Stuffed Husky!

*shudder* That's fairly creepy. I've heard of other people doing that but it's never made sense to me...let the poor animal rest in peace. That would be the famous Mojo, I presume? I know the dog lived a long time and Axl loved him, but still...let the dog rest in peace. How could anyone live with their dead dog staring at them every day that way?

The posts in this thread are pretty insensitive. This is the dude's family member and there is nothing wrong with wanting to keep that family member around in some way, especially when it is possible.

Don't talk bad about a man's dog. That's crossing the line.

If the dude saw this thread, I can imagine it would bring up a lot of emotions.

• Like 1

This is the dude's family member and there is nothing wrong with wanting to keep that family member around in some way, especially when it is possible.

I think that is exactly why people find it creepy. We have all seen stuffed animals in museums or as hunting trophies, but it's not something you would do to a family member (unless you are Norman Bates).

The posts in this thread are pretty insensitive. This is the dude's family member and there is nothing wrong with wanting to keep that family member around in some way, especially when it is possible.

I think it's just this particular method of "keeping a family member around" that so many find creepy. I'm sure that many of us have mementos and memorials in our lives to lost loved ones - maybe even an urn of ashes from a beloved family member, or something that belonged to them, et al. We've just passed Dia de los Muertos, and many constructed altars for lost family members and friends over the weekend. We can all understand the magnitude of loss. However...if you loved a family member wouldn't you want them to rest in peace, with dignity? Or would you want to look at their preserved corpse in your house every day?