Rumor: Some members may be out of the band?

I don't know how it will sound when he's 60.

Probably like the studio version of Madagascar. Roll him out on a gurney.

Thing is, if he'd get his ass in shape and actually work on his vocals, he could sound far better at 60 than he does today.

But as he's cautioned, won't hold my breath...

• Like 2

Every time the band goes on hiatus the rumors start swirling. And for good reason. Just ask Slash, Bucket and Robin. Those guys were different though, they had options. Where's someone like Frank going for example? GNR have taken their breaks before. People just weren't around back then to know what it's like. I don't think there's any need to go into panic mode just yet. It was much worse when we were anticipating an album and there were years of silence. This time around, there isn't anything to look forward to anyway.

• Like 1

Thing is, if he'd get his ass in shape and actually work on his vocals, he could sound far better at 60 than he does today.

He's lazy as shit. It will get much worse.

Every time the band goes on hiatus the rumors start swirling. And for good reason. Just ask Slash, Bucket and Robin. Those guys were different though, they had options. Where's someone like Frank going for example? GNR have taken their breaks before. People just weren't around back then to know what it's like. I don't think there's any need to go into panic mode just yet. It was much worse when we were anticipating an album and there were years of silence. This time around, there isn't anything to look forward to anyway.

Nothing to look forward to? I guess if you didn't like Chinese. But Axl talked about CD ll very recently. Showed interest in releasing it. I'd say that is definitely something to look forward to. And if you take into consideration Axl said he always considered Chinese as a double, it's also realistic to expect CD ll's release "soon".

It's the best new Guns fans can hope for. It's not like Axl is gonna move his ass and record a new album with this line up and release it. That's not likely imo. Maybe in 2025.

Edited by Rovim

Nothing to look forward to? I guess if you didn't like Chinese. But Axl talked about CD ll very recently. Showed interest in releasing it. I'd say that is definitely something to look forward to. And if you take into consideration Axl said he always considered Chinese as a double, it's also realistic to expect CD ll's release "soon".

It's the best new Guns fans can hope for. It's not like Axl is gonna move his ass and record a new album with this line up and release it. That's not likely imo. Maybe in 2025.

The buzz around CD was much more highly anticipated. The media was all over it, we heard real not yet released songs played at shows, drop dates were given (and passed). Lots of people were looking forward to the release of that album, not just members on a forum. There was hype. It was a much more exciting time imo.

Now there's none of that. You've got different members saying different things. No one is on the same page about an album. Even Axl mentioning it is just sort of 'meh' at this point. Many of us have been thru the wait before, we know not to get our hopes up. You don't hear any talk about new music outside of here, there really isn't anything going on with this band, and I don't anticipate there being anything to look forward to for awhile. If ever?

• Like 1

The buzz around CD was much more highly anticipated. The media was all over it, we heard real not yet released songs played at shows, drop dates were given (and passed). Lots of people were looking forward to the release of that album, not just members on a forum. There was hype. It was a much more exciting time imo.

Now there's none of that. You've got different members saying different things. No one is on the same page about an album. Even Axl mentioning it is just sort of 'meh' at this point. Many of us have been thru the wait before, we know not to get our hopes up. You don't hear any talk about new music outside of here, there really isn't anything going on with this band, and I don't anticipate there being anything to look forward to for awhile. If ever?

We are talking about different things here. I was strictly talking about what us hardcore fans can hope for. No one really gives a fuck about new Guns at this point. Axl waited too long. I'm aware of that.

Axl is always late as shit. That doesn't mean he won't release the second half of Chinese at least. In fact, he talked about how there are 2 albums finished, including the remix Chinese, that he would love to release more music, that it's time to seriously look into it (CD ll's release)

It's only a matter of time imo. I don't expect anything more then that, I just don't think he'll release just half of the work. Not his style. (dedicated to Prostitute Coma)

He is too lazy. Probably when he is dead, the Lebeis family will cash in on his estate and sell a bunch of Michael Jackson style posthumous albums - then, we might hear the leftovers. But until then, I cannot see Axl doing, anything really, apart from cash crab tours when he is a bit strapped for cash.

• Like 3

He is too lazy. Probably when he is dead, the Lebeis family will cash in on his estate and sell a bunch of Michael Jackson style posthumous albums - then, we might hear the leftovers. But until then, I cannot see Axl doing, anything really, apart from cash crab tours when he is a bit strapped for cash.

Nah. Not when he's dead, and not in 10 years. Just a guess, but 2 or 3 years from now it will be out imo. Axl went silent after what he said in 2006 "it's this year" and then it took 2 more years. There was no reason for him to mention CD ll is done and the remix chinese as well if he didn't at least intend to release those soon.

He chooses his words carefully, but there is an interest there to release the rest of it. And it's not leftovers either. It's the second half of Chinese. I expect the same quality and I don't think I'll be disappointed by it. (please don't say stupid shit please don't say stupid shit)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Nah. Not when he's dead, and not in 10 years. Just a guess, but 2 or 3 years from now it will be out imo. Axl went silent after what he said in 2006 "it's this year" and then it took 2 more years. There was no reason for him to mention CD ll is done and the remix chinese as well if he didn't at least intend to release those soon.

He chooses his words carefully, but there is an interest there to release the rest of the it. And it's not leftovers either. It's the second half of Chinese. I expect the same quality and I don't think I'll be disappointed by it. (please don't say stupid shit please don't say stupid shit)

See, I don't disagree with you here. But the problem is, he said that about the Chinese album in like 1999. And 2001. And 2002. Thats what leads me to not believe him. He's shot himself in the foot. Its like the boy that cried Chinese Democracy album. Why would he say THOSE things if he had no intention of releasing it? Obviously he did and things got in the way. Whether thats him or the label, its hard to say. But the bottom line is he said stuff like what you were citing, and then ALSO said them 4 years later. The album wasn't just not released in that period because of a label, and it had to be something with Axl (either laziness or something else, but it had to be at least 50% his fault).

So yes, I do agree with you that he chooses his words carefully. However, I think, despite how careful those words are chosen, past history has led us to believe they don't really mean anything. He makes them sound like they do, but the bottom line is its been 8 years since those comments and we still don't have that stuff. Why he mentioned them? I have no idea. I don't think its cause they were fake. Maybe its cause they were wishful thinking? Maybe he mentioned them because he thought it had been so long that he's gotta make it sound like he's got more than just one album? The world may never know.

Just the thought that Axl's legacy might go to those useless mooches makes me sick.

He chooses his words carefully, but there is an interest there to release the rest of the it. And it's not leftovers either. It's the second half of Chinese. I expect the same quality and I don't think I'll be disappointed by it. (please don't say stupid shit please don't say stupid shit)

See, I don't disagree with you here. But the problem is, he said that about the Chinese album in like 1999. And 2001. And 2002. Thats what leads me to not believe him. He's shot himself in the foot. Its like the boy that cried Chinese Democracy album. Why would he say THOSE things if he had no intention of releasing it? Obviously he did and things got in the way. Whether thats him or the label, its hard to say. But the bottom line is he said stuff like what you were citing, and then ALSO said them 4 years later. The album wasn't just not released in that period because of a label, and it had to be something with Axl (either laziness or something else, but it had to be at least 50% his fault).

So yes, I do agree with you that he chooses his words carefully. However, I think, despite how careful those words are chosen, past history has led us to believe they don't really mean anything. He makes them sound like they do, but the bottom line is its been 8 years since those comments and we still don't have that stuff. Why he mentioned them? I have no idea. I don't think its cause they were fake. Maybe its cause they were wishful thinking? Maybe he mentioned them because he thought it had been so long that he's gotta make it sound like he's got more than just one album? The world may never know.

But they do mean something. They mean Axl wants to release more music, and is working on getting it released. The problem is, as I see it, is that he's not flexible at all.

His way, or the highway. 1991 $$$ to promote it. It's got to me monumental, epic, it's Guns N' Roses (or at least new Guns)

The record label and Axl need to find a compromise. I don't think there is another best buy deal to save the day. Both sides need to find a way to get ur dun.

Good news is the album is done, the money was spent. Record label wants to make more money. Axl wants it out too.

But see, I took that into consideration with my posts in this thread: since Axl said it's this year in 2006, it took 2 more years for the actual release to take place.

Now Axl is showing real interest with his comments, so I'm guessing 2 to 3 years, late as shit, then released. Clearly there's a strong possibility of a man child tantrum, so worst case scenario: 4 to 5 years imo. It's been 6 years since Chinese got released, and I'd imagine Axl wants to tour the second half of it and not when he's 70.

But they do mean something. They mean Axl wants to release more music, and is working on getting it released. The problem is, as I see it, is that he's not flexible at all.

His way, or the highway. 1991 $$$ to promote it. It's got to me monumental, epic, it's Guns N' Roses (or at least new Guns)

The record label and Axl need to find a compromise. I don't think there is another best buy deal to save the day. Both sides need to find a way to get ur dun.

Good news is the album is done, the money was spent. Record label wants to make more money. Axl wants it out too.

But see, I took that into consideration with my posts in this thread: since Axl said it's this year in 2006, it took 2 more years for the actual release to take place.

Now Axl is showing real interest with his comments, so I'm guessing 2 to 3 years, late as shit, then released. Clearly there's a strong possibility of a man child tantrum, so worst case scenario: 4 to 5 years imo. It's been 6 years since Chinese got released, and I'd imagine Axl wants to tour the second half of it and not when he's 70.

Maybe the album is done, but Axl doesn't wants to release it, because he can't sing these new songs....or maybe he's re-recording again, in a lower tones to fit his actual vocal range

Maybe the album is done, but Axl doesn't wants to release it, because he can't sing these new songs....or maybe he's re-recording again, in a lower tones to fit his actual vocal range

But he said he wants to release it. That he would "love to". We don't really know what is going on cause no one will say anything. That doesn't mean Axl is lying when he does throw us a shitty bone.

This band has been mysterious since the beginning. It's was a pretty good gap of time between Appetite and Illusions. 5 years? Granted you had the GnR lies album, but that was killing time for the follow up to Appetite. I'm not taking anything away from Lies. It's a classic. The spaghetti Incident was meant to be the same sort of thing. The point is, GnR makes a release every few years and it keeps the mystery going. Time is on Axl's side.

I think we are fully aware of the reasons why CD took so long. Some of those reasons are gone now. But cds still don't sell that great.

From 2008, Axl probably wanted to tour CD properly. Chi dem opened the sets, SOD, Better, TIL, Madagascar, Shacklers, Sorry, Catcher, TWAT, IRS have all had pretty good runs.

It's half time oranges.

Axl probably seems the next record as his last. He's done all the ground work its just a matter of getting it out and touring for a decade.

Sadly I can see the rest of the old band in their 60's playing along to an Axl hologram.

Ever sadder is that I'll in the front row lapping it up.

• Like 1

This band has been mysterious since the beginning. It's was a pretty good gap of time between Appetite and Illusions. 5 years? Granted you had the GnR lies album, but that was killing time for the follow up to Appetite. I'm not taking anything away from Lies. It's a classic. The spaghetti Incident was meant to be the same sort of thing. The point is, GnR makes a release every few years and it keeps the mystery going. Time is on Axl's side.

Sort of.

It was actually four years between Appetite and Illusions - not five.

And Illusions was a two albums - not one.

So in a four year period GnR released a total of 50 songs.

In the last 20 years, Axl has released 14 songs.

And those 14 songs were released six years ago and there is no new album in sight.