An Idea ?

Guys, I think it's time to take drastic actions regarding GN'R.We need a f***** new album and the band must realise that we (diehard fans that stuck tru the darkest periods) have been losing faith (or have already lost it).

My suggestion is to write a letter to Fernando directly (not to Axl like last time) and tell him that 6 years are a long time without Music ! I'm sure he will understand, he knows which impact the forum has.I'm not trying to be a hater is just I still need a little bit of hope if I want to stay a GNR fan I know it's hard ...but you guys get me ?

Should the forum write a letter to Fernando ?

Guys, I think it's time to take drastic actions regarding GN'R.We need a f***** new album and the band must realise that we (diehard fans that stuck tru the darkest periods) have been losing faith (or have already lost it).

My suggestion is to write a letter to Fernando directly (not to Axl like last time) and tell him that 6 years are a long time without Music ! I'm sure he will understand, he knows which impact the forum has.I'm not trying to be a hater is just I still need a little bit of hope if I want to stay a GNR fan I know it's hard ...but you guys get me ?

Should the forum write a letter to Fernando ?

A letter to Fernando....LOL. He's part of the problem not the solution. Fernando/TB (the maid service)- why a letter to them again?

I think we are a pain in the arse. Consider the fact that newgnr operates like some sort of censorship bubble, people like Team Brazil and Del going extraordinary lengths to shield their master. Fans are outside this bubble. Fans dare to ask inconvenient questions like, ''where is our new fuckin album?'' (shock, horror that fans, desire, albums!!!). We ask questions which could potentially anger the ginger toddler.

Consider the fact that, even before new gnr, Axl had a very poor opinion of free speech and freedom of action. This was a guy who, on the Illusion tour, was getting journalists to sign up to 'gagging orders'. This was a guy who wrote one of the most childish rants at the press and inserted it into a shitty song. This was a guy who once threw himself into the crowd like an idiot because - the horror of it!! - somebody, was, taking, photographs. Axl for some reason wants people to suck his dick all the time and cannot stand criticism. That is why he has shielded himself with Del and a Brazilian family, and these people constantly run around all day trying to do things which will please him.

So we are simply a colossal pain in the arse. We are, 'complaints, complaints, complaints' to them. I suppose their ideal (of a fan) is for us to pay $100 on a Vegas ticket; rawk out to the hits; come back to jarmo's and go ''jee whiz, golly gosh, that sure was a super duper show''; and repeat the process the following year, i.e. no clamoring for albums, no voice or setlist complaints. I mean they, Beta etc, do not even bother to post on Jarmo's so they are going to love us haha.

• Like 4

Try the reverse situation. Beg them to NOT release an album. Tell them the concerts are amazing and you can't wait to hear the new detuned version of SCOM. They'd have a conflict on their hands then. "Hmm, I'd like to tell Axl to go out there and make more money for my family and let us tour thw world on his dime but the fans want it. What to do?"

• Like 1

As long as there will be a majority of fans happy with the constant & blabant AFD milking and hiatus on releasing new music, we won't get anything.

As long as there will be a majority of fans happy with Axl being out of shape, out of breath and needing 10 gigs to have a decent voice, there will be no change.

As long as the tweets and comments on GNR social media will be filled with "Axel your the best" or "come to brazil we loves you" , they will never feel it's time to change anything.

What they need is a massive negative response to an eventual new AFD+3 CD songs tour.

Of course the chance that Axl will go hiding in his garden shed is immense, but the guy needs to get his ass kicked in the studio once and for all.

If he truly does not owe us anything, they he should just retire, because he does not seem to enjoy being on stage anymore. If he did, he would do the best he could to sound and look good.

No. These people hold the fanbase with complete contempt. It would just make us look like idiots.

Yup. At this point, I can't say I'm feeling any differently toward them. Maybe not contempt but definitely... meh.

Edited by combos

I think we are a pain in the arse. Consider the fact that newgnr operates like some sort of censorship bubble

"New" GNR is a fucking delusion. All of us 172 "fans" who are scattered around the internet like little nerdy ants, dwelling in the corners of nowhere are still....STILL under the idea that this is a real band. It's not. It's a cover band which tours over and over and over again playing old songs to drunken dude bros who just want to drink some beer and hear SCOM. Those are the people who pay their bills now and that's ALL "new" GNR is.

I think we should all just accept this and move on. I love real GNR and I will always throw those records on and watch those old concerts on Youtube, but the shit is OVER.

• Like 1

I think we are a pain in the arse. Consider the fact that newgnr operates like some sort of censorship bubble

"New" GNR is a fucking delusion. All of us 172 "fans" who are scattered around the internet like little nerdy ants, dwelling in the corners of nowhere are still....STILL under the idea that this is a real band. It's not. It's a cover band which tours over and over and over again playing old songs to drunken dude bros who just want to drink some beer and hear SCOM. Those are the people who pay their bills now and that's ALL "new" GNR is.

I think we should all just accept this and move on. I love real GNR and I will always throw those records on and watch those old concerts on Youtube, but the shit is OVER.

You are correct. There is still a side of me which wishes he would get the cd leftovers out, but I cannot deny, you are correct. I think we are deluding ourselves to say it was not over after 1993 to be honest. I mean I say this as someone who got carried away around 1999-2002, thinking Axl had this 'trilogy' of masterpieces. it was all a con at the end of the day - and it has been exposed for being vacuous as it always was.

• Like 2

"Con" assumes that Axl consciously tried to fool us. Whatever has happened, I am sure Axl was honest about his intentions. And when he still says he wants to release more music, I believe him. I just hope people have wised up to the fact that his intentions doesn't always materialize in products in a timely fashion, and that he is as much a victim of his own personality as we are. Hopefulyl he will get on the upswing again soon, and he will make another effort at giving us new music. I think it will happen, because looking at history, he might not deliever on time but it comes here in the end. I am not saying I KNOW he hasn't thrown in the towel, just that I am not too worried since we have had periods like this before. Always hope, never expect.