the 10 BEST Guns N' Roses SONGS

A big one for me is, what else noteworthy has he created? before or since? How do his riffs and leads stack up in the grand scope of rock?

For me, there's nothing there that can keep him above the waterline.

There is nothing before or since. Just chinese but I think someone will disagree lol

A big one for me is, what else noteworthy has he created? before or since? How do his riffs and leads stack up in the grand scope of rock?

Nothing, it's a valid point. I do think it can change cause he's working on his solo album and if Axl will ever release CD ll we might have more to listen to and judge.

Nothing, it's a valid point. I do think it can change cause he's working on his solo album and if Axl will ever release CD ll we might have more to listen to and judge.

Chances are there's some decent stuff that's not released yet. Better than Ashba's work with Sixx AM? who knows. I hear him on stuff like this, and it's like he never gets out of 2nd gear when the intensity of the song calls for more.

Bucket is also on the 2nd one.

Edited by moreblack

Chances are there's some decent stuff that's not released yet. Better than Ashba's work with Sixx AM? who knows. I hear him on stuff like this, and it's like he never gets out of 2nd gear when the intensity of the song calls for more.

Bucket is also on the 2nd one.

Yeah, in that first one could have done more with it. This is a solo spot he played with Guns that is cool, shows a few things he can do that sound very bluesy, sometimes more rhythm oriented and even a touch of exotic. Still some sour notes here and there but it sounds good for the most part imo. If you've heard it before, listen to it again:

Its hard to separate "best" from what my favorites are.

Best would be

November Rain

Dont Cry (original)

Civil War

WTTJ

Paradise City

SCOM

YCBM

Patience

Rocket Queen

Estranged

My favorites

Civil War

Rocket Queen

My Michelle

Think About You

Nightrain

Catcher In The Rye

RNDTH

Used To Love Her

Reckless Life

Crash Diet

Robin's late 2006-2007 solo is imo the best GN'R solo spot ever along with Richard's 2012-2013 solo

And of course the New Jersey one, it has a Jimmy Page vibe to it, similar in style, very cool:

Its hard to separate "best" from what my favorites are.

Best would be

November Rain

Dont Cry (original)

Civil War

WTTJ

Paradise City

SCOM

YCBM

Patience

Rocket Queen

Estranged

My favorites

Civil War

Rocket Queen

My Michelle

Think About You

Nightrain

Catcher In The Rye

RNDTH

Used To Love Her

Reckless Life

Crash Diet

I like your "best" list. ;)

Edited by Rovim

rovim - I guess im in the minority about my best gnr songs - its obvious the posters on mygnr are slash fans and not robin/bucket fans - when it is robin/bucket who do all great solos on chinese

and I love robin's new jersey solo - can slash do better? - post an example - I see robin's new jersey as cream pie with yummy cherries

and I know we haven't heard the best yet from robin on gnr cds - so I think we will hear even better robin songs on the next gnr cd

rovim - I guess im in the minority about my best gnr songs - its obvious the posters on mygnr are slash fans and not robin/bucket fans - when it is robin/bucket who do all great solos on chinese

and I love robin's new jersey solo - can slash do better? - post an example - I see robin's new jersey as cream pie with yummy cherries

and I know we haven't heard the best yet from robin on gnr cds - so I think we will hear even better robin songs on the next gnr cd

Robin said his favorite guitar moments are not even on Chinese, still unreleased, so it's very possible you might be correct about that.

Has nothing to do with Slash though. Slash just released an album full of great riffs and a lot of really cool solos. He's Slash. Robin is a different animal. I think Robin can't do what Slash is capable of and Slash can't do what Robin does.

rovim - I said it was about slash - because everytime I support robin - I get attacked - called a cupcake - but when so many still support slash - the same gang doesn't go on the attack

robin never really got the credit he deserves with gnr live or on the Chinese record and that sucks - yet everyone thinks world on fire is so marvelous and fantastic

but I haven't heard anything from slash on world fire that is as good or better than what robin does on Chinese democracy, better, sod, catcher, irs, twat, Madagascar, and my fav TIL

and has robin said anything publicly about his TIL solo? because that is my fav gnr solo - I really wanna know what robin thinks about his guitar work and solo on TIL

rovim - I said it was about slash - because everytime I support robin - I get attacked - called a cupcake - but when so many still support slash - the same gang doesn't go on the attack

robin never really got the credit he deserves with gnr live or on the Chinese record and that sucks - yet everyone thinks world on fire is so marvelous and fantastic

but I haven't heard anything from slash on world fire that is as good or better than what robin does on Chinese democracy, better, sod, catcher, irs, twat, Madagascar, and my fav TIL

and has robin said anything publicly about his TIL solo? because that is my fav gnr solo - I really wanna know what robin thinks about his guitar work and solo on TIL

Yeah, he talked about it in his ultimate guitar interview. The ultimate Robin Finck interview. Maybe his work will be more respected when there is more of it released.

I really like World On Fire. I agree nothing on there is as good as Robins work on Chinese, but there are some cool stuff there. I love Wicked Stone and Safari Inn for example.

Stop trolling and maybe people here will treat you better.

Edited by Rovim

Based on impact, influence and popularity (chart position is the key here), and not incorporating covers, I would go,

1/ SCOM (Their only US #1 and that intro which regularly tops 'top 100 riff' polls - similar with solo - scom has to be at number one).

2/ Jungle

3/ November Rain

4/ Paradise city

5/ Patience (#4 single in the US; #10 in the UK - Patience has to be there).

6/ Don't Cry

7/ You Could Be Mine

8/ Mr Brownstone

9/ Nightrain

10/ Estranged

I might be inclined to switch NR, more successful commercially, and Jungle around however Jungle has that, rock anthem quality which is why I have ranked it high. Estranged I feel is, too much of a 'fan favourite' as opposed to a genuine hit or recognizable anthem - it is a bit too, esoteric. Still it would sneak it in there. And for although they were not hit singles and possessed no videos, Brownstone and Nightrain are bona fide rock anthems and stalwarts of the GN'R setlist since they first appeared in the club days. Even the most casual of hard rock fans would know them so them two would sneak in there. Of course, if covers were included KOHD and LALD would be there (they were hit singles so, 'what do you do?').

swap out Brownstone for Civil War and there's your definitive list

Axl didn't even bother playing civil war until 2011, yet, if he dropped Brownstone it would be noticeable. Brownstone has been a must play since day one.

I'm only going by your criteria of impact, influence and popularity and basically just listing their hit singles

Civil War is a radio staple and has been for decades. It was a co-single with You Could Be Mine.

And btw, if they dropped Brownstone from the set, it would be a relief. It's long overstayed it's welcome and it is a huge, HUGE stretch to say that casual rock fans would know Brownstone and Nightrain. Maybe, possibly, Nightrain, but Brownstone? Nope.

If Mr Brownstone is a bonafide rock anthem, then I have a 12 inch cock...oh wait...

I disagree.

Based on impact, influence and popularity (chart position is the key here), and not incorporating covers, I would go,

1/ SCOM (Their only US #1 and that intro which regularly tops 'top 100 riff' polls - similar with solo - scom has to be at number one).

2/ Jungle

3/ November Rain

4/ Paradise city

6/ Don't Cry

7/ You Could Be Mine

8/ Mr Brownstone

9/ Nightrain

10/ Estranged

I might be inclined to switch NR, more successful commercially, and Jungle around however Jungle has that, rock anthem quality which is why I have ranked it high. Estranged I feel is, too much of a 'fan favourite' as opposed to a genuine hit or recognizable anthem - it is a bit too, esoteric. Still it would sneak it in there. And for although they were not hit singles and possessed no videos, Brownstone and Nightrain are bona fide rock anthems and stalwarts of the GN'R setlist since they first appeared in the club days. Even the most casual of hard rock fans would know them so them two would sneak in there. Of course, if covers were included KOHD and LALD would be there (they were hit singles so, 'what do you do?').

Axl didn't even bother playing civil war until 2011, yet, if he dropped Brownstone it would be noticeable. Brownstone has been a must play since day one.

I'm only going by your criteria of impact, influence and popularity and basically just listing their hit singles

Civil War is a radio staple and has been for decades. It was a co-single with You Could Be Mine.

And btw, if they dropped Brownstone from the set, it would be a relief. It's long overstayed it's welcome and it is a huge, HUGE stretch to say that casual rock fans would know Brownstone and Nightrain. Maybe, possibly, Nightrain, but Brownstone? Nope.

If Mr Brownstone is a bonafide rock anthem, then I have a 12 inch cock...oh wait...

I disagree.

you disagree with your own criteria?!! so dementedz

oh wellz, time to get waystedz and highz then

Edited by Sixes

moreblack - I see robin's solo at gnr concert in nj as the best ever guitar solo spot live - and I want to know if slash ever had a better solo spot - because I don't think he has

and that tells me not only is robin a better recording studio guitar player than slash - but shows me robin is a better live guitar player than slash as well

You don't get attacked or called a cupcake for liking robin. You get attacked because you act like robin is the whole world and discredit everyone else.

who have I discredited - my posts don't discredit anyone - and acting like robin is the whole world is like acting like slash is the whole world

many think slash is still the whole world and you don't see me discrediting, attacking, or calling them cupcakes

so what I say about robin with guns n roses discussion shouldn't be discredited because if it wasn't for robin we wouldn't even have a new gnr cd out right now called Chinese democracy

and slash certainly had zero 0 to do with Chinese democracy coming out - slash wants boring and unimaginative generic rock records out like world on fire

The problem lies in CD's material not much of an impact. You gotta remember, GNR were the biggest band in the world. Even before UYI, and the crazy elaborate videos, and stadium tours, they already had the music world by the balls.

I see robin's solo at gnr concert in nj as the best ever guitar solo spot live

Oh nono, the best ever guitar solo spot is not found in anything to do with GNR.

2/ Jungle

3/ November Rain

4/ Paradise city

6/ Don't Cry

7/ You Could Be Mine

8/ Mr Brownstone

9/ Nightrain

10/ Estranged

I disagree.

you disagree with your own criteria?!! so dementedz

oh wellz, time to get waystedz and highz then

I disagree with Sixes assessment of Brownstone.

That guitar sound is amazing.

You can tell Slash was really happy with the awesome reception that solo spot got.

The solo itself sounds so confident musically. What a rare talent. I want that goldtop.

Edited by Rovim