Rumor: Some members may be out of the band?

From the same page that i posted the Frank Ferrer thing, there's also this:

10608189_10205325971495736_2612316910724

"After the team of Axl Rose - Fan Club have published on the probability of exit of some members of Guns N 'Roses, which was published in a number of international forums related to the band, a member of the forum GNR Truth wrote the following account:

"A tip for everyone, I'm a new guy here.

In the sixth show in Las Vegas Residency in 2014, although I was there too (not present for the post-show, show only). I have a friend (real real life) who met Axl Rose and the whole band, along with all the other bands that have opened the presentations.

She was sitting with a group of people and who was also more attended the afterparty.

When I met her (it all came straight from Del James), who told her: "This will probably be the last time you'll see this version of Guns N 'Roses for a while." The next thing she mentioned was that: "The people have spoken." I asked what Del was referring to, she said: "Axl and Slash." I do not know if this alleged conversation took place by phone, email or in person, but I asked her to go straight to the point. According to what she said, Axl reached a level in his life where he would try to leave the máguas aside and make peace with certain people in his life, apparently Slash is one of them.

I also asked about the status of Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, she just smiled and said, "You'll have to wait and see" and not argue about it also. "

It is noteworthy that the same source that told us about the outputs of members of Guns N 'Roses also said those conversations about what happened in Las Vegas, with respect to changes in the probability of meeting the band and former members.

Mister Saint Laurent told our team that Guns N 'Roses may undergo major changes and that Axl Rose plans to revamp the management of the band, sending Team Brazil though."

Basically, Del James said Axl and Slash have met in some type of way.

This is the most bullshit thing I've EVER read on this forum.

It was kind of believable until they brought up Axl putting aside old wounds and talking to Slash. Then it was confirmed to be untrue when the management change was brought up. As awesome as all of it would be, it just sounds like somebody's wishful thinking as of now.

Kind of sad to hear Frank might actually be out of the picture, but it don't really matter. Not like he'd ever last long enough to legitimately write with the band. I guess a lot of the band members being out of the picture might be a good thing, cause it could be Axl finding people he wants to write with, though more than likely he'll just replace them with some more touring members. Even if he didn't though, then what? He releases someone with the new guys and the left over CD tracks are forgotten? Or, more likely, THOSE new songs just end up in the "vault"?

Eh, I'm thinking about this too much. Just rumors after all. Well, except Bumblefoot leaving. That's probably happening. And Tommy being an alcoholic, that's still true.

That was posted on GNRTruth.

Does GNRTruth have a reputation for being right? (Serious question)

Yes, hence the name. But in GNR land things that should happen don't always happen (see "3 new songs will be played this year" thread)

Lol, well the name is meaningless. That's why I asked if they had a reputation. :)

While I never expect to See Slash on stage with Axl again, there does appear to be a lot of smoke about Ron, Tommy and Frank taking off to actually be musicians again

would not be surprised to see more lineup changes come next year

and if i cant ever see the original band together again..id still love to see DUFF come back full time, always has and always will be my favorite member, hes actually a real person unlike some of the other characters involved

Edited by JAEBALL

While I never expect to See Slash on stage with Axl again, there does appear to be a lot of smoke about Ron, Tommy and Frank taking off to actually be musicians again

and if i cant ever see the original band together again..id still love to see DUFF come back full time, always has and always will be my favorite member, hes actually a real person unlike some of the other characters involved

If duff comes back I would like Matt back. I found they clicked very well in gnr and vr

If duff comes back I would like Matt back. I found they clicked very well in gnr and vr

But its never going to be an "everyone but Slash" set-up. Those guys are still Slash's friend. They would not be onboard with doing that fulltime, I don't think.

All the moreso if they had to look at DJ and rationalize why they are somehow not just calling their buddy back up, who would be appreciably better. It would make no sense to them.

If any of the old members come back, how long would they put up with the late starts?

Or if Axy Waxy starts his crybaby "ranting" on stage?

Or if he blames them for their little, minor fuck-ups like he's done to Frank, Dizzy, Pitman, etc? All the while, being the biggest fuck-up of them all

• Like 1

That post reads like the ultimate in wishful thinking from the same type of dopes that thought the RNR HOF was going to be their Hollywood ending.

Even though I have always been a reunionist, I never expected a reunion at the hall of fame. I also think many fans placed far too much importance on it. Would it have been nice? Yes. But I don't think it was ever a realistic possiblity. Let's all be honest with ourselves, as fans of Axl, he never does what is expected. So thats why I never thought the hall of fame thing would turn out good, because that was expected. If he is ever going to do a reunion with Slash, it was going to be on his terms, or at least terms him and Slash could agree with. But not terms that the hall of fame dictates, thats why that was never going to happen. They tried to dictate to Axl how it was going to go, that is not how Axl opperates, we should all realize that by now.

As time goes by, I'm getting the feeling that these "rumors" have more weight to them than we realize. Honestly most gnr rumors tended to be true, for those of us that have followed the band since the old days anyways. To be quite honest, if Frank is gone, I bet Richard is next. Like it or not, but Ashba is going to be the last man standing from Nugnr, and WILL be part of the reunion. That's my gut instict. He can play rhythm good enough, and let Slash do the lead, and Ashba will do Finck's solo's from CD. If BBF, Frank, and Tommy are indeed on the way out, that to me does in fact mean that things are being discussed for Matt, Duff, and Slash to return. But it's probably not going to happen until Slash is done touring World on Fire. Has all of this been discussed with Slash yet, probably not. But I bet it has been with Duff, and Duff knows Slash isn't going to move until he's done with World on Fire. Izzy will also probably be involved on a smaller basis, write and record, play when he feels like it. I also feel that the next gnr album will include CD leftovers, rerecorded or with parts added by the old guys. Plus probably a couple of songs from Ashba, plus a couple of songs written by axl/slash/izzy/duff. This is what the world wants, this is what the record company wants, and anyone that thinks Slash doesn't want it is jnust plain foolish. Hell Perla herself would tell Slash to do it. Didn't someone just say a Guns n' Roses reunion will happen within two years? It sounds to me like its being discussed. Plus it's funny that the guys who still talk about gnr's future; Ashba and Dizzy are not the members on the chopping block. Coincidence? I think not, it's because they now they will still be there if a reunion happens.

well that explains who the other sausages were for

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Why the F would Slash want to get back with Axl (other than money).

Well for one, Perla his wife would tell him to do it. His kids would tell hime to do it. His peers (Tyler/Perry), (Mick/Keef), would tell him to do it. It's a small minority that honestly believes he is better off now, than when he was in Guns n' Roses. I've never understood this thinking.

That post reads like the ultimate in wishful thinking from the same type of dopes that thought the RNR HOF was going to be their Hollywood ending.

Even though I have always been a reunionist, I never expected a reunion at the hall of fame. I also think many fans placed far too much importance on it. Would it have been nice? Yes. But I don't think it was ever a realistic possiblity. Let's all be honest with ourselves, as fans of Axl, he never does what is expected. So thats why I never thought the hall of fame thing would turn out good, because that was expected. If he is ever going to do a reunion with Slash, it was going to be on his terms, or at least terms him and Slash could agree with. But not terms that the hall of fame dictates, thats why that was never going to happen. They tried to dictate to Axl how it was going to go, that is not how Axl opperates, we should all realize that by now.

As time goes by, I'm getting the feeling that these "rumors" have more weight to them than we realize. Honestly most gnr rumors tended to be true, for those of us that have followed the band since the old days anyways. To be quite honest, if Frank is gone, I bet Richard is next. Like it or not, but Ashba is going to be the last man standing from Nugnr, and WILL be part of the reunion. That's my gut instict. He can play rhythm good enough, and let Slash do the lead, and Ashba will do Finck's solo's from CD. If BBF, Frank, and Tommy are indeed on the way out, that to me does in fact mean that things are being discussed for Matt, Duff, and Slash to return. But it's probably not going to happen until Slash is done touring World on Fire. Has all of this been discussed with Slash yet, probably not. But I bet it has been with Duff, and Duff knows Slash isn't going to move until he's done with World on Fire. Izzy will also probably be involved on a smaller basis, write and record, play when he feels like it. I also feel that the next gnr album will include CD leftovers, rerecorded or with parts added by the old guys. Plus probably a couple of songs from Ashba, plus a couple of songs written by axl/slash/izzy/duff. This is what the world wants, this is what the record company wants, and anyone that thinks Slash doesn't want it is jnust plain foolish. Hell Perla herself would tell Slash to do it. Didn't someone just say a Guns n' Roses reunion will happen within two years? It sounds to me like its being discussed. Plus it's funny that the guys who still talk about gnr's future; Ashba and Dizzy are not the members on the chopping block. Coincidence? I think not, it's because they now they will still be there if a reunion happens.

No one wants Slash to record over CD II.That will sound like complete shit.

• Like 1

Well for one, Perla his wife would tell him to do it. His kids would tell hime to do it. His peers (Tyler/Perry), (Mick/Keef), would tell him to do it. It's a small minority that honestly believes he is better off now, than when he was in Guns n' Roses. I've never understood this thinking.

Maybe he feels he's better off because he's in control and doesn't have to deal with Axl's incessant bullshit?

• Like 1

If any of the old members come back, how long would they put up with the late starts?

Or if he blames them for their little, minor fuck-ups like he's done to Frank, Dizzy, Pitman, etc? All the while, being the biggest fuck-up of them all

I agree with you that this is a potential problem. But to be fair to Axl, he has been a lot better about being on time the last few years. So as long as that continues, I think everyone can deal with the rest of the shit. Plus it allows everyone to finish what they started. That is a HUGE deal to all of them. End the Guns n' Roses story on a positive note. Because that's honestly where we are here. They would do a reunion tour, then if that goes well, a new album followed by another tour. Then perhaps a fairwell tour, then boom thats the end. We are talking the next 5~10 years of their lives, not for forever, they are not going to be the stones touring into their 70's, not going to happen.

I just think many of you undervalue how important Guns n' Roses really is to all of them. The chance to fix everything they broke is a too strong of an appeal for ANY of them to turn down, especially if Axl is the one wanting to do it.

Maybe he feels he's better off because he's in control and doesn't have to deal with Axl's incessant bullshit?

That maybe true. But all great frontmen are a pain in the ass. He just got off tour with Aerosmith, lets be fair here, Axl's shit really isn't any different than Tyler's shit. Same can be said for Mick, they are all full of shit. But the chance to right some wrongs, plus actually being able to headline arena's and other major venues is something NONE of these guys can accomplish on their own. Axl's NUgnr is the closest to being able to play major venue's, and they can't do it very well anymore either. Slash's band sure as hell can't, neither can Loaded. These guys all have MAJOR ego's, not being able to do that anymore is a shot to all of their ego's, especially when they all have people in their life saying "You could play them again if you guys got guns back together." They all know this, they all hear this. After being told this for the millionth time, you might actually start wanting to do that yourself.

@Shadow of the wave,

Let's assume a few of the CD leftovers are indeed epic on the NR and Estranged level, why would you not want to be a part of that? Even if your Slash, even if that means all you add to some songs are just the solos, if they are really great songs, then why not? Plus as long as Slash and the boys get a couple of songs they wrote on it, than what does it matter? It's not really much different than how the Illusions were written and recorded.

I agree with you that this is a potential problem. But to be fair to Axl, he has been a lot better about being on time the last few years. So as long as that continues, I think everyone can deal with the rest of the shit. Plus it allows everyone to finish what they started. That is a HUGE deal to all of them. End the Guns n' Roses story on a positive note. Because that's honestly where we are here. They would do a reunion tour, then if that goes well, a new album followed by another tour. Then perhaps a fairwell tour, then boom thats the end. We are talking the next 5~10 years of their lives, not for forever, they are not going to be the stones touring into their 70's, not going to happen.

I just think many of you undervalue how important Guns n' Roses really is to all of them. The chance to fix everything they broke is a too strong of an appeal for ANY of them to turn down, especially if Axl is the one wanting to do it.

I realize that- obviously- any and all discussions about anyone (former member or not) actually joining up with this organization at this point is complete speculation (if not utter fantasy), but still- they always make me think of this spot on quote by JB (from the long-forgotten Why no talk of finck returning? thread):

You'd have to be an idiot to return to GNR at this point.

Ignore this statement all you want, folks, but nobody in his right mind with a shred of a reputation and/or dignity is joining this organization, returned or otherwise.

• Like 1