VIDEO: Axl WANTING to take photos with fans! "Beta, we are going to do this"

Guest Gunns

Jesus. If there was any remaining doubt that Beta hates GNR fans. She's just the worst.

When I met her she was very nice. Axl was not present though.

Whenever I see footage of her, I dislike her, but apparently everyone who meets her thinks she's really nice, so I don't know :shrugs: Of course, her job is to get him everywhere on time and I imagine that's not the easiest task. If he'd arrived too late for his show because of this, other fans would be complaining about disrespecting the fans who have been waiting at the venue for hours. It's a balancing act.

In case someone missed this little detail, Beta was talking in Spanish with the fans. It´s not that she didn´t want to take the pics it´s that she didn´t know how to use the cameras or some camera wasn´t working. Plus they seemed to be in a hurry even though Axl was nice enough to stop and have pics taken with the fans.

In case someone missed this little detail, Beta was talking in Spanish with the fans. It´s not that she didn´t want to take the pics it´s that she didn´t know how to use the cameras or some camera wasn´t working. Plus they seemed to be in a hurry even though Axl was nice enough to stop and have pics taken with the fans.

Yeah but its the mannor in how they spoke to each other.

its kinda weird, but Axl's tone and demeanor remind me a lot of Michael Jackson's ways.... like very short imperative phrases. Also his rehearsed stances (not smiling when being photographed, always having the same posture), etc. Anyways, very cool of Axl to treat his fans this way.

Yeah, it's the first thing I thought of as well. His mimics are quite similar, bit odd really.

Beta is like a nagging mother! Glad Axl said it wanted to do it.

That's exactly what I would have done, taken the picture with Axl and hugged and kissed him a thank you.

very cool. I understand that many times you can't stop to chat with fans or take a picture with them, but sometimes it's nice to do it.

I think it's just a case of Beta being the bad guy by having to take Axl away from the fans because they are in a rush, it looks better than Axl telling the fans to leave him alone.

I imagine when Axl gets surrounded by people that this is the typical response from Beta and what Axl said in the video is his way of saying "it's alright I don't mind this one"

Keeps Axl image good when he's the good guy and Beta is the bad one. His image is more important than hers in terms of the media.

Saw the vid a while back and was left with the feeling of having axls hands around my neck putting myself in betas shoes. That tone he used, I've heard it before personally. No not from axl but any woman who has been with an uber controller it just hits you in the gut.

Honestly, beta is one hell of a brave woman to say "whatever" back to ax man. I would have been dreading whatever came behind closed doors...solely based on the could be true or false domestic violence past with other women.

Hate to be such a wimp here but if I were in her position I'd "obey" the man to the letter. Would be totally submissive. Axls a pretty intimidating guy to me. I've noticed he has a certain calmness but its what makes me nervous.

I'm team beta here irregardless here...

Lol brave woman!

**on mobile! For the grammar police :)

Jesus. If there was any remaining doubt that Beta hates GNR fans. She's just the worst.

When I met her she was very nice. Axl was not present though.

Same here, maybe she goes to the after party to relax & chat with people not involved in the music business. Imagine having to spend so much time together for over 20yrs both in a living & working relationship. At least Fernando & Vanessa have their own homes away from Beta & Axl so they get a break, pity the camera didn't keep rolling though. Someone who filmed the footage in Switzerland told me Axl told the security guards to back away so he could spend that much time with fans before getting on the bus to leave & he really does seem to be enjoying the company of fans.

Saw the vid a while back and was left with the feeling of having axls hands around my neck putting myself in betas shoes. That tone he used, I've heard it before personally. No not from axl but any woman who has been with an uber controller it just hits you in the gut.

Honestly, beta is one hell of a brave woman to say "whatever" back to ax man.

Interesting observation, I also felt some kinda control angle when he said that but her reply was of acceptance but not meekly surrendering. So much psychology in a tiny exchange lol.

Honestly, beta is one hell of a brave woman to say "whatever" back to ax man.

Interesting observation, I also felt some kinda control angle when he said that but her reply was of acceptance but not meekly surrendering. So much psychology in a tiny exchange lol.

You hit the nail on the head literally. :lol:

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

Next Time I hear Axl say "beta, we are going to do this" I hope it's on the context of releasing a new album!

• Like 4

I am sure that any relationship where you spend long periods of time constantly on the road under pressure from gig to gig can cause some stressful moments and periods of frustration. It wouldn't suprise me if Beta's "firing" was a heated moment that got cooled down after some time has passed, same with the obvoious moment of frustration in this video

That being said overall even though Beta may be nice in person according to a lot of folks, I have found her online social media presence to not portray the most professional picture of GNR management

I have always thought that the Axl/Beta thing was a gift and a curse. I think Beta helped Axl through some extremely rough times in his life, but (and I hate to say this) I do think she had an financial interest in him keeping his sanity. Which I think over the years those closets to axl (not just beta) have done their best to shield him from outside interests (old friends, new friends ect...).

I could very easily see axl having ideas such as meeting up with old friends or having plans for other things and the people who surround axl talking him out of it, for their own interests.

But having said all of that I do not think we would've gotten Chinese democracy or the Blu Ray without Beta being involved. But I would be an idiot to think for a second that she helped move those releases along for us (the fans). I think she sees the finances and knows that the afd, uyi, ect... royalties aren't what they used to be and she knows what needs to be done to assure that she will have a job.

I have always thought that the Axl/Beta thing was a gift and a curse. I think Beta helped Axl through some extremely rough times in his life, but (and I hate to say this) I do think she had an financial interest in him keeping his sanity. Which I think over the years those closets to axl (not just beta) have done their best to shield him from outside interests (old friends, new friends ect...).

I could very easily see axl having ideas such as meeting up with old friends or having plans for other things and the people who surround axl talking him out of it, for their own interests.

But having said all of that I do not think we would've gotten Chinese democracy or the Blu Ray without Beta being involved. But I would be an idiot to think for a second that she helped move those releases along for us (the fans). I think she sees the finances and knows that the afd, uyi, ect... royalties aren't what they used to be and she knows what needs to be done to assure that she will have a job.

Not sure I agree, I think she genuinely always liked Axl over Stephanie so when asked to work for him she took it. She would have enough money now to stop & be secure for the rest of her life. As far as shielding him from old friends etc is that speculation or has that come from someone "in the know"? We all assume so many things that go on with Axl's life but we know very little. When not working he doesn't seem short of a social life from the photos online, surely things like the photos of him kissing the young girl that caused an uproar she would have made sure didn't get online if she had total control over him like we think.

I'm pretty sure he does actualy fire Beta in that video , right at the end Axl says.....

" find me someone else . Release Beta "

Seems like Axl might be taking some control back.

Edited by phaseONE