Photography

downzy

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I dont know shit except what movies told me where the cowboys gotta break em in and stick em in a corral and throw saddles on em and all that cool shit!

they do that here. they actually have this thing where prisoners get to break them, make them into horses people can ride. and then there are auctions where you can buy a horse that was once wild. people all around me have horses they have bought from auction. 

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

they do that here. they actually have this thing where prisoners get to break them, make them into horses people can ride. and then there are auctions where you can buy a horse that was once wild. people all around me have horses they have bought from auction. 

So its like government land that they're on?  Or can anyone like...take one?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

it's government land. idk if anyone has ever just taken one, i'd think it would be pretty difficult as you'd have to catch one and then get it into the horse trailer you'd need! :lol:

Oh so theyre not free for anyone to take?  Awww.  Thats so cool though!  Proper wild horses right behind your house.  Are there any like...huge fucking rambling monument valley type areas near you?  Im gonna interrogate you to death over this shit now :lol:

To think an entire nation of Indians once roamed all over there.  

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

lol it's ok. they are very fascinating! yeah there are places like that. they are spread over a wide area. it pisses me off though because some idiots don't like them and are trying to move them. but the people who love these horses and want them to stay ( like me ) are quite vocal and we have managed thus far to keep them here.

i'm not sure how much they cost at auction but i don't think it's overly much. are you going to come and try to get one?? that would be an interesting plane ride back w/the horse! :D

Why do their leaflet covers all look like they're 'Now Thats What I Call Music' albums? :lol:

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

lol it's ok. they are very fascinating! yeah there are places like that. they are spread over a wide area. it pisses me off though because some idiots don't like them and are trying to move them. but the people who love these horses and want them to stay ( like me ) are quite vocal and we have managed thus far to keep them here.

i'm not sure how much they cost at auction but i don't think it's overly much. are you going to come and try to get one?? that would be an interesting plane ride back w/the horse! :D

Nah i cant even ride a fuckin' horse, i just have an encyclopedic obssession with westerns :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Why do their leaflet covers all look like they're 'Now Thats What I Call Music' albums? :lol:

Nah i cant even ride a fuckin' horse, i just have an encyclopedic obssession with westerns :lol:

i can relate. i love westerns. i am looking forward to the Magnificent 7 remake :)

5 hours ago, PappyTron said:

II was actually going to ask you whether you have corrected colours etc in any software, and that you haven't is doubly awesome. I really like the framing of the pictures too; definitely look like something you'd see in a glossy magazine or a still from a documentary. I literally know nothing of photography, and I'm sure you've stated a hundred times already, but what camera did you use?

These were with my Nikon D5200 with a fairly standard 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. 

these pics i took last year on vacation. it's the Mendocino area and i just love it there...

the smaller sea caves are really cool cos when the sea water rushes in it comes out in this beautiful spray. the larger sea caves people kayak into but there is no way i'd do that, too scary for me! :lol: the one with the arch ( not the one w/the guy walking over, the other one  has a GN'R connection to me. as we pulled into the scenic viewing area Paradise City came on. i got out of the truck and started dancing and singing along and i didn't even care about the people driving by... most likely thinking what a crazy person i was :D

100_0837.JPG

100_0818.JPG

100_0835.JPG

100_0831.JPG

100_0846.JPG

100_0861.JPG

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

this is a view of the mountains across from the mountain i live on. i took i from my front porch:

View of the mountains from my porch.JPG

Watching this make me want to take that trip to

DSCN3327_fairplayandsouthparkcity_e_600.

South Park & Fairplay, CO

Seems like a world away, and like a place I just want to escape to, for a week or so..

Pretty.

• Like 1

this one i am posting for @Len Cnut well for anyone who likes horse pics! this big boy is a stallion. his name is Crinkle Ear but i call him Big White ( yeah know, what an original name for a horse that's big and white :lol:.) anyway he was always at that same place the horses were in my last pic. then one day he didn't show up :( after several days i found out that he got in a fight with another stallion and was kicked out of his band! but then i heard his companion, a really pretty brown mare and he had left. i keep hoping he'll come back.

anyway here is a pic of the big guy :)

Big White my beautiful sweet stallion.JPG

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

this one i am posting for @Len Cnut well for anyone who likes horse pics! this big boy is a stallion. his name is Crinkle Ear but i call him Big White ( yeah know, what an original name for a horse that's big and white :lol:.) anyway he was always at that same place the horses were in my last pic. then one day he didn't show up :( after several days i found out that he got in a ight wiht another stallion and was kicked out of his band! but then i heard his companion, a really pretty brown mare and he had left. i keep hoping he'll come back.

anyway here is a pic of the big guy :)

Big White my beautiful sweet stallion.JPG

Thats amazing!  Did you actually get up that close for it?

• Like 1