Terminator Genisys

Meh, the nuke shot is cool. CGI with the T2- like terminator looks bad.

Doesn't help this thing is coming out in a year with Jurassic World, Bond 24, Avengers: Age of Ultron, and freaking Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Then you add all the "second tier" blockbusters like Fast and Furious 7, a new Mad Max, the final Hunger Games, Mission Impossible 5, Fantastic Four, and Ant Man.

Terminator should be bigger than a lot of these, but the last two entries have been considered to be lackluster. Salvation is even worse than lackluster, in fact, its downright forgettable. Even movies like Fast and Furious and Mission Impossible might have a bit more momentum because the last entries have been liked by fans. Ant Man has the advantage of being a Marvel movie, Hunger Games will make a lot because it has fans and is the finale, and Terminator won't come close to Star Wars or Avengers levels.

I can see this thing on par with Fantastic Four and Mad Max in terms of revenue since those seem to sort of be wild cards right now.

And to think at one time Batman Vs Superman, Independence Day 2, and Pirates 5 were rumored to come out in 2015 too.

EDIT- How stupid is this trailer for a trailer trend popping up?

Edited by ZoSoRose

Meh, the nuke shot is cool. CGI with the T2- like terminator looks bad.

Doesn't help this thing is coming out in a year with Jurassic World, Bond 24, Avengers: Age of Ultron, and freaking Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Then you add all the "second tier" blockbusters like Fast and Furious 7, a new Mad Max, the final Hunger Games, Mission Impossible 5, Fantastic Four, and Ant Man.

Terminator should be bigger than a lot of these, but the last two entries have been considered to be lackluster. Salvation is even worse than lackluster, in fact, its downright forgettable. Even movies like Fast and Furious and Mission Impossible might have a bit more momentum because the last entries have been liked by fans. Ant Man has the advantage of being a Marvel movie, Hunger Games will make a lot because it has fans and is the finale, and Terminator won't come close to Star Wars or Avengers levels.

I can see this thing on par with Fantastic Four and Mad Max in terms of revenue since those seem to sort of be wild cards right now.

And to think at one time Batman Vs Superman, Independence Day 2, and Pirates 5 were rumored to come out in 2015 too.

EDIT- How stupid is this trailer for a trailer trend popping up?

Yeah, this "trailer for a trailer" thing is pissing me off. I hope it doesn't become a thing.

i really dont know about this, that little clip with the t-1,000 cgi was pretty bad. i will watch it just because i love the first two but im more worried about this than the new jurrassic park.

I'm more worried about this. Mainly because I've had zero expectations for Jurassic World since day one.

The T-1000 somehow looks worse than the one in T2.

the t-1000 cgi doesn't actually look better. the problem is that nowadays it's ALL cgi. back then, they mixed cgi with practical effects. it made things more...tangible.

remember when he gets splattered by sarah's shotgun in the factory at the end of T2 and morphs into a crazy disturbing multi-limbed freak with his head hanging off his torso? nowadays, that'd be done by CGI -- and the human eye can detect the difference between practical effects and cgi. when it's the latter, it inherently loses some of its realism, and thus, ability to convince.

that said, i think the new terminator looks cool, and it seems they've come up with a clever spin on the premise.