Islamic State claims it executed American photojournalist James Foley

Ace Nova

I just read a few articles regarding James Foley. One was of a journalist who had known him, he'd worked with him a couple of years ago to free other journalists. He seemed relentless in his job (he became a journalist after having been a teacher) and in trying to free others. Filmed the dire circumstances in Syrian hospitals, raised funds for better medical care... Seems to me he was well aware of the danger he was in or could find himself in. I think he was even abducted once before, a couple of years ago. That doesn't make it less horrific though.

The other one was an open letter from another journalist, directed towards him, saying how awful it must have been for him, that the last words he spoke, were words he was obliged to say, in which he had to condemn the US and even his brother, as a US soldier. That really struck a nerve. Imagine that, not having seen your family for years, knowing that you will die and then having to say those words, another person's words instead of your own, the words of your captors and killers. Knowing that that is the last your parents, brother, family and friends, the world will see and hear from you. It's just beyond words.

It truly is sad. Why give in if you know getting your head cut off is your fate? Do you think he was threatened to have his pecker cut off (a-la Game of Thrones) or something if he didn't recite those words? Obviously I could never understand so I'm not judging.

I just read a few articles regarding James Foley. One was of a journalist who had known him, he'd worked with him a couple of years ago to free other journalists. He seemed relentless in his job (he became a journalist after having been a teacher) and in trying to free others. Filmed the dire circumstances in Syrian hospitals, raised funds for better medical care... Seems to me he was well aware of the danger he was in or could find himself in. I think he was even abducted once before, a couple of years ago. That doesn't make it less horrific though.

The other one was an open letter from another journalist, directed towards him, saying how awful it must have been for him, that the last words he spoke, were words he was obliged to say, in which he had to condemn the US and even his brother, as a US soldier. That really struck a nerve. Imagine that, not having seen your family for years, knowing that you will die and then having to say those words, another person's words instead of your own, the words of your captors and killers. Knowing that that is the last your parents, brother, family and friends, the world will see and hear from you. It's just beyond words.

It truly is sad. Why give in if you know getting your head cut off is your fate? Do you think he was threatened to have his pecker cut off (a-la Game of Thrones) or something if he didn't recite those words? Obviously I could never understand so I'm not judging.

Probably, the procedure had been practiced a few times before, so he didn't know he was going to die until the piece of shit start cutting his throat. I think that I recall something about that sorry sack of shit, Khalid Shiek Mohhammed confessing to using that practice on Daniel Pearl.

Probably, the procedure had been practiced a few times before, so he didn't know he was going to die until the piece of shit start cutting his throat. I think that I recall something about that sorry sack of shit, Khalid Shiek Mohhammed confessing to using that practice on Daniel Pearl.

Yes, that could be it. I was wondering that too, why he did. Maybe he didn't think he was going to die that precise moment. Maybe he kept on hoping. That practice, what a horrible form of torture.

I haven't and won't see the video, but apparently you could see he didn't really mean those words, but he also said something to the effect of wishing he had more time ? And that did seem genuine. At least he got to say something real. Again, I'm basing this on an article, as I haven't seen the video.

Yes, that could be it. I was wondering that too, why he did. Maybe he didn't think he was going to die that precise moment. Maybe he kept on hoping. That practice, what a horrible form of torture.

I haven't and won't see the video, but apparently you could see he didn't really mean those words, but he also said something to the effect of wishing he had more time ? And that did seem genuine. At least he got to say something real. Again, I'm basing this on an article, as I haven't seen the video.

The video is disturbing. I wished that I hadn't watched it.

• Like 1

It seems to me that everytime the US feels it can leave the Middle East, another terrorist group like ISIS comes along and starts another war.

If the US and it's allies don't stop these groups for good, they will never stop and another attack on US soil is imminent. If that happens, then President Obama will have failed like all the rest.

We need a President and Secretary of Defense that will make a threat and carry it out. All they say is we need to keep on eye on this group. Are you fuckin kidding me? They have beheaded someone and have no remorse and continue to fuel the war in Iraq. We need to do something that will make everyone stop and think about screwing with the US again. So far it hasn't been done by Obama.

It seems to me that everytime the US feels it can leave the Middle East, another terrorist group like ISIS comes along and starts another war.

If the US and it's allies don't stop these groups for good, they will never stop and another attack on US soil is imminent. If that happens, then President Obama will have failed like all the rest.

We need a President and Secretary of Defense that will make a threat and carry it out. All they say is we need to keep on eye on this group. Are you fuckin kidding me? They have beheaded someone and have no remorse and continue to fuel the war in Iraq. We need to do something that will make everyone stop and think about screwing with the US again. So far it hasn't been done by Obama.

Ehh, you invaded Iraq and created such a vacuum for ISIS to move in. You should not have invaded Iraq in the first place.

• Like 1

Ehh, you invaded Iraq and created such a vacuum for ISIS to move in. You should not have invaded Iraq in the first place.

This.

I personally think the US government owes the Iraqi people for destroying their country and this is Iraq we are talking about. It wasn't sunshine and rainbows but the Iraqi people enjoyed some liberty. Sure they were oppressed but better to have one dictator than have thousands of mass murderers ruling over you. Saddam was put in a place where he was in control. The Kurds were able to function on their own without interference, the Shiites in the south as well. It was stupid to get rid of Saddam. All he was is an easy target. A military victory in Iraq was like shooting fish in a barrel. Iraq's army was weak, military intelligence knew where they were positioned, and the regime was infiltrated by CIA. For some reason they either ignored the advice from the people who did actual research on the different ethnicity and religious groups and sects in Iraq or they just figured everybody wants to be free and wave American flags.

It is the most shameful political incident in US history since the Teapot Dome Scandal. As for the tax payers, fuck them. The war had popular support, they should own up to it.

• Like 1

29nduti.jpg

Most modern day interpretations of religions....including Islam, call for peace. It's the idiots with their own agendas that kill for it. Stereotyping and grouping all religion with such an ignorant statement is obtuse, to say the least.

Speaking of peaceful religions, you never replied to my post.

It does.

It's about respecting the Sabbath. That law was given so that mankind could get a day off.

Yes, and according to the bible, if you disrespect the Sabbath by working on a Sunday, you should die. I don't see how you can interpret that passage in any other way, but if you can, I would love to get an explanation of how you interpret it.

Yes, and according to the bible, if you disrespect the Sabbath by working on a Sunday, you should die. I don't see how you can interpret that passage in any other way, but if you can, I would love to get an explanation of how you interpret it.

Sorry bud, I missed it.

The answer you seek is actually extremely long and detailed. I'll try to simplify it the best I can. Humans, in the Biblical times (Old Testament), were a step above animals. They could be very violent, aggressive people....and had nowhere near the intelligence, insight or wisdom people nowadays have. So the Old Testament in general, dealt with those type of people. If you wanted something done, you would threaten people's lives. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth mentality.

As man evolved, (The New Testament), so did God's laws. That's pretty much it.

Obviously, nowadays, you won't be put to a physical death by disobeying the Sabbath.

Edited by Kasanova King

Sorry bud, I missed it.

The answer you seek is actually extremely long and detailed. I'll try to simplify it the best I can. Humans, in the Biblical times (Old Testament), were a step above animals. They could be very violent, aggressive people....and had nowhere near the intelligence, insight or wisdom people nowadays have. The average lifespan was less than 40 years. So the Old Testament in general, dealt with those type of people. If you wanted something done, you would threaten people's lives. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth mentality.

Obviously, nowadays, you won't be put to a physical death by disobeying the Sabbath.

The Bible is a book of its time and should be read that way imo.

• Like 1

Sorry bud, I missed it.

The answer you seek is actually extremely long and detailed. I'll try to simplify it the best I can. Humans, in the Biblical times (Old Testament), were a step above animals. They could be very violent, aggressive people....and had nowhere near the intelligence, insight or wisdom people nowadays have. So the Old Testament in general, dealt with those type of people. If you wanted something done, you would threaten people's lives. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth mentality.

Meaning that the Old Testament is no longer relevant?