VIDEO: Axl WANTING to take photos with fans! "Beta, we are going to do this"

Guest Gunns

Both are right and both have good reason to act how they acted. Greeting the fans is very nice of Axl but Beta has to worry about trying to be on time on the concert. Nothing wrong or weird about that.

However, it looks like Axl is hitting the teen years with the typical rebelling attitude. Soon, he will be ready to leave the nest.

However, it looks like Axl is hitting the teen years with the typical rebelling attitude. Soon, he will be ready to leave the

nest.

You could be write ;) Edited by JoGer99

Why don't they just hire someone that can be the picture taker,to be in their group,that can be available just for these situations?

Somebody that knows what they are doing and how different types of electronics works

Edited by SweetRose

When I watched the video, to me it sounded like they had had a conversation about situations like this coming up (or similar situations), maybe where Axl was taking too much time with fans and that was making him late, something like that...

I dunno, from the way Axl is speaking to her, it just doesn't seem like the first time he's had to do this.

In the heyday that GNR had back in the late 80s and early 90's before they got huge.. Axl was aman of the people.. common everyday joe who made good on his dream... he created his own cult of personality that had nothing to do with his music or his band. This whole Howard Hughs -living like a hermit serves a purpose to a degree but the hard kick to the gut is this: He has to engage the public for who he is now if he is going to stay remotely relevant and not slip into Has been used to be status..

I find here completely machiavellian and straight out the pages of Suetonius and Tacitus - Beta is Sejanus to Axl’s Tiberius. Beta knows that her own power resides in, keeping Axl isolated and incapable of independent action.

In the heyday that GNR had back in the late 80s and early 90's before they got huge.. Axl was aman of the people.. common everyday joe who made good on his dream... he created his own cult of personality that had nothing to do with his music or his band. This whole Howard Hughs -living like a hermit serves a purpose to a degree but the hard kick to the gut is this: He has to engage the public for who he is now if he is going to stay remotely relevant and not slip into Has been used to be status..

I don't think you could ever say he was normal but a lot of people could identify with him being hassled.

The problem is having people you call friends & confidants on a payroll, it's part of what Entourage went into.

He was never a Howard Hughes, he just became good at living under the radar when he wanted to.

When he wants to "appear", he appears.

Lots of people getting on Axl's ass about telling his "manager" that we are doing this, and that he is being childish about it. I don't see it.

But these same people will bitch if he doesn't do it. For fucks sake folks!!

This little photo op is something HE wanted to do and she wasn't going to stop him, he told her to just manage it, which she is suppose to do.

As far as being on time for the show hell it is bright daylight outside, I really don't think Axl was going to be on stage for 8 hours or more.

I really wish Axl would cut ties with TB and go with a really management team.

But to do so he would have loosen up a lot and by that I mean open to new things, get serious about getting the old CD stuff out or new material from the band he has now.

As BBF said I wish he would just bundle all the CD stuff together and sell it in a box set and the only reason he would do it is to satisfy the hardcore fans.

I think this lineup has really been cemented in peoples minds that go to the shows that GNR is this bunch of guys and that is what they want to see from a Nu GNR stand point.

I know the casual and alot of hardcore fans want a reunion but it doesn't look any better for it than it did 10+ years ago, I never say never but this is one of the .001111% chance sort of things and even if they did reunite I don't think there is a huge market for it, not because of what this or that person done at most it might sell 10% better per show than they do now.

Most on this forum that are holding there breathe for a reunion think it would be like 92 again and they would be on top of the world and RNR pile but the demand isn't there. If they put out a new album just after the tour started it would be doomed must like CD because neither album would live up to the hype.

The thing in in this case they weren't going to be any later regardless. There was what? 4 or 5 girls wanting pictures. Big fucking deal. Get it done and go. Bitching and complaining about it is ridiculous. If it was a mob of people I'd understand beta's side of this but it was barely even a handful of people. Chose your battles and this wasn't one of them because the time it took was in essence irrelevant. It made no difference whatsoever to anything.

• 8 months later...

Sorry if this is old, I just found this little video from last tour. It shows Axl meeting some fans, and Beta trying to cut them off. Axl does not allow her too, and twice tells her he is giving attention to his fans whether she wants him to or not. When we talk about GNR not building a good relationship with fans, it might not really be Axl's doing.

She seems like an intelligent women, taking control over ur Ex Employers BF/Fiancé is not an easy job, from being a Nanny, now she is the "Mother/Caretaker" of a man who is rolling in wealth, so is she intelligent or Axl is a fool?

That video has been discussed here before and it has been pointed by someone that it seems that they were late. So yeah, it's easy for Axl to do that and paint Beta as a prick. Perhaps they were fighting and he did that just to annoy her? Who knows their dynamics...