Terminator Genisys

Those spoilers sound fucking terrible. And how in the hell did EW take such a shit pic of the ravishing Emilia Clarke in the first place, let alone decide it would do for the cover?

Edit: Jesus Christ, the alternate cover is even worse. Apparently, this time the robots aren't just out to kill you, they're going to grin maniacally while they photobomb the shit out of you first! Is the PG-13 rating really hard enough for that kind of action!?!

t5_zps2dd10f6f.jpg

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 1

This looks so bad it makes me want to see Terminator Salvation for the first time since I saw it in the cinema.

Speaking of, I wish they had the balls to go through with the original ending of that. At the very least it would have been daring.

http://www.chud.com/19577/exclusive-what-went-wrong-with-terminator-salvation/

Edited by Amir
  • Like 1

i'd love to have a stab at writing a Terminator screenplay.

First damn thing is it would have to be Rated R.

The story needs to get back to relentless killing machine that was T1.

I'm talking Terminators ripping hearts out of chests. Ruthless efficiency.

But also explore the fact that it's chip has the capacity to learn. This doesn't have to mean it suddenly cares one iota about mankind but there is definitely a philosophical thread that could be explored there along the lines of Blade Runner.

And I liked how Myles Dyson's character had a real admiration for the Terminators design...there was almost a certain beauty to it. Beautiful but terrifying.

There is almost a mirror image of man in there...our capacity for horrific murder and brutality.

And John Connor as a character needs a serious fucking overhaul. John Connor, the leader of the resistance would have to be every bit as ruthless and efficient a killer as the Terminator in order to overcome them. That's worth exploring, does winning for the resistance mean losing our very humanity? Look at John in the future scenes that we have seen - look at how he scans the battlefield....his movements are identical to a Terminator. Cold, clinical, calculating.

Fuck Hollywood that's all I can say.

• Like 2

I think Im going to watch T3 or Salvation tonight.

I just have a vibe this next one is going to be worse so I might as well give Salvation another go (it'll probably still be dissapointing)

I actually enjoy T3 despite its shortcomings. Still only seen Salvation once.