DJ - So good he can play without moving his hands......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZY03tEIDKA#t=61

I apologise if you eagle eyed guys have already picked this up, but I couldn't find any mention of it. I need to clarify something I just saw. In this video, DJ starts playing the intro around 0:34. But then at 0:45, he is playing an upstroke chord and giving the finger (so badass), but the intro is still playing!!??!! Then at 0:50, he is 'playing' the intro again. I thought Richard or Bumble may have been playing it, but both of them are shown doing nothing while the intro is playing. Somebody please tell me I am wrong, and GN'R are not using over dubbed backing tracks??

The video is buffering for too long so I'll check out my BluRay when I get home.

I did find this comment funny:

"+Totem Daim why do you keep refering too axl's current body??? that is kinda odd. did u have a hard on for him in the 90's??? is that why u are so upset? you find it harder too masterbate too or something??? fag"

• Like 2

Bad editing. On the screen you can see BBF on the big screen using the fretless (whe DJ flips the bird) and then points his guitar towards a camera, then it switches back to him using the fretted part. Then you see later in the video at 3:38 he does the same exact thing as the video screen (pointing guitar towards camera)

That's a later part of the song or show put in cause the bit before that cut you see Ashba picking the right way in the distance. He is an alright player so he wouldn't need any trickery to play that part, at least he doesn't mime his playing even though sometimes he screws up badly at least he plays the instrument reasonably well most of the time compared to a lot of bands making money with far shitter guitarists and offerings than dj.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of DJ at all but come on, just accept him or let the band go, all this bashing is unecessary.

As for your concerns, this seems to be due to video editing. But it could be so many things like DJ playing the intro riff once and then his tech activating a looper to keep looping the same riff over and over (that's what loopers do, guitar players use it more and more nowadays).

DJ is in Guns N' Roses because Axl thinks he belongs there. If you don't agree than what can the band do? It's uncool to keep bashing other people for no reason, DJ is a professional guitar player and if you don't like him than that's cool, just don't listen to him.

I myself am not so much into what currently my heroes (original GN'R) are doing, I don't like so much of Slash's latest solo albuns or new GN'R CD or whatever Izzy has done, Steven or even Matt solo album so at the moment I'm just hoping for brighter days; still why would I come here and bash them??

Let's stop this DJ Ashba bashing / bullying...

Edited by Klay
  • Like 1

DJ sucks. I don't even want Slash back in the band because he sucks too. But DJ is a shit player and a poser. Replacing Robin Finck with this Hot Topic idiot, in my opinion, was a mistake. But it's Axl's band--if he wants to hear "Sweet Child" wildly fucked up before he starts singing, he's allowed. What do I know?

Somebody tell Axl that DJ is in a band with Nikki who is in a band with Vince Neil. Has this been kept from Axl? Maybe. Somebody slip him a note. It could work.

I don't care much about the guy's activities, attitude and offerings outside of GNR at all, nor does he care about mine, I only care about what he brings to something I care about, which is Guns N' Roses and his outside carnival seems to affect his own adequate (no more or less) performances and his stupid advertising and associations... another guitarist with less cornball gimmicks and try too hard to be so cool clamoring and better ability on the instrument would improve things massively but the guy can play the songs to an adequate degree, so ofc the hate congruent to his playing is not wholly justified, he's neither great nor shit, but average with some major screw ups shouldn't really be the pedigree of a Guns guitarist.

On a new record if he writes a few solos and is just a part of the songwriting since Sixx:am is terrible on the whole for me and his solo albums are okay, he has potential as a part of everything. His solo sections are decent but I fear he is far more limited than Fortus and Finck were and ofc aeons behind Slash, Bucket and BBF. We have been spoilt with musicians in GNR, Axl hasn't done very much with the other guys and DJ seems here for the long run which is unfortunate in the big picture but he's not the worst player in the world, just not the best guy to have as a mainstay but what the hell.

If he practiced often to improve due to his other guitarists outshining the hell out of him despite his popularity he could grow into the role and be accepted more but he won't and we all know it. All that enthusiasm is projected incorrectly but he's successful and Axl hired him so maybe we're all incorrect who knows how the mysteries work.

The video is buffering for too long so I'll check out my BluRay when I get home.

I did find this comment funny:

"+Totem Daim why do you keep refering too axl's current body??? that is kinda odd. did u have a hard on for him in the 90's??? is that why u are so upset? you find it harder too masterbate too or something??? fag"

yeah the comment wars are hilarious