Bumblefoot To Focus On Solo Career

What can the fans expect for 2015? Are there any major projects that you are working on for that year?

Well, if I stick to the deadlines, my new album will be released on February 24th.

Good for Ron, he should be a part of an album that will actually be released next year so I think he is making the right choice.

I am 99 percent sure 2015 for GNR will just be the same ol' song and dance that has been going on since 2011

"If I stick to the deadlines" - clear dig at Axl.

Agreed, GNR will either tour for 1-2 months or do nothing this year.

When it comes to Ron and Axl/Gn'R, Ron isn't, as far as we know, allowed to say anything. Maybe there is nothing to say anyway. Maybe Ron's in the dark as far as all things Gn'R goes. As a musician, it is healthy to keep going, and follow your dreams. Gn'R kinda comes and goes. If Ron gets the call, maybe he will jump at it, maybe he won't?

Edited by star

Bumble stays in Guns , same ish stuff since 2011 like it's been said before

Bumble leaves Guns and goes alone , playing infront of 3 people in Eastern European countries like Lithuania & Moldova

I've seen him play in front of less than 200 people back in 2002 in France and in front of 17000 people in 2010 in France.

Can you guess when he seemed happier and more excited ?

I believe you should always do what makes you happier.

• Like 3

I've seen him play in front of less than 200 people back in 2002 in France and in front of 17000 people in 2010 in France.

Can you guess when he seemed happier and more excited ?

I believe you should always do what makes you happier.

Precisely.

And all Ron has to do is finally admit that pretty much no one wants to hear the garbage he creates. He should show more gratitude to his luck and good fortune.

Without being a Slash cover guitarist, Ron would be very unhappy.

• Like 1

I guess this is why Buckethead bailed out, as he got sick of it all. Look how much work he has put out since. Sure not all of it is AAA, but there's more than enough material to fill 3x AAA albums. That's just the way Bucket works, he plays it, put's it out. Slash does the same thing. Puts out an album, on that album will be a few Gems. At-least that means he gets the chance to be performing all the time, playing all era songs, old, new, latest.

• Like 1

So in 2 days we will see if he changes his (2006-2014) to (2006-2015) in his FB, Twitter, Instagram...

Bumble and I are LinkedIn connections. His profile lists his current jobs as adjunct prof at SUNY Purchase and CEO of Bumblefoot Inc. Guns is listed, and ends June of 2014. So if you want social media to tell you, there you go.

I guess this is why Buckethead bailed out, as he got sick of it all. Look how much work he has put out since. Sure not all of it is AAA, but there's more than enough material to fill 3x AAA albums. That's just the way Bucket works, he plays it, put's it out. Slash does the same thing. Puts out an album, on that album will be a few Gems. At-least that means he gets the chance to be performing all the time, playing all era songs, old, new, latest.

Agreed. They do it like that cause they're not insecure as shit. They put the work out. They don't wait for all the conditions to be perfect to do it.

And an album is a snapshot of where you were at as an artist when you wrote that song, that album, anyway. It's not supposed to take 10 years. You're not supposed to copy/paste the shit out of the ideas the musicians you chose to do it brought in, you're not supposed to use takes from 10 years ago and slap on them someone that had nothing to do with the original concept. And you're not supposed to compete with your old band and what you've created in the past and use everything to recreate shit that will never be as good as the original shit.

The organic nature of creating music is fucked with, and you basically waste a bunch of time overdoing something that should already be given the chance to bloom outside of your control. Axl is probably in a very different place. The way he creates music, his approach... how he does things cripple the natural process and everybody loses. The artist, his collaborators, and the fans.

In this case we've lost twice: once we lost old Guns and the perfect chemistry the members of that line up had.

A second time was, of course, the fact that we have 1 new album in 23 years and Axl was lost to us as a live performer for years. His best years. When he was still in his prime. (what a shame) Tells you everything you need to know. And it's been 6 years since Chinese was released, and he's still very insecure and precious about his music imo and too uncompromising as a human being to do it like a normal musician would.

Having said that, I love Chinese. :heart:

Edited by Rovim

His twitter still says GNR 2006-2014, either hasn't updated it yet or he's out

The only way we'll know for sure is at the next GN'R show. Maybe he has left but Axl is hoping he'll come back. There were reports of him handing in his notice. I mean he tried to talk Bucket round numerous times before Ron joined properly. The fact that they haven't announced his departure speaks volumes though. Ron usually is surprisingly open with GN'R stuff. I guess there's no need to announce stuff before any future dates are announced. Ashba's touring with Sixx A.M in a few months so I guess that means no potential GN'R stuff until after then. What I don't get is that Ashba hasn't said there were issues getting time off from Guns for the Sixx A.M. dates. Unless he gets special treatment or something, in which case I could see why Ron would be annoyed :shrugs:

There's no way Guns is getting in the way of anyone's solo career. Those guys have six to eight months off a year since 2012 pretty much. It's not like they're holed up in a studio. None of the guys use it as an excuse. Its just BBF in his cry baby, pity me mode over and over again.

There's no way Guns is getting in the way of anyone's solo career. Those guys have six to eight months off a year since 2012 pretty much. It's not like they're holed up in a studio. None of the guys use it as an excuse. Its just BBF in his cry baby, pity me mode over and over again.

That's one hell of a point !

• Like 1

IMHO BBF's feelings about the tour conflicts were justified. They do have a lot of time off, but the Powers That Be also tend to schedule them onto GnR tours and such at short notice, which can be a problem. It's apparently not as though Team Brazil hands them schedules way in advance. From what BBF said, the communication between management and band is kind of spotty. IIRC, didn't BBF try, and fail, to get in touch with Team Brazil before he booked his tour to make sure there wasn't a conflict? I thought the deal was that he couldn't get in touch or get a straight answer on dates, so he booked his own tour, and then the GnR stuff ended up conflicting with it. That's enough to upset anyone. He TRIED to work around GnR and if they'd given him a straight answer - even if that was "hey, there's good probability we might be going out at those times..." he might have been able to work with it.

Since Tommy had to be replaced by Duff for a bunch of shows, the scheduling conflicts seemed to have affected him too.

Edited by stella

My guess is he is out, but trying to keep a foot in the door. Without a tour right now, it doesn't benefit either party to say he is out. If by the time touring comes Bumble and Axl reach an agreement, this way it won't be too awkward. We know there was a falling out during the South America Tour, Bumble handed his notice in, Axl accepted. However, this could all change in a year's time.

This is probably what's really happening.

exactly my thoughts.

I think the band has no clear future plans, so Ron has nothing to gain by announcing he's out. But at the same time, it's clear that he saw the end of the last tour as some kind of finish line for him, personally. So he's as close to accepting that he's out of the band as possible without committing to it, and I guess he figures maybe by the time they're ready to go back on tour he'll feel differently and jump back on board.

My guess is he is out, but trying to keep a foot in the door. Without a tour right now, it doesn't benefit either party to say he is out. If by the time touring comes Bumble and Axl reach an agreement, this way it won't be too awkward. We know there was a falling out during the South America Tour, Bumble handed his notice in, Axl accepted. However, this could all change in a year's time.

This is probably what's really happening.

exactly my thoughts.

I think the band has no clear future plans, so Ron has nothing to gain by announcing he's out. But at the same time, it's clear that he saw the end of the last tour as some kind of finish line for him, personally. So he's as close to accepting that he's out of the band as possible without committing to it, and I guess he figures maybe by the time they're ready to go back on tour he'll feel differently and jump back on board.

ITA. There's no point in quitting a band that isn't actually doing anything at the moment. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that by announcing the solo stuff he's making it clear that he will not change his plans for GnR this year, and I agree with that. If the schedule works out with both GnR and his solo stuff, and he's able to work out his concerns with management, he might very well stick around.

GnR isn't getting in the way of BBF's solo career as he's got a new album, so he doesn't have to cry about that. Don't forget he's also had some health issues (cancer scare) as well as back problems. So far he has not left and if he were to leave because of no music being put out, he'd have left a lot sooner. I think it is purely to do with money and negotiations that he's acting so distanced from Guns. I have a feeling that a lot of GnR's business decisions are last minute, and if you want to have a solo career like Bumble wants, that might interfere with scheduling etc. All speculation at this point.

GnR isn't getting in the way of BBF's solo career as he's got a new album, so he doesn't have to cry about that. Don't forget he's also had some health issues (cancer scare) as well as back problems. So far he has not left and if he were to leave because of no music being put out, he'd have left a lot sooner. I think it is purely to do with money and negotiations that he's acting so distanced from Guns. I have a feeling that a lot of GnR's business decisions are last minute, and if you want to have a solo career like Bumble wants, that might interfere with scheduling etc. All speculation at this point.

I don't care what the "vision" is.... if theres a female guitar player (not matter how awesome she might be)... I would be utterly and completely done...

I don't care what the "vision" is.... if theres a female guitar player (not matter how awesome she might be)... I would be utterly and completely done...

Chicks are bad?