Isn't Guns N' Roses more of a brand than a band?

doakes

It's not like a band being a brand is a bad thing as long as you are proud of it like Mr. Bruce Dickinson says.

This is what I was gonna say, every band is a brand. music INDUSTRY. Everything from KISS to Slayer, Guns N roses to any artist currently recording music, and touring, selling merch etc..

There is a need for permanent members as a band that has no fixed line up will have no credibility with fans, and definitely not the increasingly judgmental/negative media. Having permanent members says 'this is a solid band' having whoever is available at any time says 'this is solo project, and the musicians involved are here solely for money/exposure'.

Everyone knows people join GnR for exposure and stable money, the creative side is a plus but most know it's a bit of a labyrinth actually getting there.

I understand your point. But someone said he's just in it for the money. I just said not just the money.i really thinks he cares about GNR and isn't as cynical as some want him to be. And seeing as you don't have a kind or positive word for Axl or nu Guns...you're just twisting to your agenda. It seems overly negative? So a few people think maybe Axl can release a record and isn't completely evil, washed up asshole, must stamp on that glimmer of hope!

He did want to make music as GNR and put out music. Maybe it's not as easy or successful as he thought but he still wants to be GNR. If he just wanted money he'd do a reunion. 1 record in 30 years isn't really a relevant point, he'd rather do that than a reunion. proves the point really doesn't it. Instead of getting a load of money and love by doing reunion he'd rather struggle to put out 1 record, for it to be derided by people on the Internet and do what he wants.

He's definitely in for the money now. That's what I'm saying. I mean, 2001-2002 Axl was completely different than current Axl.

I don't know for sure if he cares or not, but it seems to me that he doesn't. He just wants to do what he has to, collect all the money he possibly can and then retire. Oh, by the way, "agenda" is a terrible word Axl taught his fans, I don't know why you guys insist on using a word you don't know the real meaning of and, I don't know if you guys realize how ridiculous is to use it.

Wake me up when there's something to be positive about. I've learned to respect the people who still believe in a new record but if someone asks my opinion, that's delusional and it will never happen. Since when being realistic is the same as being overly negative? I wish you guys are right and you get the record you want. I hope time proves me wrong.

You really need to make up your mind. You first said that he cares about Gn'R, then you say that he prefers to do whatever he wants (one record in 30 years) instead of doing... what it would be more prolific to the band? Which one is it? And before it gets "twisted" by your "agenda", by prolific I don't mean "a reunion", I mean, you know, what... other bands do? I don't know, eh... release music for his fans to enjoy?

I already explain you why he's not willing to do a reunion. He already has money. He's already making part of what he would do with a reunion but without the hassle of being confronted or contradicted. In his band he's the boss, with a reunion he will lose that title.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

I understand your point. But someone said he's just in it for the money. I just said not just the money.i really thinks he cares about GNR and isn't as cynical as some want him to be. And seeing as you don't have a kind or positive word for Axl or nu Guns...you're just twisting to your agenda. It seems overly negative? So a few people think maybe Axl can release a record and isn't completely evil, washed up asshole, must stamp on that glimmer of hope!

He did want to make music as GNR and put out music. Maybe it's not as easy or successful as he thought but he still wants to be GNR. If he just wanted money he'd do a reunion. 1 record in 30 years isn't really a relevant point, he'd rather do that than a reunion. proves the point really doesn't it. Instead of getting a load of money and love by doing reunion he'd rather struggle to put out 1 record, for it to be derided by people on the Internet and do what he wants.

He's definitely in for the money now. That's what I'm saying. I mean, 2001-2002 Axl was completely different than current Axl.

I don't know for sure if he cares or not, but it seems to me that he doesn't. He just wants to do what he has to, collect all the money he possibly can and then retire. Oh, by the way, "agenda" is a terrible word Axl taught his fans, I don't know why you guys insist on using a word you don't know the real meaning of and, I don't know if you guys realize how ridiculous is to use it.

Wake me up when there's something to be positive about. I've learned to respect the people who still believe in a new record but if someone asks my opinion, that's delusional and it will never happen. Since when being realistic is the same as being overly negative? I wish you guys are right and you get the record you want. I hope time proves me wrong.

You really need to make up your mind. You first said that he cares about Gn'R, then you say that he prefers to do whatever he wants (one record in 30 years) instead of doing... what it would be more prolific to the band? Which one is it? And before it gets "twisted" by your "agenda", by prolific I don't mean "a reunion", I mean, you know, what... other bands do? I don't know, eh... release music for his fans to enjoy?

I already explain you why he's not willing to do a reunion. He already has money. He's already making part of what he would do with a reunion but without the hassle of being confronted or contradicted. In his band he's the boss, with a reunion he will lose that title.

Well then, he's not doing it just for the money.

It's just when you reel out random criticisms you have which have nothing to do with the point it seems like bias.

Axl isn't only in it for the money. Just because he doesn't do what you want doesn't mean every aspect has to be railroaded.

Edited by wasted

If he wanted money Axl'd do a reunion?

Correction:

If he wanted more money.

He's still making money with his current band. A reunion will generate more money, yes, but what does that mean? It means Axl not being bitter and angry at Slash over things that happened years ago. That's never gonna happen. The butthurt is there to stay, forever.

It's not just about making money though which is what I replied to. If money was the focus a reunion would be the way to go. I'm not saying the reasons to carry on as GNR are noble or clear but it's not just the money. Staying home would break even. People just make too big a deal of the name.

It's the battle of the butthurt for sure. I doubt Slash left GNR lightly so he must have a little ass pain too. Axl probably loses his mind if the Dairy Queen delivery melts on the way so Im guessing he's winning in the butthurt bowling league.

But yeah it's not the money, it's the ego, butthurt and personal freedom to put out music as GNR. That's his legal right in a free country, not to be told by anyone what he can do.

You're missing the point. If Axl is currently making good money, which I believe he is, with his yes-men band, then why would he go back to the place where people actually questioned his actions and decisions just for the sake of more money? 100 million or 70 million are basically the same in general terms: A lot of fucking money, no? I would of course, want 100 million instead of 70, but if to get the 100 million I have to talk to the person I hate the most, I would definitely say: "No, thank you. I'm already making good cash with what I have." That's my point.

If the current band wasn't all about the money now, then the band wouldn't have a tag price to play private weddings. I couldn't care less about the name, Axl did his thing and it's obvious that he just wants money now. I think there was a time he wanted something else for his future, other than playing SCOM for the rest of his life.

You're right. For years, Slash was bitter about the break-up. Didn't he say in his book that he cried or wanted to kill himself or some shit like that? He was furious but now that's just the past, while Axl is still suck in the late 90s. Hating everyone who doesn't praise him 24/7.

Your last sentence doesn't make any sense. Axl fought for the personal freedom to put out music as "Guns N' Roses", but Axl has put out one album of original material in 17 years. That's what he was fighting for? That's why he worked so hard to rebuild what it was - to him - a band filled with junkies who didn't want to move forward? :lol: I don't think so.

1 record in 30 years isn't really a relevant point,

That is pretty much the only relevant point or statement that means anything.

All of the discussion is really just us - fans - throwing out opinions on a situation that we don't really know about. No offense, Mr Wasted, but unless you've spoken to Axl personally, then you really don't know if he is touring solely for the "money" or not. He could very easily have blown most of his money and is only keeping the GnR name alive - through touring - so he can replenish his bank account. Conversely, he might have 53 million dollars in the bank and is touring because he loves to be on the road performing.

Bottom line is two things.

1. We have no idea why Axl is touring and why he isn't sharing new music with his millions of fans. We are all just speculating.

2. One album with this (basically) this current band, which was six years ago, and there is no new music in site. The last album of original material before that was 23 years ago. Axl once famously said that he would HATE to be in a band that just regurgitated old songs over and over every night. Today - that's what he does. Sucks for those of us who would love new Axl Rose music.

• Like 1

This is probably the most stupid and retarded thing I've read on this forum.

He can put out 1 record in 30 years and it wouldn't be just about the money. In fact, if he wanted more money he'd play the game more wouldn't he? Put out CD II right now, release a Dj and Ron record to fuel more touring.

You have a problem with 1 record, it's relevant to fan satisfaction and Axls responsibility to GNR. But not this here Axl is just in it for the money debate. It's almost proof he doesn't care about money. And who would if you worth 200 mil? No amount of money will change his world.

I understand the whole thing taints the way you see things.

Money is definitely part of it as Axl said right from the beginning hed be bankrupt without the name but also he felt he had a right to carry on for what he worked for. Also he mentioned the way Slash left and tried to spin it in the media. Ego/spite are also factors. As well as he felt that GNR should be kept alive for what it means around the world. He didn't want it to die.

That's from his first chat.

No we don't know exactly how he feels now. But to disregard everything he says on such a simple point is a bit silly. Take the most negative scenario and try to fit in with the rest of Axls crimes.

But you could be right he may just see it as a job he's worked to benefit from and never will release another record. I think he still enjoys performing enough for it not to be all about the money.

But seeing as he reiterated he wanted to get the second half of CD out recently I don't see how we can be certain he never will.

Edited by wasted

He can put out 1 record in 30 years and it wouldn't be just about the money. In fact, if he wanted more money he'd play the game more wouldn't.

You have a problem with 1 record, it's relevant to fan satisfaction and Axls responsibility to GNR. But not this here Axl is just in it for the money debate.

I understand the whole thing taints you the way you see things.

Money is definitely part of it as Axl said right from the beginning hed be bankrupt without the name but also he felt he had a right to carry on for what he worked for. Also he mentioned the way Slash left and tried to spin it in the media. Ego/spite are also factors. As well as he felt the GNR should be kept alive for what it means around the world. He didn't want it to die.

No we don't know exactly how he feels now. But to disregard everything he says on such a simple point is a bit silly. Take the most negative scenario and try to fit in with the rest of Axls crimes.

But you could be right he may just see it as a job he's worked to benefit from and never will release another record. I think he still enjoys performing enough for it not to be all about the money.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer id augue bibendum neque semper varius eu vitae erat. Nunc eget neque nec risus vehicula hendrerit vitae non dolor. Vestibulum cursus, ligula a ultrices malesuada, libero nisi eleifend augue, quis iaculis est nisl eget tellus. Nulla velit nisl, euismod non tincidunt sit amet, vestibulum egestas lorem. Nullam vehicula tincidunt risus ac egestas. Nam egestas dictum ligula, et vestibulum dolor iaculis id. Donec ullamcorper neque at dolor finibus, vel imperdiet quam interdum. Aliquam ut tempus libero. Ut ac turpis vitae odio aliquet malesuada. Nam vestibulum pellentesque augue quis accumsan. Axel Suspendisse finibus sagittis diam vitae consequat. Pellentesque congue ultricies sapien vitae aliquet. Ut mi metus, luctus vel semper eget, vestibulum vitae lectus. Nam convallis id mi id ullamcorper.

Mauris eu lorem elementum, sollicitudin ipsum vitae, tempor lorem. Vivamus hendrerit volutpat nisl, quis placerat elit elementum porttitor. Praesent semper dolor nec lorem feugiat, ornare pulvinar augue vestibulum. Quisque ut arcu a nunc interdum bibendum. Sed pellentesque diam eget ante cursus facilisis. Proin ornare euismod pretium. Integer in felis sed enim feugiat sollicitudin. Aenean faucibus Come vulputate velit id pharetra. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Donec dignissim leo sed eleifend tristique. Vestibulum semper quis lectus ac congue.

Praesent in tellus tristique, laoreet nisi eget, cursus turpis. Curabitur sollicitudin nisl in sapien elementum pellentesque. Maecenas dictum id ligula eu egestas. Lol, wall of texts. In auctor consequat lectus id finibus. Nam ornare dui nec porttitor consectetur. Ut interdum, orci a venenatis ornare, nisl elit molestie turpis, sit amet consequat nunc dui in lectus. Donec placerat faucibus commodo. Nulla quis porta tellus. Nullam nisl nisl, venenatis id quam quis, congue auctor erat. Phasellus ultrices dui lorem, vitae volutpat nulla laoreet eget. Donec aliquet ligula vitae vulputate rutrum. Aenean vestibulum tempor sem, id tincidunt elit cursus ut. Ut id finibus mi. Nam To bibendum ornare interdum. Phasellus nisl lacus, accumsan sit amet dui quis, interdum rutrum massa. In tincidunt, sapien eget fringilla lobortis, augue nisl tincidunt leo, sit amet bibendum urna mauris et nunc.

Nunc dignissim magna nec laoreet bibendum. Proin eget massa nec nulla placerat consequat sit amet et ligula. Phasellus volutpat massa mi, at lacinia lorem tempor nec. Etiam consequat erat et venenatis cursus. Curabitur imperdiet sagittis purus in facilisis. Ut justo dolor, ullamcorper ultrices velit in, semper malesuada diam. Aenean fermentum lectus quis ligula commodo, vel porta lorem pulvinar. Integer pretium molestie The ante, nec fermentum elit aliquet sit amet. Integer luctus sapien et fringilla tincidunt. Nullam lacus est, euismod vitae vestibulum a, tristique id lacus. Pellentesque eu luctus libero.

Nulla facilisi. Pellentesque cursus ornare pretium. Sed pulvinar nunc et ligula aliquam, vel scelerisque nunc tincidunt. Etiam at bibendum ligula. Suspendisse pharetra nisi et pulvinar consectetur. Praesent semper faucibus aliquam. Phasellus ac tempus velit. Integer suscipit venenatis nibh, vitae vehicula purus accumsan vel. Aenean varius mattis mollis. Phasellus quam odio, euismod quis blandit bibendum, Brazil accumsan in quam. Blabbber. Aliquam erat volutpat. Aliquam pretium dapibus quam tempor posuere. Aliquam convallis vel diam eget aliquam. Mauris consectetur tincidunt tristique. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae.

Edited by ProstituteComa
  • Like 1

He can put out 1 record in 30 years and it wouldn't be just about the money. In fact, if he wanted more money he'd play the game more wouldn't.

You have a problem with 1 record, it's relevant to fan satisfaction and Axls responsibility to GNR. But not this here Axl is just in it for the money debate.

I understand the whole thing taints you the way you see things.

Money is definitely part of it as Axl said right from the beginning hed be bankrupt without the name but also he felt he had a right to carry on for what he worked for. Also he mentioned the way Slash left and tried to spin it in the media. Ego/spite are also factors. As well as he felt the GNR should be kept alive for what it means around the world. He didn't want it to die.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer id augue bibendum neque semper varius eu vitae erat. Nunc eget neque nec risus vehicula hendrerit vitae non dolor. Vestibulum cursus, ligula a ultrices malesuada, libero nisi eleifend augue, quis iaculis est nisl eget tellus. Nulla velit nisl, euismod non tincidunt sit amet, vestibulum egestas lorem. Nullam vehicula tincidunt risus ac egestas. Nam egestas dictum ligula, et vestibulum dolor iaculis id. Donec ullamcorper neque at dolor finibus, vel imperdiet quam interdum. Aliquam ut tempus libero. Ut ac turpis vitae odio aliquet malesuada. Nam vestibulum pellentesque augue quis accumsan. Axel Suspendisse finibus sagittis diam vitae consequat. Pellentesque congue ultricies sapien vitae aliquet. Ut mi metus, luctus vel semper eget, vestibulum vitae lectus. Nam convallis id mi id ullamcorper.

Mauris eu lorem elementum, sollicitudin ipsum vitae, tempor lorem. Vivamus hendrerit volutpat nisl, quis placerat elit elementum porttitor. Praesent semper dolor nec lorem feugiat, ornare pulvinar augue vestibulum. Quisque ut arcu a nunc interdum bibendum. Sed pellentesque diam eget ante cursus facilisis. Proin ornare euismod pretium. Integer in felis sed enim feugiat sollicitudin. Aenean faucibus Come vulputate velit id pharetra. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Donec dignissim leo sed eleifend tristique. Vestibulum semper quis lectus ac congue.

Praesent in tellus tristique, laoreet nisi eget, cursus turpis. Curabitur sollicitudin nisl in sapien elementum pellentesque. Maecenas dictum id ligula eu egestas. Lol, wall of texts. In auctor consequat lectus id finibus. Nam ornare dui nec porttitor consectetur. Ut interdum, orci a venenatis ornare, nisl elit molestie turpis, sit amet consequat nunc dui in lectus. Donec placerat faucibus commodo. Nulla quis porta tellus. Nullam nisl nisl, venenatis id quam quis, congue auctor erat. Phasellus ultrices dui lorem, vitae volutpat nulla laoreet eget. Donec aliquet ligula vitae vulputate rutrum. Aenean vestibulum tempor sem, id tincidunt elit cursus ut. Ut id finibus mi. Nam To bibendum ornare interdum. Phasellus nisl lacus, accumsan sit amet dui quis, interdum rutrum massa. In tincidunt, sapien eget fringilla lobortis, augue nisl tincidunt leo, sit amet bibendum urna mauris et nunc.

Nunc dignissim magna nec laoreet bibendum. Proin eget massa nec nulla placerat consequat sit amet et ligula. Phasellus volutpat massa mi, at lacinia lorem tempor nec. Etiam consequat erat et venenatis cursus. Curabitur imperdiet sagittis purus in facilisis. Ut justo dolor, ullamcorper ultrices velit in, semper malesuada diam. Aenean fermentum lectus quis ligula commodo, vel porta lorem pulvinar. Integer pretium molestie The ante, nec fermentum elit aliquet sit amet. Integer luctus sapien et fringilla tincidunt. Nullam lacus est, euismod vitae vestibulum a, tristique id lacus. Pellentesque eu luctus libero.

Nulla facilisi. Pellentesque cursus ornare pretium. Sed pulvinar nunc et ligula aliquam, vel scelerisque nunc tincidunt. Etiam at bibendum ligula. Suspendisse pharetra nisi et pulvinar consectetur. Praesent semper faucibus aliquam. Phasellus ac tempus velit. Integer suscipit venenatis nibh, vitae vehicula purus accumsan vel. Aenean varius mattis mollis. Phasellus quam odio, euismod quis blandit bibendum, Brazil accumsan in quam. Blabbber. Aliquam erat volutpat. Aliquam pretium dapibus quam tempor posuere. Aliquam convallis vel diam eget aliquam. Mauris consectetur tincidunt tristique. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae.

Let the butthurt run red.
  • Like 1

It's just when you reel out random criticisms you have which have nothing to do with the point it seems like bias.

Axl isn't only in it for the money. Just because he doesn't do what you want doesn't mean every aspect has to be railroaded.

He's doing it for the money now. I don't know how many times I have to repeat that. I'm not saying he's been doing it since he rebuilt the band.

What's the point we're discussing? The fact that Axl seems to have given up and that he's collecting cash like crazy before he retires? I'm discussing that.

And I don't know about others, or you, but I just wish he could get his 2010 voice back. I said wish, not want. I couldn't care less about a new record with this line-up or any other line-up for that matter.

More of a brand than a band? Yes. The time for GNR to remain relevant is long gone. Ever since CD came out, they forever hold the label of "that band that could've been."

No lineup changes, reunion, box sets or releasing of old CD material will change that.

A reunion tour would make them quite relevant. Not in terms of a creative force in the current music biz, but it would be a hot topic and newsworthy.

Because they aren't even that now. They obviously aren't relevant as a creative force in today's music biz, but who even talks about them?

I can't be the only GNR fan who is asked by friends if they will ever get back together, and have no idea they are even still around in any incarnation.

A reunion tour would make them quite relevant. Not in terms of a creative force in the current music biz, but it would be a hot topic and newsworthy.

With Axl's current level of performance and commitment, the only news coming out of it would be how far he's fallen. Maybe some good press for a short time and then the jokes will start coming and interest will probably die.

With Axl's current level of performance and commitment, the only news coming out of it would be how far he's fallen. Maybe some good press for a short time and then the jokes will start coming and interest will probably die.

Its the elephant in the room, for sure. He'd be the weak link.

He's doing it for the money now. I don't know how many times I have to repeat that. I'm not saying he's been doing it since he rebuilt the band.

What's the point we're discussing? The fact that Axl seems to have given up and that he's collecting cash like crazy before he retires? I'm discussing that.

And I don't know about others, or you, but I just wish he could get his 2010 voice back. I said wish, not want. I couldn't care less about a new record with this line-up or any other line-up for that matter.

Yeah you're airing your grievances about Axl in general and I'm arguing the microscopic point that I'm right on which you questioned. Oh the folly. I think even now there's some ego and enjoying touring. Keeping GNR going and having that platform to release his songs and put out a GNR record. Having a successful tour or making money for everyone kind makes a new record more possible. He could possibly be tired of touring and the last tour was more of grind but it's a stretch to say just the money even now. Vegas probably makes the whole thing more viable but they wouldn't do it if it wasn't fun.

Maybe the next GN'R album will do what U2's did and come with the iPhone 7.

Imagine Tim Cook blaring Silkworms at their next press conference.

It would be great if Silkworms uploaded on everyones phone for free. Hard drive full of maggots. It would be a good way to kick off the "In it for the Money" 2015 Tour. Such a Killers rip off song with bland lyrics is sure to make the money roll right in.

What new record?

The one Axl is looking to release. The one he supposedly destroyed the old band to make for the money. The cash cow, the one only GNR money making machine, CD II.

Albums aren't money making machines for the artist.

There are CD leftovers, not a new album. And the industry doesn't want anything to do with it or Axl anymore. The nostalgic act is all that's left and he's content with that, it seems. Can't totally blame him for accepting that he's not the golden goose anymore. At least do it right, with the right guys.

• Like 1