Bumblefoot To Focus On Solo Career

She was gonna tour with Michael Jackson. It's not like she haven't had any experience with nostalgic tours. And she can play:

Not a bad player by any stretch but she cannot handle bucket/bumble parts... she's a bluesy / rock player, I've watched her trying to play the beat it solo and she sounded a bit amateurish within that style... I've heard seen her playing less technical parts relatively good, much better player than Dj. We need to face it that, GnR in 2015 need a guy Or girl capable of playing "advanced guitar techniques" tapping, sweeping etc. She can do a little bit of both but she's not on the same level as Bucket or Bumble, if she was hired that would essential mean that he has two Slash type players and one Izzy who would really need to bone up on his double hand tapping and sweeps.

Stevie Vai would be a good replacement.

• Like 1

one Izzy who would really need to bone up on his double hand tapping and sweeps.

Is Fortus really an "Izzy", though (apart from looks :P )? I'm not a guitarist but he seems a lot more technically capable than Izzy.

Definitely more capable, techniques wise...! Izzy was purely about doing the basics well and creating great songs. I call Richard the Izzy type because he plays the rhythms with great feel and he really drives the song, he does it in a different way to Izzy of course but they're not a million miles apart from a rhythm point of view.

GnR in 2015 need a guy Or girl capable of playing "advanced guitar techniques" tapping, sweeping etc.

someone also said something about the Beat It solo?

and just so we don't leave the guys out:

Add someone with backing vocals and songwriting skills to that list, I was just talking about guitar there. Also, just to answer the other question about "do they really need a shredder" yes, if you release an album full to the brim with that type of playing and you intend to go forward with that music... you need a shredder. Did GnR need a shredder originally (99 - 02... whenever Bucket joined) the answer is no, but they got one and now like it or not people expect that from GnR.

Well to be honest, a girl would be just as (if not more) "GNR" than Chris Pitman, Ron Thal, Frank Ferrer or DJ Ashba.

This.

She was gonna tour with Michael Jackson. It's not like she haven't had any experience with nostalgic tours. And she can play:

Not a bad player by any stretch but she cannot handle bucket/bumble parts... she's a bluesy / rock player, I've watched her trying to play the beat it solo and she sounded a bit amateurish within that style... I've heard seen her playing less technical parts relatively good, much better player than Dj. We need to face it that, GnR in 2015 need a guy Or girl capable of playing "advanced guitar techniques" tapping, sweeping etc. She can do a little bit of both but she's not on the same level as Bucket or Bumble, if she was hired that would essential mean that he has two Slash type players and one Izzy who would really need to bone up on his double hand tapping and sweeps.

Stevie Vai would be a good replacement.
He's too good for that band.

whoever the new guitarist is, all i can say is : FUCK OFF ! gnr fans want slash.

Agreed.

It's nice to know your the spokesperson for gnr fans !

I think Slash will never play with Axl again, it's reality so why want him back so much knowing there's no chance of it happening really, he is awesome but it'll never ever happen

Orianthi is a great guitarist. If she's being considered as a replacement for Bumblefoot, I think that's good. I just hope she doesn't finger-tap the shit out of the simplest solos. That said, if she's intelligent, she will decline the offer to play in Axl Rose's band.

• Like 1

GnR in 2015 need a guy Or girl capable of playing "advanced guitar techniques" tapping, sweeping etc.

To be fair, that's probably the best cover of the "Beat It" solo I've ever heard, male or female. Orianthi's version was pretty good but not great. I did a review of BBF's on the tribute album he did, which btw his sucked ass. Both Orianthi's and this other chicks were better. To be fair, BBF did his own solo instead of Eddie's, which I found to be in poor taste. It also begs the question WHY? I'm of the opinion he can't do it very well, so he played his own instead. Which he is a MASSIVE EVH fan, so he knows you don't fuck with perfection, its better to do your own solo than a half assed version of the real thing. But again it does show some of Bumble's limitations IMO. It also highlights how fucking awesome Mr. Edward Van Halen really is, often copied, never duplicated. I'd bet the farm that Satriani, Vai, Buckethead and anyone else you mention can't play Eddie's solos like Eddie does, he has an insanely unique feel.

To be fair, that's probably the best cover of the "Beat It" solo I've ever heard, male or female. Orianthi's version was pretty good but not great. I did a review of BBF's on the tribute album he did, which btw his sucked ass. Both Orianthi's and this other chicks were better. To be fair, BBF did his own solo instead of Eddie's, which I found to be in poor taste. It also begs the question WHY? I'm of the opinion he can't do it very well, so he played his own instead. Which he is a MASSIVE EVH fan, so he knows you don't fuck with perfection, its better to do your own solo than a half assed version of the real thing. But again it does show some of Bumble's limitations IMO. It also highlights how fucking awesome Mr. Edward Van Halen really is, often copied, never duplicated. I'd bet the farm that Satriani, Vai, Buckethead and anyone else you mention can't play Eddie's solos like Eddie does, he has an insanely unique feel.

Nobody can play like Eddie, but Eddie couldn't play like Clapton or BB King does that make Eddie a bad player? no! Bumble/vai and satriani, Bucket could all play Eddie's parts there's no question, they would nail the rhythms and the solo's but It wouldn't sound like Eddie because Eddie wouldn't be playing... there's nothing wrong with sounding unique, everyone of those guitar players are unique and have pushed the envelope on what the guitar is capable of... Innovators, not unlike EVH (I wouldn't give them the same accolades but they are absolutely fantastic players... not always my favourites to listen to though).

I don't care how talented she is... I don't want a woman in "Guns N Roses"

Even tho I love Axl and cheer for him at all costs... I have never considered a GNR lineup without Slash and Duff to really be GnR... but this would really be the last straw for me... I respect all opinions... but this is absurd to me

LZ, Aerosmith, the Stones, The Who... all of OG GNR's contemporaries... they'd never dream of this... it is sad to me

hopefully this is just a wild rumor and has no legs

Orianthi is a great guitarist. If she's being considered as a replacement for Bumblefoot, I think that's good. I just hope she doesn't finger-tap the shit out of the simplest solos. That said, if she's intelligent, she will decline the offer to play in Axl Rose's band.

I don't think so, she used to play blues most of the time, I mean, she knows how it works

Axl should fire the whole band and just play backing tracks with all the instruments. He's the only one with the passion to keep GNR alive.

"God bless technology - South America Tour 2015"

Even tho I love Axl and cheer for him at all costs... I have never considered a GNR lineup without Slash and Duff to really be GnR... but this would really be the last straw for me... I respect all opinions... but this is absurd to me

LZ, Aerosmith, the Stones, The Who... all of OG GNR's contemporaries... they'd never dream of this... it is sad to me

Women can rock just as hard as guys can. Lzzy from Halestorm tears it up harder than 90% of rock singers out there.

Who cares what sex one of the musicians is. Can they write? Can they play? Will they fit in with the band's musical vibe? That is all that matters.

This is 2015 bro.

I'd like official confirmation whether he is in or out. Get some young, hungry guitarist in. One that doesn't bitch and just plays.

Nick Sterling!

Wasn't he considered a while ago? I think it was when Robin rejoined NIN and they ended up going with Ashba?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/137535-nick-sterling-jams-with-gnr/

And I believe the reasoning against it was Baz... wait and see though.

Or penises!