave it a unique sense of energy that it now lacks.

I'm sorry, but that performance was awful minus the screams at the end.

Where can one find that?

Love this thread. I think the reason I find his current vocals so difficult to accept is because when I hear vocals like Nice Boys and SR at the O2 2010, it still gives me goosebumps. The charisma, accompanied by those screams and rasp, I defy anyone to argue against him being the best front man of all time. Its mesmerising watching him and thrilling hearing him on that level of form.

I'd love a decent soundboard or pay good money for a professional release of the 2010 O2 shows. I was there and remember thinking how the sky was the limit for the band at that point. Such a brilliant night of performances all round.

• Like 1

Where can one find that?

PM the forum member evader. :)

I'm sorry, but that performance was awful minus the screams at the end.

i like it because the vocals remind me of the '01/02 version which i'll always have a soft spot for. i know not everybody likes the clean helium voice but i always thought it worked splendidly on The Blues.

axl also looked like a boss at osaka '09... no hats, no stuffy leather jackets, just rock star clothing and his old '90s style. i don't know why he literally only dressed like that for like one show and then dropped the look, he looked way better with the bandanas and plaid shirts etc.