Photography

downzy

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ah used for medicinal purposes and perfumery.

indeed :).  And rose water is an ingredient in the turkish delight recipe i have.  cant wait to try it!  made a small batch of rose hip jelly with this and another bush last year - not my favourite. but yeah, that one is mostly for the reasons you said.  Thats my medicine garden

9 minutes ago, soon said:

indeed :).  And rose water is an ingredient in the turkish delight recipe i have.  cant wait to try it!  made a small batch of rose hip jelly with this and another bush last year - not my favourite. but yeah, that one is mostly for the reasons you said.  Thats my medicine garden

that's cool! i had some rose hip cake not too long ago ( NOT made by me ) with rose scented buttercream. so rich all you needed was a very thin slice :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I took this image last year while in Prague at the Lobkowicz Palace.  Shot with a 35mm prime lens, so I had to crop in a bit as I wasn't as close to this scene as the image suggest.  

I'm finding lately that whenever I travel I'm more interested in photographing people and how tourists interact with attractions than the attractions themselves.  

p2406833176-6.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Went to Normandy France a few weeks ago with my wife to tour the DDay sites and finished with the American Cemetery there....this was taken with my phone..

At the end of the day they blow tapps as they take down the 2 American flags flying over the cemetery.....It was a very powerful emotional experience  and gave me  a new appreciation for the sacrifices those brave men made for our freedom during WWII

IMG_20180212_155810.jpg

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Where are these at? It's surreal to me seeing water that isn't surrounded by 500 houses. #Merica

First two are St. Andrews in beautiful Scotland my friend.

The last one is a place called Lochearnhead. If you ever get the chance to come over here, there's loads of these routes that you can go to see scenery like this.

• Like 1

Came across these pictures the other day that I took years ago. I know nothing about the technical aspects of photography or how to take a good photo, but I used to enjoy taking pictures sometimes. The quality isn't good because I had a rather cheap camera back then. First one was taken at the Berlin wall, while some guys were climbing it and I thought it would be interesting from a historical point of view.

25_years_on.jpg

berlin.jpg

kid4.jpg

Potsdamer_Platz.jpg

P1040296_2.jpg

ny_girl.jpg

P1020801_2.jpg

untitled.jpg

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1