Terminator Genisys

I think Im going to watch T3 or Salvation tonight.

I just have a vibe this next one is going to be worse so I might as well give Salvation another go (it'll probably still be dissapointing)

I actually enjoy T3 despite its shortcomings. Still only seen Salvation once.

T3's ballsy ending redeems it somewhat.

T4's sackless ending neuters the whole film.

I just have a vibe this next one is going to be worse so I might as well give Salvation another go (it'll probably still be dissapointing)

It was more than just the ending of T3 though - I liked the whole concept that Judgement Day couldn't ever be stopped, only delayed.

It was more than just the ending of T3 though - I liked the whole concept that Judgement Day couldn't ever be stopped, only delayed.

i really liked that as well, and the last part of the movie where the realization hits and you finally see judgement day with the missiles firing was cool, but everything leading up to that was awful IMO.

this looks like utter shit, all the actors look way out of place and not what you would expect in a terminator movie. i mean come on....

154500_10152829413359701_654166140111194

nice gun :lol: looks like someone took the design of a paintball gun or super soaker and put a "futuristic

paint job on it.

Edited by bran

i really liked that as well, and the last part of the movie where the realization hits and you finally see judgement day with the missiles firing was cool, but everything leading up to that was awful IMO.

this looks like utter shit, all the actors look way out of place and not what you would expect in a terminator movie. i mean come on....

nice gun :lol: looks like someone took the design of a paintball gun or super soaker and put a "futuristic

paint job on it.

It all looks very clean and shiny doesn't it? Urrgh!

I had already lowered my expectations when Jai Courtney was cast. The guy is terrible. Seeing these pictures made me lower them even more. The plot sounds okay but I do not have high hopes. Arnold looks good age-wise but this doesn't scream "The Terminator is back" to me. I'll see it with very low expectations and hope for the best.

paint job on it.

It all looks very clean and shiny doesn't it? Urrgh!

T3's ending was awesome

Salvation dissapointed me so much. I wanted to see the war, instead I got some stupid ass plot about a machine/human asshole

It's a flame unit from Aliens?

What a gay picture, he may as well have the weapon turned on it's side and his tongue poking out...at least handle the thing like it's a real weapon, douchebag.

That Doctor Who guy does not look like a soldier at all.

Edited by DR DOOM

this is going to surprise everyone when it ends up being good. you can come back to this post and mock me if i'm wrong.

that said, i, too, dislike jai courtney. he's a black hole of charisma.

I hope, really really hope, that you are the one gloating when this is released.

• Like 1

the reasons i think it will be good:

megan ellison and her brother bought the rights, and they've been recognized for developing artistic/indie projects, even when they seem destined to be financial failures. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/8e4526e0-995b-11e3-b3a2-00144feab7de.html#axzz3I9HzL72t

and while actors always compliment whatever the latest film they're putting out is, it's been getting pretty rave comments from arnold and jk simmons (i'd probably trust the latter more than the former), and the secrecy of the whole thing - and the fact that they're tying it into the first two and ignoring the third and fourth - indicates to me that they're really going after the original formula.

that said, yeah, this photoshoot was awful. but i don't think everybody realizes that's what it was -- just a photoshoot and not actual stills from the movie.

i do like jason clarke and it'll be cool to see arnie back either way, but i have this weird feeling it's gonna end up being a clever action thriller.

Skeleton plot outlines and spoilers have already began popping up among the interweb. It worries me because I apparently know quite a bit about this movie and the ad campaign is only in its infancy. This is probably going to be a very controversial movie in as far as it redirects Terminator mythology, but put me down with ER for having a good feeling that it is going to surprise everyone in terms of quality.

Maybe it's because the film is going to resurrect so many familiar motifs, settings and characters, but what I'm expecting will feel like a Terminator film. They're being very coy about the main villain though...and there's good reason for that...

Edited by appetite4illusions

the reasons i think it will be good:

megan ellison and her brother bought the rights, and they've been recognized for developing artistic/indie projects, even when they seem destined to be financial failures. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/8e4526e0-995b-11e3-b3a2-00144feab7de.html#axzz3I9HzL72t

and while actors always compliment whatever the latest film they're putting out is, it's been getting pretty rave comments from arnold and jk simmons (i'd probably trust the latter more than the former), and the secrecy of the whole thing - and the fact that they're tying it into the first two and ignoring the third and fourth - indicates to me that they're really going after the original formula.

that said, yeah, this photoshoot was awful. but i don't think everybody realizes that's what it was -- just a photoshoot and not actual stills from the movie.

i do like jason clarke and it'll be cool to see arnie back either way, but i have this weird feeling it's gonna end up being a clever action thriller.

Ellison is a point in the pro column, but you can never trust actors on their own projects (FFS, Downey Jr called The Judge the best thing he'd ever done) and the plot spoilers are varying levels of mortifying. I really hope you prove us wrong, though. ;)

• 3 weeks later...