DJ Ashba "Certified Smashed" Guitar

Seriously though, this is total confirmation that there's nothing genuine or spontaneous about this fucker. He's so contrived and manufactured it's unbelievable. A battered Les Paul covered in fag burns might actually look cool because it's 30 years old and has a story and a hard life behind it.

You can't just buy one off the rack brand new and spend a couple of hours wanking yourself silly in a hotel room stubbing Marlboros out on it. Why does he just not get this? Also don't even get me started on the Tommy Lee wannabe "Havoc" tattoo ...............

WHAT!!!

A!!!

CUNT!!!

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

Can't believe the current highest bid is $1005. On what kind of planet that stupid person lives that he wants to pay more than $1000 for this shit?

dj-ashba-vs-slash_fb_440606.jpg
I put that together a long time ago. Glad to see its still out there, even if its in pieces

this represents the total antithesis of why i loved GN'R and what they stood for.

I don't mind Paul Stanley flogging smashed guitars. Selling everything they possibly can has always been part of KISS, their fans seem to love them for it, so more power to them.

But this really isn't Guns N' Roses.

I know it was never really the same after Slash left, but at least when Finck and Buckethead were on board it was an attempt at being something new. Ashba on the other hand is exactly like a member of the bands that GNR wished to be the opposite of, like Motley Crue and Poison.

Who would've guessed back in 1996 that Slash would eventually be replaced by a guy who's also the lead guitarist in Nikki Sixx's side project? It's like Bizarro GNR.

There were a couple of tracks on the last Sixx:AM album I thought were decent, but they were still rather generic rock. I find it really hard to believe that he's cooked up songs that sound like classic GNR.

Is that "Who the fuck needs Slash?" banner 'shopped? I sure hope so. I know taste is subjective and all, but what on earth has DJ produced that would make anyone consider him a better guitarist for Guns N' Roses than Slash? Again, with Finck and Bucket, they were so wildly different that you couldn't really make an objective comparison, but with DJ we're settling for Slash-lite. It's just a pissing contest among the "faithful" to prove who is most devoted to Axl by praising whoever is in the band today and spending obscene money on junk. I really think Axl is under-appreciated as an artist among music fans, but his decision in hiring DJ will baffle me forever it seems.

• Like 2

this represents the total antithesis of why i loved GN'R and what they stood for.

I don't mind Paul Stanley flogging smashed guitars. Selling everything they possibly can has always been part of KISS, their fans seem to love them for it, so more power to them.

Haven't been on this forum in a while it's good to see I haven't missed much. Axl's gone into hiding eating burritos and DJ is still being the same piece of shit.

In the messed up world of NuGNR I'm glad we can all unite for at least one thing and agree that this guy is a fucking joke.

I'll just leave this here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWsRy5FtWBM&list=UUcGjAymo3c_fTmPYa8C8GEA

Edited by JoePerry954

Usually when you sell shit like this, people buy it because they think it will increase in value. DJ could be on live national tv and spontaneously implode into his own sphincter and this smashed guitar would still be worthless.

Edited by Rustycage