Bumblefoot To Focus On Solo Career

The fact that Axl is now looking for a girl guitarist just for the gimmick aspect of it (Orianthi is not at the same level of BH and BBF, skill and speed-wise) shows how lost the guy is and how his "vision" has failed. This band does get more and more pathetic each year. :lol:

Edited by maynard

The fact that Axl is now looking for a girl guitarist just for the gimmick aspect of it (Orianthi is not at the same level of BH and BBF, skill and speed-wise) shows how lost the guy is and how his "vision" has failed. This band does get more and more pathetic each year. :lol:

So you're taking a rumor as gospel now?

Yeah, maybe "fact" wasn't the right word... It wouldn't suprise me a bit if it did happen though.

Yeah, maybe "fact" wasn't the right word... It wouldn't suprise me a bit if it did happen though.
Who cares what sex whoever is (if Ron is even out of the band) as long as they can play the parts and don't suck like DJ?

Who cares what sex whoever is (if Ron is even out of the band) as long as they can play the parts and don't suck like DJ?

That's the thing, Orianthi is very good, but as others have pointed out, she has more of a bluesy style, she's not a shredder like BH and BBF (not at the same level, at least). So, either Axl would be hiring her for being a girl who plays guitar or because he's abandoning the shredder option. As you said, just rumors, I'm just thinking aloud here...

Edited by maynard

more of a bluesy style

Axl's abandoning the shredder option

Yup. While I think the Orianthi rumour has been debunked, I don't think he's going to be looking for someone who can play Bucket or Bumble parts note-for-note, but a reasonably competent guitarist who can cover that stuff with Fortus and who can also come up with bluesy guitar parts to fit the "melodies first" approach he said he's going for.

Also, chicks are hot.

I heard Team Brazil are paying some guitar lessons to one of those young supermodels Axl hired to be in the first row of his concerts a while ago.

Just hire this chick:

Would make a change from staring up at sweaty man-crotch at every gig.

• Like 1

Who listens to this kind of shit music ?
it's a good question, but i don't have the answer

where do we get that Axl is looking for a female GNR guitarist?

people are bored to death (which is understandable given that nugnr is one of the most boring bands of the planet), so people tend to invent things or give credit to unsubstantiated rumors Edited by supercool

whoever the new guitarist is, all i can say is : FUCK OFF ! gnr fans want slash.

Hasn't Slash said, words to the effect off, Gn'R is over as far has he is concerned.

For Slash to jump on stage with Axl he would demand more $$'s than Axl can afford.

Edited by star

Lol I forgot about that kid, cool for him to play with Baz and GNR at such a young age.

Anyways, I am not thinking of the BBF thing too much until its 100% set in stone. Even if he left, I'd follow his career and not care too much since GNR does nothing anyways

Wasn't BBF a professor at one of the SUNY schools before he got hired by GnR, too? I'm thinking SUNY Stonybrook? Purchase is the top performing arts school in the SUNY system, so he's in a good place. And being an adjunct means he'll still have plenty of time to do other stuff.