Terminator Genisys

What a load of wank this franchise has turned into, more evidence in this trailer that they have turned the Terminators from ruthlessly efficient killing machines into dumbass robots whose first inclination upon meeting an enemy/target is to pick them up carefully and throw them away, before running after them to do the same thing again.

This is how it is done:

Terminator 1

As good as T2 was the rot had already set in. Teenage John Connor telling a Terminator he couldn't kill was bullshit.

It only gets worse from that point on.

T4 is just a fucking joke.

The T800 throws John Connor away multiple times instead of just snapping his neck or ripping his heart out.

This new one will be even worse.

• Like 1

i just miss the gritty apocalypse of t1 and the ruthlessness the terminators had, the series now is just a caricature of itself and is just too kiddy. this could be on the same level of bad as the new robocop.

• Like 1

When do the rights return to Cameron?

Hopefully he will give us another proper Terminator movie.

Rated R or 18's or whatever. Terminators that kill given the first opportunity.

It's weird, the only decent Terminator show since T2 was the Sarah Connor Chronicles. It actually had some decent ideas and Summer Glau as a "female" Terminator having a weird relationship with John was creepy as fuck.

The idea of two competing versions of Skynet was also intriguing.

It's weird, the only decent Terminator show since T2 was the Sarah Connor Chronicles. It actually had some decent ideas and Summer Glau as a "female" Terminator having a weird relationship with John was creepy as fuck.

I've never watched the Sarah Connor Chrinicles. Worthwhile?

I've never watched the Sarah Connor Chrinicles. Worthwhile?

Definitely. The actress that plays Cersei in GOT plays Sarah Conner and she kicks ass.

Summer Glau as the female Terminator is brilliant, very unnerving to watch her interact with John. When you find out her backstory it makes it even more disturbing.

The other Terminators are also very good and the actors do a really good job. I'd say the various Terminators in it are better than any of the ones from the movies post T2.

The ideas that are explored are also very interesting and add a lot to the overall story.

Saying all of that, it is not perfect. The first season is slow to get going but season 2 is really good. The ending will make you wonder what the fuck Fox were thinking in cancelling it.

Why none of you can spell ConnOr the way it is?

Wasn't looking forward to this in the first place and that trailer managed to make me less interested.

This might be a dumb question, but how are they going to address the fact that Arnold looks old as hell?

The living tissue ages.
Well yeah, but the original skin has been destroyed several times, no?
Different terminator each time. Have you not seen the other movies Russell dear? :lol:I have, yeah. I don't know them super well, but I've seen them. I guess I'm just thinkin it would be a new, fresh skin each time. Wouldn't it?The old Arny Terminator is one that was sent back to protect Sarah Connor at age 9.

Originally, I agreed with one post here about how ridiculous the Kyle Reece in this new movie is healthy and musclebound. But then I remembered Cameron wanted Arnold to play Reece in the original, and Lance Hendricksen auditioned for the part of the Terminator. I'm glad it turned out the other way.

Not sure I'm going to see this one. T1 and T2 are it for me in the franchise.

So is there going to be a shoehorned in explanation as to why the unaging Terminator looks 60 years old?

It's been asked and answered all over more times than I've cared to read.

Well I haven't been extensively keeping up with the fifth installment in a series that went to shit 12 years ago, apologies.

So what's the explanation?

So is there going to be a shoehorned in explanation as to why the unaging Terminator looks 60 years old?

It's been asked and answered all over more times than I've cared to read.

Well I haven't been extensively keeping up with the fifth installment in a series that went to shit 12 years ago, apologies.

So what's the explanation?

Go back a page.

The skin of a terminator is alive, in T1, the machine started to have a bad smell because of his injuries, as a normal person should be already dead with a skin in those conditions. The terminator from T2 was older, it's obvious since the movie was made years after the first one, and nobody asked for explanations? :/

The terminator from this movie is with Sarah since she was a child, so he got old as she grown up

The skin of a terminator is alive, in T1, the machine started to have a bad smell because of his injuries, as a normal person should be already dead with a skin in those conditions. The terminator from T2 was older, it's obvious since the movie was made years after the first one, and nobody asked for explanations? :/

The terminator from this movie is with Sarah since she was a child, so he got old as she grown up

"Hey buddy - you got a dead cat in there or what?"

"Fuck you, asshole."

And with that classic exchange, even the first movie acknowledge that the skin tissue of a Terminator is very much living. So yes, I agree with this post. It's one of the things that the new film got right and it seems that they at least wrote an appropriate part for the real Arnold.

• Like 2

As good as T2 was the rot had already set in. Teenage John Connor telling a Terminator he couldn't kill was bullshit.

I didn't mind that, it made sense. What I didn't like was how the Terminator didn't immediately kill everyone in the biker bar at the start like the original Terminator would have.