Rock In Rio USA

Yesterdaze

If you think about it though you could probably take 3-4 songs from CD and put them on a record of filler stuff.

Chi dem

Riad

SOD

Madagascar

You can throw some filler rock songs in there, make it to 10 songs.

Better

IRS

TWAT

Catcher

Enough for another record. Throw filler songs in there, a cover.

Shacklers

If the World

Prostitute

Again, throw some filler in with these songs.

Scraped

Sorry

This I Love

Sure I think Axl could have filled these albums up with basic songs and covers, instrumentals.

CD is the cream of the crop. I'm not hurting that much for the filler tracks.

Slash's material is solid, nothing brilliant, nothing rubbish, I don't really listen to it a lot apart from VR, I much prefer Axl but one guy has clearly moved on, the other is still stuck in a weird purgatory. Chinese Democracy was a brilliant Axl album for me, just wish he'd bit down and got on with it after that.

Edited by RandallFlagg
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Rock in Rio USA lineup (Rock Weekend):

May 8th: No Doubt, Maná, The Pretty Reckless, Foster The People, Gary Clark Jr., Bleachers, Saints of Valory

May 9th: Metallica, Linkin Park, Rise Against, Hollywood Undead, Deftones, Sepultura (feat. Steve Vai), Coheed & Cambria, Of Mice & Men

This lineup is nowhere as good as Rock in Rio 2013 lineup, that year had Iron Maiden, Slayer, Avenged Sevenfold, Viper and Helloween in one night and Metallica, Alice in Chains, Rob Zombie, Sebastian Bach, Sepultura and Dr. Sin in the other. Is anyone here going to Las Vegas for this festival?

Edited by blablabla123

Looks like a terrible lineup. I thought this show would have a few more modern acts and actually be a popular show.

Taylor Swift is playing in the other weekend, she's quite popular, but the lineup is not as strong as the past editions in Brazil.

Missed Taylor on there. I don't think she's anything special in terms of talent, but people sure do love her. So yea that's a huge name. I expected her, Kanye, Jake Bugg (although I don't think he'd come to the states for this) Hozier, and Coldplay are all pretty big right now.

I'm on a Springsteen forum and there was heavy talk at one point about him and The Stones headlining. Then it changed to a Bruce solo performance opening for The Stones. It now appears to have gone totally quiet on both acts.

Would be a great fit for GnR, the perfect setting to start a tour, debuting new material in the lead up to a single release in the Summer, and a new album in November. A 2010 performing Axl and you're on to a winner.

...See, its simple being a manger of this band!

I'm on a Springsteen forum and there was heavy talk at one point about him and The Stones headlining. Then it changed to a Bruce solo performance opening for The Stones. It now appears to have gone totally quiet on both acts.

Would be a great fit for GnR, the perfect setting to start a tour, debuting new material in the lead up to a single release in the Summer, and a new album in November. A 2010 performing Axl and you're on to a winner.

...See, its simple being a manger of this band!

Hey manager, how about you get your singer to rehearse before he starts up like the last Rock In Rio? ;)

I was watching a documentary about the first Rock in Rio 30 years ago. Now that was a crazy festival! And while I'm not a huge fan of many of the bands that played, it saddens me to see the crappy festivals of today and those short haired hipsters sounding like shit on stage pretending to be rock artists. Entire families covered in mud singing (or trying to sing) along with Freddie Mercury, Bruce Dickinson, Brian Johnson... All this happening in a very poor and politically fucked up country. RIR 2 and 3 were cool but the first one was just insane.

Edited by maynard

I'm not a fan of festivals ...

Festivals are one of those you either like or you don't. In my mind i love them having been to several in the UK. You know everyone there has something in comman with you and you can just go to the bar, and start up a conversation with a complete stranger about the music and have a good time.

Rock In Rio USA, in Vegas? - Why not call it it, Rock In Vegas?

Assuming BF has moved on from Gn'R, I can't see how Axl can perform, not unless BF hasn't moved on, or he gets Robin Finck back, or begs Slash for forgiveness.

Rock In Rio USA, in Vegas? - Why not call it it, Rock In Vegas?

Assuming BF has moved on from Gn'R, I can't see how Axl can perform, not unless BF hasn't moved on, or he gets Robin Finck back, or begs Slash for forgiveness.

I wish Axl would apologize to Slash too, maybe they could work together again on something... Too bad this won't happen. :(

Robin Finck probably won't join GNR ever again either.

Axl and Slash should just start their own band. Where they tour and it's Slash on accoustic guitar and Axl on vocals. No one else. Haha I guarantee it would be a success

Actually that'd be really cool. I'd pay to see that

The more I think about it, the better it gets. No more Mickey cause Axl would sing at a lower level. The guitar and voice would be isolated instead of in the mix so we would get this amazing clarity from two very talented musicians.

The playlist could be amazing!

Yea but people enjoy that Mumford band stuff, they would love some songs from Axl and Slash on acoustic. Nobody has a better voice than Axl when it cones to acoustic songs like on Lies. That was some of his best work. And the best part is that voice is very much intact!

He's 53! He needs to stop trying to be this rock n roll superstar. That's for another youngin to do. Axl did his part, he needs to make music that is suitable for his voice now. Acoustic unplugged shows would get him back to mainstream.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...