Be the Best You You Can Be (a thread for YOUR OWN philosophies).

Snake-Pit

Rovim, this is all just your opinion. Your opinion is not inherently, the truth. Science has not rendered deism fictitious. Evolution has not rendered Jesus's ministry fictitious. Arguably, the only book of the Bible that has been discredited by science is Genesis. A Christian of a fairly orthodox persuasion could say the reverse, why do you believe these lies, i.e. science, which is an insult against Jesus and his sacrifice? A Muslim could say, why do you insult the Prophet and the one true god, Allah? We all have different opinions, of which, neither is exactly proclaimed, 'the truth'.

My phyosophy right now , is "face your fears" . Im trying to convince myself as hard as i can to follow that .

I believe this as well, for those things where fear stops you from doing the things you want to do (i.e. I have a fear of jumping out of planes, but no real desire to do it, so not going to face that fear).

For me, it was about fears of driving in unfamiliar cities , using large power tools, fire. These fears were stopping me from doing some things I really wanted to do. I have done things to address these fears and will continue to do things. Each thing has helped me greatly.

• Like 1

Rovim, this is all just your opinion. Your opinion is not inherently, the truth. Science has not rendered deism fictitious. Evolution has not rendered Jesus's ministry fictitious. Arguably, the only book of the Bible that has been discredited by science is Genesis. A Christian of a fairly orthodox persuasion could say the reverse, why do you believe these lies, i.e. science, which is an insult against Jesus and his sacrifice? A Muslim could say, why do you insult the Prophet and the one true god, Allah? We all have different opinions, of which, neither is exactly proclaimed, 'the truth'.

"A christian of a fairly orthodox persuasion could say the reverse, why do you believe these lies, i.e. science". :rofl-lol:

How is that the same thing? So science is a lie? I guess a christian could say that, but he/she will be a fairly retarded christian.

The truth is god does not exist. Why are you trying to make it about me? I've explained my position in length in my previous posts. I have no desire to argue about what some religious cunt has to say about science, since science involves actually proving theories and not just fuckin' lie about it or blindly follow some existing lie cause that's the religion (lie) his family chose for him or some other bullshit.

Edited by Rovim

My phyosophy right now , is "face your fears" . Im trying to convince myself as hard as i can to follow that .

I believe this as well, for those things where fear stops you from doing the things you want to do (i.e. I have a fear of jumping out of planes, but no real desire to do it, so not going to face that fear).

For me, it was about fears of driving in unfamiliar cities , using large power tools, fire. These fears were stopping me from doing some things I really wanted to do. I have done things to address these fears and will continue to do things. Each thing has helped me greatly.

With me is also about facing certain truths ...

Science has not proven that deism does not exist.

Nor has it proven that the flying spaghetti monster does not exist.

We do not need to empirically explode the myth of, 'the, flying, spaghetti monster', since we know that spaghetti, pasta, consists of flour and water and does not belong to the kingdom, animalia.

• Like 1

The human race does not need religion! it needs to hang on to something bigger then itself maybe.

Isn't that the same as needing religion?

We've cured diseases, prolonged human lifespan, explored space etc, that's what I meant. Progress through science, inventions, and just human experience.

Why is religion indivisible from that?

I am quite sure I have no idea how the entire populous will react to the idea, which is really the truth, that there is no god. I can only hope that people will gradually let go of their bullshit beliefs as we discover more and more undeniable evidence of what is real and what is bullshit.

Why can't you just be tolerant? So somebody doesn't think the same way as you about how the world came about, so what, as long as they ain't harming you, whats the problem? You are talking about something that has been passed down over centuries and centuries, something people have died for, something that has informed and defined things like culture and art and human morality and, God, I'm supposed to sit here and in the framework of an internet post I'm supposed to encapsulate all the Christianity has offer the human race, it's impossible, it's just SOOO fuckin' immense.
So the question is, why would somebody care to listen to a kinda (forgive me for saying this) really ill-informed sounding arrogant person, 20 something years old right? Thats just basically mouthing off about thousands of years of human tradition and not really offering anything in it's place, just saying 'nah, just fuckin' sack it off', do you understand how ridiculous and silly that sounds and how it completely detracts from any semblence of a point you might have?

Of course it's not a jigsaw puzzle. The world changes slowly until it reaches a turning point which leads to another etc. I did say the very distant future.

Men need faith, always will, always have, everybody has an equivalent to religion in their life, thats everybody.

It's true religion have enriched and informed the human experience in a way nothing has, but that's because it is so powerful and vastly accepted. It has also caused a lot of suffering, instigated hate, and encouraged many people to judge others just because their belief system was different then their own.

Some lies have their own benefits. Successful lies that have been here for generations and were implemented so well will naturally have many, many benefits but it's still nothing compared to what we can achieve with open eyes and respect to logical thinking.

We can find a new way to connect as a society and help each other, but it will have it's price. It will take time and other resources, but a foundation of truth is always better then a lie that was created so long ago, and also because everything we've learned is not being fully used cause religious nutjobs won't allow it.

Hows this for a proposition, tomorrow someone says to you that OK, i can get rid of religion for you, i can set the wheels in motion and it 20 years time there will be no religion but the catch is the immense human tragedy of epic proportions, a very great deal of people will die in various conflicts etc before we can reach this religion-less utopia, which by the way, there is no guarantee will even function or being a kind of working system, what would your response be to that?

The human race does not need religion! it needs to hang on to something bigger then itself maybe.

Isn't that the same as needing religion?

We've cured diseases, prolonged human lifespan, explored space etc, that's what I meant. Progress through science, inventions, and just human experience.

Why is religion indivisible from that?

I am quite sure I have no idea how the entire populous will react to the idea, which is really the truth, that there is no god. I can only hope that people will gradually let go of their bullshit beliefs as we discover more and more undeniable evidence of what is real and what is bullshit.

Why can't you just be tolerant? So somebody doesn't think the same way as you about how the world came about, so what, as long as they ain't harming you, whats the problem? You are talking about something that has been passed down over centuries and centuries, something people have died for, something that has informed and defined things like culture and art and human morality and, God, I'm supposed to sit here and in the framework of an internet post I'm supposed to encapsulate all the Christianity has offer the human race, it's impossible, it's just SOOO fuckin' immense.
So the question is, why would somebody care to listen to a kinda (forgive me for saying this) really ill-informed sounding arrogant person, 20 something years old right? Thats just basically mouthing off about thousands of years of human tradition and not really offering anything in it's place, just saying 'nah, just fuckin' sack it off', do you understand how ridiculous and silly that sounds and how it completely detracts from any semblence of a point you might have?

Of course it's not a jigsaw puzzle. The world changes slowly until it reaches a turning point which leads to another etc. I did say the very distant future.

Men need faith, always will, always have, everybody has an equivalent to religion in their life, thats everybody.

It's true religion have enriched and informed the human experience in a way nothing has, but that's because it is so powerful and vastly accepted. It has also caused a lot of suffering, instigated hate, and encouraged many people to judge others just because their belief system was different then their own.

Some lies have their own benefits. Successful lies that have been here for generations and were implemented so well will naturally have many, many benefits but it's still nothing compared to what we can achieve with open eyes and respect to logical thinking.

We can find a new way to connect as a society and help each other, but it will have it's price. It will take time and other resources, but a foundation of truth is always better then a lie that was created so long ago, and also because everything we've learned is not being fully used cause religious nutjobs won't allow it.

Hows this for a proposition, tomorrow someone says to you that OK, i can get rid of religion for you, i can set the wheels in motion and it 20 years time there will be no religion but the catch is the immense human tragedy of epic proportions, a very great deal of people will die in various conflicts etc before we can reach this religion-less utopia, which by the way, there is no guarantee will even function or being a kind of working system, what would your response be to that?

I'm probably gonna sound like a cunt (which I am) but...this is horseshit. All of it. I'll try and explain why I think it's horseshit tomorrow. Very surprised to read this shit coming from you. :mellow:

Edited by Rovim

Science has not proven that deism does not exist.

Nor has it proven that the flying spaghetti monster does not exist.

We do not need to empirically explode the myth of, 'the, flying, spaghetti monster', since we know that spaghetti, pasta, consists of flour and water and does not belong to the kingdom, animalia.

You wouldn't understand. It's about more than just science. The great Tomato & Basil knows all. His al dente nature cannot be comprehended.

• Like 2

No, I don't...and it certainly wasn't directed at you. But my sentiment still stands.

Who the fuck does anyone, especially on a G N R forum, have the right....or the cognitive ability to down play, a quote from one of the Gospels?

People mock what they do not understand.

I'll mock anything I like...and no people don't mock what they don't understand, people mock everything and the day you fall off the fuckin' Jesus horse acting like you got a right to tell me what I can or what i can't make an offhand crack about is the day you make yourself look a dick.

People take the piss out of everything everywhere, in cars, in buses, walking down the street, on forums, in classrooms, all over the fuckin' place, it's called living in a free world and in free countrys and doesn't necessarily amount to a measure of disrespect towards the principle in question because, now wait for this cuz it's get complicated here, IT IS A JOKE.

See that word joke? As in not serious, not meant to be addressed seriously, humour.

Hey, weren't you calling a comedian a cunt recently cuz he was rich and well educated and he was making fun of the working class or something?

No, I don't...and it certainly wasn't directed at you. But my sentiment still stands.

Who the fuck does anyone, especially on a G N R forum, have the right....or the cognitive ability to down play, a quote from one of the Gospels?

People mock what they do not understand.

I'll mock anything I like...and no people don't mock what they don't understand, people mock everything and the day you fall off the fuckin' Jesus horse acting like you got a right to tell me what I can or what i can't make an offhand crack about is the day you make yourself look a dick.

People take the piss out of everything everywhere, in cars, in buses, walking down the street, on forums, in classrooms, all over the fuckin' place, it's called living in a free world and in free countrys and doesn't necessarily amount to a measure of disrespect towards the principle in question because, now wait for this cuz it's get complicated here, IT IS A JOKE.

See that word joke? As in not serious, not meant to be addressed seriously, humour.

Hey, weren't you calling a comedian a cunt recently cuz he was rich and well educated and he was making fun of the working class or something?

No, i was calling a comedian a cunt recently cuz he was rich and well educated and his comedy regarding the working class was not coming from a position of understanding them/it/the instances he was involved in satirising...which results in weak satire.