Terminator Genisys

Right after watching The Terminator in '84, me and a friend of mine went searching for parts of the costume. We actually found the exact shirt Arnold took off one of the punks at the beginning, in a Hollywood Blvd shop. Ray made the mistake of washing it once, and that was it for that piece of collectible!

We also tracked down the Gargoyles at a Sunglass Hut at the Del Amo Fashion Center. When we found out they were 50 bucks, we debated buying them for two hours.

My friend Ray strolled down Hollywood Blvd in Halloween '85 dressed as The Terminator, complete with a realistic looking Uzi water gun. (Try doing that today!)

We went to a Fangoria convention with Ray dress as the T1. From across the room, the makeup job I did on him really impressed Tom Savini. Then he got very close up and said..."Aw man, this is just cardboard and masking tape!" And he walked off! Hey dude, it fooled you from 15 feet away!

1znpjls.jpg
  • Like 3

Right after watching The Terminator in '84, me and a friend of mine went searching for parts of the costume. We actually found the exact shirt Arnold took off one of the punks at the beginning, in a Hollywood Blvd shop. Ray made the mistake of washing it once, and that was it for that piece of collectible!
We also tracked down the Gargoyles at a Sunglass Hut at the Del Amo Fashion Center. When we found out they were 50 bucks, we debated buying them for two hours.
My friend Ray strolled down Hollywood Blvd in Halloween '85 dressed as The Terminator, complete with a realistic looking Uzi water gun. (Try doing that today!)
We went to a Fangoria convention with Ray dress as the T1. From across the room, the makeup job I did on him really impressed Tom Savini. Then he got very close up and said..."Aw man, this is just cardboard and masking tape!" And he walked off! Hey dude, it fooled you from 15 feet away!
1znpjls.jpg

Its time to make the same and in 2015... :lol: (why not)

• Like 1

We had a guy called John Connor in school. Every single time he was out sick and some teacher asked where he was the reply was "Sir/Miss the Terminator got him!" :lol:

I'd forgotton that when we went to college, on the first day we had lab work, he nearly lost his shit when we found out that the entire college network was called SkyNet. :lol:

He was all like - "Jesus Christ man, this is starting to creep me out!" :lol:

• Like 1

spoilers from someone who saw it:

• The guy playing John Connor actually does a really good job. There's a great scene when he goes back and meets Sarah for the first time and cupcakes her with the line "I can’t be bargained with, I don’t feel pity or fear" with a big smug grin on his face.

• Arnie isn't in it as much as much as I thought he'd be. He's only in around 40-50% of the movie. Every scene with him in is better though. And the old T-800 vs 1984 T-800 fight is really fun. The CGI isn't anything special, unless you're comparing it to Salvation Arnie, in which case it's a masterpiece.

• The stupid bus flip from the trailer? That's from a big chase scene when John Connor is hunting down Sarah & Kyle. John just does this weird arm flick whilst driving the bus and the whole bus flips. It's pretty dumb.

• The future war scenes are easily the best, especially the "time weapon" stuff. There's even a brief early future war scene with child Kyle & John.

• The movie ends with Kyle and Sarah having a baby girl.

• There is an after-credits scene setting up the next movie. You see John Connor in a hospital laughing maniacally (even though he was killed in the movie), then he morphs into the T-1000, then Sarah, Arnie and ends on Matt Smith. He is only in one other scene in the movie as the scientist/resistance member who helps John send Kyle back in the future. So I guess he's the big bad in the next movie, assuming this one doesn't tank.
So John Connor is made into a villain and killed off, and presumably will be replaced as the protagonist by the new daughter of Sarah Connor. How fucking shit is that.
Edited by bacardimayne

The best thing this film has going for it is its tone.

They've nailed the "Cameron look." The deep blacks and the cobalt blues. The 1984 segment particularly, is visually consistent with T1.

http://www.theterminatorfans.com/exclusive-terminator-genisys-to-visually-re-create-look-and-feel-of-cameron-movies/

Incidentally, the cinematography was my favorite part of Terminator Salvation.

• Like 1