GNR London 2012 On VH1 Classic

This recorded live show is just an unfortunate testimonial about the joke that Gn'R has become and Axl's odd voice deterioration since '11.

The last decently recorded live show that at least dignifies Axl's legenderay vocals imo is this one:

• Like 1

it will forever baffle me why they release something with Axl sounding like this, but the '06 footage stays locked in the vault.

Because he had TB now, a completely dilettant team. They maybe good for him as a family but managing a release...

all i can say is: lol

In the past most of the managers forced him for a reunion plus Axl is a "perfectionist" (aka a lazy sod)

Ehhhhh, I don't know how much I buy "TB doesn't know what they're doing!" as an answer to these things. Even the worst manager in the world would release a DVD that features the band kicking ass over one where they're struggling. It could also be that a chunk of the band (Brain, Robin and maybe Bumble) are gone.

Either that or they don't want to put Axl and the bands changes in the spotlight, '06 Axl being absolutely incredible and recently Axl being either rubbish or fairly good (the last shows of Vegas). Especially since the '12 release is somewhat in the spotlight at the moment.

Fair point, that could easily be the case too. Though I wonder why release anything (or even go on tour for that matter) if the band, and especially the front man, aren't in top shape.

it will forever baffle me why they release something with Axl sounding like this, but the '06 footage stays locked in the vault.

Because he had TB now, a completely dilettant team. They maybe good for him as a family but managing a release...

In the past most of the managers forced him for a reunion plus Axl is a "perfectionist" (aka a lazy sod)

Ehhhhh, I don't know how much I buy "TB doesn't know what they're doing!" as an answer to these things. Even the worst manager in the world would release a DVD that features the band kicking ass over one where they're struggling. It could also be that a chunk of the band (Brain, Robin and maybe Bumble) are gone.

Either that or they don't want to put Axl and the bands changes in the spotlight, '06 Axl being absolutely incredible and recently Axl being either rubbish or fairly good (the last shows of Vegas). Especially since the '12 release is somewhat in the spotlight at the moment.

They could have easily released a 2010 show. Its not like they dont film them all anyway. The bands the same and Axl sounded like he should.

• Like 1

Fair point, that could easily be the case too. Though I wonder why release anything (or even go on tour for that matter) if the band, and especially the front man, aren't in top shape.

Sounds like they're doing what Axl claims was done to him in 92, was it? Ah well, I'd rather see Axl in whatever form he's in, since 2001 it's been a different guy and a different voice every few years, than not at all.

This recorded live show is just an unfortunate testimonial about the joke that Gn'R has become and Axl's odd voice deterioration since '11.

The last decently recorded live show that at least dignifies Axl's legenderay vocals imo is this one:

We did manage to get an acoustic show pro shot a little later.

Sounds like they're doing what Axl claims was done to him in 92, was it? Ah well, I'd rather see Axl in whatever form he's in, since 2001 it's been a different guy and a different voice every few years, than not at all.

Yeah, and it's for this reason that I have not let go of hope that he can turn it around. After 2002 no one knew what the hell to expect, but then '06 happened, so we'll see.

Yeah, and it's for this reason that I have not let go of hope that he can turn it around. After 2002 no one knew what the hell to expect, but then '06 happened, so we'll see.

This is true. The start of the 2014 SA tour was like 01/02 all over again then halfway through the Vegas residency he was completely different... From rasp less to using more rasp than he's used in years. Wtf? lol

Wish I knew what caused the vocal change, it's clearly not weight. Maybe steroids? Who knows..

• 5 months later...