the 10 BEST Guns N' Roses SONGS

nosajthing - in my objective passionate opinion the best gnr songs come from robin input like twat better and til

finck6-

Your opinion is subjective, not objective. You can love Robin Finck all you want, no one would or should be able to dispute that. However, a fact is a fact and what you said it simply isn't. Fact is, Gn'R songs that had Slash's input were, are and will be 10000x more popular than anything Finck has done in his entire life. Whether you like it or not.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

nosajthing - in my objective passionate opinion the best gnr songs come from robin input like twat better and til

finck6-

Your opinion is subjective, not objective. You can love Robin Finck all you want, no one would or should be able to dispute that. However, a fact is a fact and what you said it simply isn't. Fact is, Gn'R songs that had Slash's input were, are and will be 10000x more popular than anything Finck has done in his entire life. Whether you like it or not.

Still, the thread title says "10 best GN'R songs", not "most popular". Unless you think it is the same, I don't see what's the point of saying that the songs with Slash's input are the ones that "people still care about" (which is, indeed, a fact)

Still, the thread title says "10 best GN'R songs", not "most popular". Unless you think it is the same, I don't see what's the point of saying that the songs with Slash's input are the ones that "people still care about" (which is, indeed, a fact)

I think you missed the part where finck6 stated that TWAT, Better and TIL are the best GN'R songs that Slash could never dream of doing.

You gotta ask yourself what constitutes a "Best 10 Gn'R songs" list anyway.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Based on impact, influence and popularity (chart position is the key here), and not incorporating covers, I would go,

1/ SCOM (Their only US #1 and that intro which regularly tops 'top 100 riff' polls - similar with solo - scom has to be at number one).

2/ Jungle

3/ November Rain

4/ Paradise city

5/ Patience (#4 single in the US; #10 in the UK - Patience has to be there).

6/ Don't Cry

7/ You Could Be Mine

8/ Mr Brownstone

9/ Nightrain

10/ Estranged

I might be inclined to switch NR, more successful commercially, and Jungle around however Jungle has that, rock anthem quality which is why I have ranked it high. Estranged I feel is, too much of a 'fan favourite' as opposed to a genuine hit or recognizable anthem - it is a bit too, esoteric. Still it would sneak it in there. And for although they were not hit singles and possessed no videos, Brownstone and Nightrain are bona fide rock anthems and stalwarts of the GN'R setlist since they first appeared in the club days. Even the most casual of hard rock fans would know them so them two would sneak in there. Of course, if covers were included KOHD and LALD would be there (they were hit singles so, 'what do you do?').

Based on impact, influence and popularity (chart position is the key here), and not incorporating covers, I would go,

1/ SCOM (Their only US #1 and that intro which regularly tops 'top 100 riff' polls - similar with solo - scom has to be at number one).

2/ Jungle

3/ November Rain

4/ Paradise city

6/ Don't Cry

7/ You Could Be Mine

8/ Mr Brownstone

9/ Nightrain

10/ Estranged

I might be inclined to switch NR, more successful commercially, and Jungle around however Jungle has that, rock anthem quality which is why I have ranked it high. Estranged I feel is, too much of a 'fan favourite' as opposed to a genuine hit or recognizable anthem - it is a bit too, esoteric. Still it would sneak it in there. And for although they were not hit singles and possessed no videos, Brownstone and Nightrain are bona fide rock anthems and stalwarts of the GN'R setlist since they first appeared in the club days. Even the most casual of hard rock fans would know them so them two would sneak in there. Of course, if covers were included KOHD and LALD would be there (they were hit singles so, 'what do you do?').

swap out Brownstone for Civil War and there's your definitive list

Shit. I forgot Patience.

Again: (in no particular order)

1. WTTJ

2. Paradise City

3. SCOM

4. Patience

5. November Rain

6. Estranged

7. You Could Be Mine

8. Civil War

9. Don't Cry (very important historically got the band signed and chicks dig)

10. Rocket Queen

Think I've nailed it.

2/ Jungle

3/ November Rain

4/ Paradise city

6/ Don't Cry

7/ You Could Be Mine

8/ Mr Brownstone

9/ Nightrain

10/ Estranged

Axl didn't even bother playing civil war until 2011, yet, if he dropped Brownstone it would be noticeable. Brownstone has been a must play since day one.

2/ Jungle

3/ November Rain

4/ Paradise city

6/ Don't Cry

7/ You Could Be Mine

8/ Mr Brownstone

9/ Nightrain

10/ Estranged

Axl didn't even bother playing civil war until 2011, yet, if he dropped Brownstone it would be noticeable. Brownstone has been a must play since day one.

I'm only going by your criteria of impact, influence and popularity and basically just listing their hit singles

Civil War is a radio staple and has been for decades. It was a co-single with You Could Be Mine.

And btw, if they dropped Brownstone from the set, it would be a relief. It's long overstayed it's welcome and it is a huge, HUGE stretch to say that casual rock fans would know Brownstone and Nightrain. Maybe, possibly, Nightrain, but Brownstone? Nope.

If Mr Brownstone is a bonafide rock anthem, then I have a 12 inch cock...oh wait...

Edited by Sixes

hey guys - I made my top ten BEST GNR SONGS based on Vocals and Guitar solos

based on that - I put TWAT - Better - TIL ahead of NR, SCOM, and Estranged because I believe Axl has better Vocals and Robin/Bucket have better Guitar solos

True story: his twitter handle is @RobinFinckSucks.

I find it pretty scary you would search for twitter handles when they have nothing to do with guns n roses discussion. should the police be called? internet protection be hired from stalkers?

I didn't search for it you dingus, you told everybody. And Robin Finck has a lot to do with this discussion.

My top ten GnR songs:

1- Estranged (The song that got me into GnR)

2- Welcome To The Jungle (Inexplicably not sick of it)

3- Dead Horse (THIS is what I want GnR to sound like)

4- Better (That super-heavy "I never wanted you to be so full of anger" section is the highlight of ChiDem for me)

5- It's So Easy (Great 80's L.A. style rock)

6- Breakdown (Great piano work; anytime I'm in the mood for GnR this is usually the one I play first)

7- This I Love (Fuck you, I like it)

8- Mr. Brownstone (Ol' "Popcorn" at his finest)

9- Civil War (It's just timeless)

10- Don't Damn Me (Axl's lyrics don't get much better than this)

• Like 1

I find it pretty scary you would search for twitter handles when they have nothing to do with guns n roses discussion. should the police be called? internet protection be hired from stalkers?

I didn't search for it you dingus, you told everybody. And Robin Finck has a lot to do with this discussion.

My top ten GnR songs:

1- Estranged (The song that got me into GnR)

2- Welcome To The Jungle (Inexplicably not sick of it)

3- Dead Horse (THIS is what I want GnR to sound like)

4- Better (That super-heavy "I never wanted you to be so full of anger" section is the highlight of ChiDem for me)

5- It's So Easy (Great 80's L.A. style rock)

6- Breakdown (Great piano work; anytime I'm in the mood for GnR this is usually the one I play first)

7- This I Love (Fuck you, I like it)

8- Mr. Brownstone (Ol' "Popcorn" at his finest)

9- Civil War (It's just timeless)

10- Don't Damn Me (Axl's lyrics don't get much better than this)

I can't argue with any of that, what a top ten.

Same thoughts with estranged, this I love and better

his twitter handle is not wrong.

Of course it is. There are many types of great guitar players. Not every guitar player will have everything you know...like chops for example. Robin doesn't have Slash's chops when it comes to rock guitar, and it's easy to mock Robin but in other areas he's great!

Very original, with a cool tone, and fine solos and he can write a song and can play many styles and it sounds genuine. From NIN to hard rock.

He shines in the studio and his work on Chinese is awesome imo. Live, sometimes he rocks and sometimes not so much, but he does seem to get lost in the music and my guess is he focuses only on the feel and not on how accurate he plays.

Not making excuses...I'm a guitar player and shitty bends are a big no no. Clean playing is very important, but in the end, it's about expression of emotion and what you have to say with the guitar and Robin's melodies and tone are enough for me to not mind his shortcomings. With This I Love he proved he can do the long screaming solos, his Better solo is perfect, and his There Was A Time solo is lyrical and says so much with very few notes with great tone.

Do you dislike all of his work on Chinese, or do you think there are redeeming factors here to consider?