Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War (PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS FOR THE FIRST WEEK)

Nosaj Thing

I will leave my review later but for a dead technology, 3D is very strong in this movie.  I couldn't pre-order tickets for Infinity War unless I choose 3D so went ahead with that, and although I was a bit uncomfortable, I truly enjoyed it in 3D.  One of the best experiences I have had.  Movie left me very mixed feelings.

8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

For those of you who have both seen the film and have also read the original Infinity Gauntlet comic from 1991:

would you say that the spoilers in this film are still surprising, even if you're already familiar with the comic version of this story?

i might see the movie tomorrow, if I have time

I have the comics (the entire series, not just the first comic that gets all the attention), and have seen the film twice.

While I called quite a bit that happened in the film (because of the comics), I was truly shocked and surprised at other moments. The film retains the spirit of the comics, all while telling it's own story. It's quite an amazing accomplishment imo. I don't want to spoil anything, but if you have read the comics you will see certain things coming. But you will also be genuinely surprised at other moments.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Help!!

How do you do the spoiler tag on mobile? I can't figure it out. 

There’s a button, not sure which one since I’m on mobile, but you can also do [ spoiler ] spoiler and then [ /spoiler ]. 

Without the spaces of course. 

Edited by luciusfunk

On 2018-04-29 at 9:30 AM, Iron MikeyJ said:

Help!!

How do you do the spoiler tag on mobile? I can't figure it out. 

Below the italicized buttons there's a button that looks like a dark eye.  Click on it and a spoiler box will pop open.

I thought the movie was good, can't say that it was my favorite Marvel film though. Thought everyone got decent screentime. Only major complaint from me was that the Hulk was barely in it, which kills me inside. Thanos was an amazing villian who's story actually moved me. Thought they did a great job integrating the universes together and captured each of the respective series' style and/or humour well.

Spoiler

I agree with @downzy that knowing that there will be more sequels for the "dead" characters killed the moment. Plus, there is no logistically real way that Marvel would've killed off every one of those characters. We know there will be a new Spiderman, Guardians 3, very sure there will be another Black Panther. However most casual fans don't know this and as such I do respect Marvel for shocking a majority of it's audience. 

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

On mobile? I don't see that.

On 4/29/2018 at 2:16 PM, luciusfunk said:

There’s a button, not sure which one since I’m on mobile, but you can also do [ spoiler ] spoiler and then [ /spoiler ]. 

Without the spaces of course. 

2 hours ago, Amir said:

I love John Williams' scores for the prequels, especially ROTS.

You might have a point, but I probably wasn't even paying attention to the score due to all the visual suck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw it in 3D with my daughters  this past weekend and thought it was very entertaining. I am not a super hero fan so have no idea who most of the super heroes in this flick were but love the Guardians of the Galaxy movies so that made me enjoy it more........

On 4/30/2018 at 11:07 PM, downzy said:

Josh Brolin did a great job with Thanos, but maybe it was just me but the whole time Thanos on screen I kept having to remind myself that he wasn't played by Ron Perlman:

220px-Ron_Perlman_2016.jpg

Was totally on my mind too. It’s the size of the head. Pearl man has a yuuuge dome. Maybe the biggest in the biz. Interestingly enough I can remember seeing the first Hellboy and thinking that they sure made Pearlman look like Ted Danson. h6BA2D0B7

Edited by appetite4illusions
Ted Danson

Saw it last night. Very good villain. Bold ending. Acting was great all around. Top 5 hero characters for me would have to be Scarlet Witch, Spiderman, Thor, Rocket, and Gamora.

With that being said, while I liked Thor in this one, I felt the movie itself coulda treated the events of Ragnarok with a little more "respect," if you get what I mean.

also, one character that I highly, highly disliked was Starlord/ Peter Quil. Something about him felt very, very off in this one.

i liked how the story was structured/edited like a comic book (and not in a cheesy way like the 2003 Hulk or Batman v Superman). The cost there however is that it's flat-out impossible to be able to follow along with this movie without having seen most of the other 18 films in this universe.

also, I feel like some of the events/motives could've used a little more justification.

so overall: decent movie. Not bad, not great, but different (and mostly in a good way). I give it like a 3.75/5, and rank it currently at #9 out of all 19 MCU films.

Edited by rocknroll41