Bumblefoot To Focus On Solo Career

Here we go:

Subsy, is Ron out ?

You trolling? Lol

It's the million dollar question but I believe so yes. Remember I broke that first and nobody gave it any credence at all... Inc MSL who said something along the lines of he's spoken to someone and he was definitely not going anywhere. As it stands, he's handed his notice in an Axl is aware BBF is out? 100% yes.

I didn't remember that. I apologize.

My guess is he is out, but trying to keep a foot in the door. Without a tour right now, it doesn't benefit either party to say he is out. If by the time touring comes Bumble and Axl reach an agreement, this way it won't be too awkward. We know there was a falling out during the South America Tour, Bumble handed his notice in, Axl accepted. However, this could all change in a year's time.

This is probably what's really happening.

He's already touring the UK at the same time, if a GNR tribute band wants him to join them for Shacklers or Catcher, I don't see the problem. He also gave 8 years of his life to the band, I don't mind if he uses the GNR name to promote his solo efforts.

• Like 1

Thal also revealed that he had been suffering from cancer. The guitarist underwent surgery in January to remove a cancerous tumor. It has subsequently been confirmed that he is cancer free. Speaking about the procedure, he noted:

"It was really a quick thing. I mean, it doesn't compare to people that really have it and really fought it. For me, I was lucky. It didn't spread, it didn't get worse. They cut it out and that's it. But, yeah, it happens. Sh-t happens."

Fucking hell man, glad he's in the all clear for now.

Another one bites the dust ... insert bass line...... the only ones who stick around are for money or brown nosers ... Axl created this situation ... awesome vision he had for gnr :huh:

good luck Ron you made the right choice if true , what went through your head when that emo girl tried to play lead ?

• Like 2

Anyone else suspect that Ron is pissed that Axl is more interested in working up and putting out the remainder of the CD-era material than collaborating with the current band on new material?

He is collaborating with vSOME guys from this line up

Ron is not one of them (which is a shame if DJ have parts on some songs instead of him)

Really annoying to keep getting these vague responses... if he's gone, why can't he just say so. Chris Broderick and Shawn Drover quit and made statements within a really short time span and from what I've heard Megadeth have a much tighter contract than Guns (guns is quite loose, Axl lets everybody do solo tours, work with other bands etc). I want one official statement to end all this back and forth. If he's out and his contract is up then I don't understand why he can't say so, I think he's still in but he is leaning towards leaving permanently and it all depends on how GnR management deal with him in regard to the new album he's just made... If they decide to tour at the same time as Bumble then there's no question... he's going to be out of the band. If they wait until summer to start touring Bumble could have the 1st leg or 2 of his own tour wrapped, promoted his new album sufficiently and may be happy enough to go out on the road to support the new GnR album/tour.

My only problem is that every other member of GnR has managed to have projects on the off-time with GnR, Richard and Dizzy have been on 3/4 tours made 2/3 EPS, DJ has made an album or 2 and managed to keep his fashion company ticking over... I think it's possible that Bumble is spreading himself thin on other projects and if he didn't do those he could run his solo career successfully alongside GnR. I mean how many times in the last 3 years has he traveled to play with point of view? there's a lot of things that he gets involved in that are time consuming and don't necessarily help his solo career... while GnR may take up a lot of time every 6 months for 6-8 weeks at a time but it has increased his popularity tenfold and definitely allowed him to be a bit more comfortable financially (I'm sure he's not living like a king, but he's definitely paying his bills and putting food on the table)

That's one of my big issues with our current version of GnR. The band is nobody's main priority. Everybody has other projects they work on, they invest their skills and talents into. If BBF or DJ writes an amazing song today, and they are working on a solo album or a six AM album that is going to be released in six months - do you really think they are going to save that song/idea for a GnR album that might not see the light of day for 15 years?

I have no doubt that GnR could be the biggest rock band in the world again.........if they simply wanted to.

If Axl and the rest of the band dedicated the next five years to GnR, where they couldn't work on any side projects - I truly believe this band would kick-start the entire rock genre again.

Five years, nothing but GnR. Double album in 2015. Tour the world 2015-2016. Do interviews. Release music videos. 2017 - release Axl's book, and a documentary on the band/CD/or the Illusions footage.. Spend 2017 writing an album together - as a band. LIke they did in the old days. Guys get TOGETHER in the same place and jam, exchange ideas, and build an album together. Album in 2018, tour the world.

This band has a TON of talent. They just need to use it together.

Why The Beta, Fernando and Axl don't want to do this.............very sad to me.