Aerosmith’s Joey Kramer Says Band Is Excited to Tour with Slash, "the Last of the Iconic Guitar Players"

Aerosmith is ready to let rock rule throughout the summer! The rock legends kick off the North American leg of their Let Rock Rule World Tour, with special guest Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators, tonight in Wantagh, New York. The 20-date trek is mapped out through a September 12 show in the Canadian city of Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Aerosmith drummer Joey Kramer tells ABC News Radio that he and his band mates are very excited to have the former Guns N’ Roses guitarist take part in the outing. “We’ve wanted to have Slash come and play with us for a long, long time, since the Guns N’ Roses days,” he declares. “And Slash is one of the few guys out there, in my opinion, who’s what I would call the last of the iconic guitar players, who’s playing really says and means anything.”

Back in April, Slash joined Aerosmith to perform a few tunes at a press event announcing the tour, so it’s only natural that fans might expect similar onstage collaborations to take place during the trek. Says Kramer, “One of the things I love about being in this band is that you never know what to expect, and that’s part of the fun. But I’m sure that you’ll see [slash] on stage with us for more than one or two nights.”

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2014/07/10/aerosmiths-joey-kramer-says-band-is-excited-to-tour-with-slash-the-last-of-the-iconic-guitar-players/

Too bad neither of the bands on that tour have an Iconic singer. Guitar players are NOT as important, sorry, they just aren't Brian May is awesome but that would not pull me to that show, nor would Slash's sedentary guitar playing.

Too bad neither of the bands on that tour have an Iconic singer. Guitar players are NOT as important, sorry, they just aren't Brian May is awesome but that would not pull me to that show, nor would Slash's sedentary guitar playing.

oh my lord hahahahah

• Like 3

“Slash is one of the few guys out there, in my opinion, who’s what I would call the last of the iconic guitar players, who’s playing really says and means anything.”

Is this a professional opinion or a comment on a Slash video on youtube, I really can't tell

Lol Steven Tyler not an iconic singer?

He is the last one, not the last great one imo but Iconic, yes...

Definitely the last guitar ICON.

Guitar players are just as important to the MUSIC though because without great songs? There's nothing to write your vocals to.

sorry, wut? :monkey:

Okay, with guitar legends Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck and Yngwie still playing, I don't think Slash would be the last of the great guitar players.

yeah, Slash is good, but there are many guitar players still performing that are better. Mick Mars is one too. The 2 guitar players from Iron Maiden and from Judas Priest and what about AC/DC?

Still many iconic guitar players that are still rockin it besides Slash and they are older than him.

Trolling.

Synester Gates of A7X is an incredible guitar player. I dont even think he's hit his prime.

I don't think of that too..

He's got great skills, but he is wasting his talent with that soft metal band (i know the money is fucking good, and the A7X guys are cool now, but let's honest)

Edited by Crash Diet

Okay, with guitar legends Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck and Yngwie still playing, I don't think Slash would be the last of the great guitar players.

yeah, Slash is good, but there are many guitar players still performing that are better. Mick Mars is one too. The 2 guitar players from Iron Maiden and from Judas Priest and what about AC/DC?

Still many iconic guitar players that are still rockin it besides Slash and they are older than him.

That's true about all those players still being alive. When I say "Last of the..." I mean that he's the last one to come along, not the last one living.

You should go tell Joe Perry this since it bugs you so much

• Like 2