Bumblefoot To Focus On Solo Career

Ron wants to make new music with the "band". Axl doesn't. Enough said......

Yeah but Ron wants money. His solo "career" isn't going to pay jack shit. Enough said.......

They ALL want money. It's a job.

There's a huge difference between an artist who is clearly passionate about his creations and a hired employee who's there just for a paycheck.

Ron is there for money. It's uninteresting to see him play songs he didn't write, because clearly he doesn't care about anything except the money.

Why not replace Ron with a backing track? The backing track is no different from Ron, if all you want is a carbon copy recreation of what Slash created.

As reported here pre Vegas before anyone else *exclusive haha the haters love that daft bastards* (when others were clearly stating the opposite) I told you he had told management he wanted out. I remember even my best buddy HV politely disagreed and couldn't see it! Something big kicked off at the SA tour pre Vegas. I'm surprised Axl (given just how strongly he feels about loyalty) he hasn't kicked BBF out of touch but I understand the doors "kinda open still". If he does go and he ends up out, I think they will replace, it's definite no on bucket *enter sad face* and I'll be amazed if robin gets asked or more likely would even want to come back perminantly.

Keep your eyes pealed for more exclusives ;)

#2/3songsonlyfuckup!

Hi Subsy!

As reported here pre Vegas before anyone else *exclusive haha the haters love that daft bastards* (when others were clearly stating the opposite) I told you he had told management he wanted out. I remember even my best buddy HV politely disagreed and couldn't see it! Something big kicked off at the SA tour pre Vegas. I'm surprised Axl (given just how strongly he feels about loyalty) he hasn't kicked BBF out of touch but I understand the doors "kinda open still". If he does go and he ends up out, I think they will replace, it's definite no on bucket *enter sad face* and I'll be amazed if robin gets asked or more likely would even want to come back perminantly.

#2/3songsonlyfuckup!

Hi Subsy!

Hi big man :)

Now if Bumble can refrain on using GNR's name on all future appearances, that would be great.

Not gonna happen.

He'll prob unleash a new line of AFD Hot Sauces, featuring favors like Sweet Lime o Mine, Welcome to the Jalapeño, and Poblano City.

Edited by niceguy
  • Like 2

#2/3songsonlyfuckup!

Is a new exclusive on the way Subsy ? :)

#2/3songsonlyfuckup!

Hi Subsy!

Subsy! :hug:

#2/3songsonlyfuckup!

Hi Subsy!

Hi Subsy and what an adorable dog in your photo.

I haven't watched the video yet but the 15 seconds or so I skipped through, I really like BBF. I just wish I felt the same about BBF that I feel about Axl but I hope I like his music & if he comes to Oz to do a concert I'll make the biggest effort to go and see him.

Now if Bumble can refrain on using GNR's name on all future appearances, that would be great.

Not gonna happen.

He'll prob unleash a new line of AFD Hot Sauces, featuring favors like Sweet Lime o Mine, Welcome to the Jalapeño, and Poblano City.

But how can you talk like that about the most important key member of this line-up!! This line-up is tighter than ever! A band of brothers!

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

Axl won't do that, just go with dj and Fortus , they can cover bumble with no trouble

Richard is a pretty great player, but his style is quite the opposite of Bumble/bucket, great hybrid picker, great classic rock/alt-rock feel and a great ear for melody and chordal arrangement. Dj is a really basic type of player, and he doesn't even do the basics that well. I don't like slagging off guitar players... but when they play in the biggest bands in the world and they don't pull their weight I think it's fair to call them out, he is however talented at connecting with fans, and putting on a show.

A Bumble replacement would No. 1 need to be capable of recreating bumbles parts from CD (double hand tapping, fretless etc) No. 2 they would need to be a great singer too, bumble does a lot of background vocals especially on CD material and none of the other guys in the band at present can sing in that register so they will need someone who can hit the notes, otherwise the songs are going to sound a little different (or they will have to pipe in recorded backing vocals).

Is another shredder really necessary though? (supposing Thal is out or is going to leave)

I mean, who is going to cry if CD songs like Shacklers Revenge never get played live again?

Most of the time Axl isn't able to do them justice live anyway, keep Chinese Democracy and The Blues ( Fortus could play lead on those, surely) and jettison the rest.

I don't accept the argument that GNR NEEDS a widdle diddle shredder guitarist, they don't- people go to hear Novemeber Rain, WTTJ, Paradise City etc, not the CD stuff.

Is another shredder really necessary though? (supposing Thal is out or is going to leave)

I mean, who is going to cry if CD songs like Shacklers Revenge never get played live again?

Most of the time Axl isn't able to do them justice live anyway, keep Chinese Democracy and The Blues ( Fortus could play lead on those, surely) and jettison the rest.

I don't accept the argument that GNR NEEDS a widdle diddle shredder guitarist, they don't- people go to hear Novemeber Rain, WTTJ, Paradise City etc, not the CD stuff.

You're probably right (sadly), but as someone who wants the Guns sound pushed forward, I'd be really bummed if we lost another exceptional shredder. Finck was awesome, but it's incredibly frustrating that the one that always leaves the band is the best guitar player of the lot with the most unique sound. And, on top of that, it seems like they mainly go because they're eager to record and Guns is dormant.

Anyway, I've been bracing for an official announcement about his departure for a while now. Surprised it's taken this long frankly. Ron's usually pretty active on Twitter and he's not even addressing it with the people who've asked him.

There is no hope for new guns if BBF is sayonara, this guy is an exceptional player, he could be as superlative as Bucket and Slash if given the opportunity... Axl is an intelligent fellow and musically advanced more than 99% of us...he ain't thick by any means so I'm not quite sure what he's playing at with pampering Ashba and dwindling time away, if he lets this happen he obviously still has several screws loose still.

Yeah but Ron wants money. His solo "career" isn't going to pay jack shit. Enough said.......

There's a huge difference between an artist who is clearly passionate about his creations and a hired employee who's there just for a paycheck.

Ron is there for money. It's uninteresting to see him play songs he didn't write, because clearly he doesn't care about anything except the money.

Why not replace Ron with a backing track? The backing track is no different from Ron, if all you want is a carbon copy recreation of what Slash created.

When you complain in the press over and over that you haven't gotten into a room to play with the band you're in, the "I'm just here for the money" crap goes out the window.

Sure he uses the GNR name for other opportunities. They all do. Past and present members. You think anyone would give a shit about a band called "Walking Papers" if there wasn't a GNR member in it with a book with a GNR song title in the title of the book?

Making a living playing music is tough so if you have a way to help spread the word about your new band, go for it.

• Like 1